Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Here's a surprisingly tricky Base-only board.  (Read 1402 times)

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
Here's a surprisingly tricky Base-only board.
« on: September 08, 2017, 02:06:44 am »
+3

The numbers spoil what I went for - a Village/Moat/Witch engine. I was mostly uncontested, I got 7 of the Villages.

I thought this board was neat because it has a lot of subtleties to it. I think Festival and Bandit are both traps, you really don't want to lose any draw on your +Actions card and gaining Gold makes it too difficult to draw your actions.

Without Moat I wouldn't go for engine, because the Curses will slow you down too much. If Remodel was Workshop I wouldn't go for engine, because you couldn't get rid of your Estates. But with both, it's just barely past the bar where I go for it. The way it plays out is that you use mostly Village + Moat for draw, laugh as your Moats block any attacks your opponent plays, then you play a Witch every turn and drown them in Curses. Remodel turns Estate --> Village or Harbinger and Copper/Curse --> Moat.

I wanted to pick up Mine but by the time my deck felt consistent enough for it I had to worry about 3 piles.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
Re: Here's a surprisingly tricky Base-only board.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 03:16:54 am »
+1

I wonder if there's room to play with both a Remodel and Bandit for Provinces. I think there is.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
Re: Here's a surprisingly tricky Base-only board.
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 09:21:36 am »
+1

I like Remodel a lot here, since you actually do want the Moats, and pretty quickly. The cheapness of both major components of your draw engine is fantastic. Plus later on, Remodel becomes part of your payload with Bandit.

I think Bandit / Remodel into Province is totally reasonable payload here, you have way more than enough +Actions for that, and you can quickly gain the requisite components.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.