Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Chris's Minor Dominion Tweaks  (Read 9246 times)

Elestan

• Witch
  • Respect: +428
    • View Profile
Re: Chris's Minor Dominion Tweaks
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2017, 09:55:37 pm »
+2

"Each other player shuffles their deck" would be an interesting mild attack on a card whose non-attack effect is some kind of deck-stacking (e.g. "Draw 2 extra cards during Clean-up, then put two cards from your hand onto your deck in any order.").

Things like that could be interesting online, but it's too slow for RL play, and could get very hard on people's cards.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2017, 10:53:57 pm »

Knowing what's in your opponent's hand makes all the difference in end game tactics

Right, I agree that can make a difference. It's still bad because in games with more than two players the next in turn order still knows what the third has in hand. The player right to the attacker is hurt more.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2017, 11:04:26 pm »

The player -- is hurt more.

That's a pretty common phenomenon in multiplayer games.

In all seriousness though, that's easily preventable by making you look at each opponent's hand instead.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2017, 12:19:03 am »
+7

If I were to tweak Sentry, I'd probably try a version that only trashed one card. Maybe only discarded one card too, for simplicity. "Look at the top 2 cards of your deck. You may trash one. You may discard one. Put the rest back in any order." Make it less swingy, you know? If the resulting card was too weak, I'd try "Look at the top 3 cards of your deck…"

I think you're up to something. Maybe lower the price to 3$, and that would be a card to look out for.

;)
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.684 seconds with 21 queries.