Dominion > Dominion Articles

Bonfire Synergies and Tactics

<< < (2/5) > >>

Deadlock39:

--- Quote from: werothegreat on September 07, 2017, 11:07:50 pm ---
--- Quote from: Chris is me on September 07, 2017, 09:56:28 pm ---I'm probably going to take the Transmute bit out, probably sliding an Amulet bit in its place or something.

--- End quote ---

Why?  The Transmute bit is interesting, and it highlights a little-used card, to boot.

--- End quote ---

Because after further analysis, it appears it probably isn't actually good unless the board is very weak.

crj:

--- Quote from: Chris is me on September 07, 2017, 08:28:36 pm ---How often do you gain cards anyway on turns you trash 2 Coppers with Stewart or Remake?
--- End quote ---
*giggle*

aku_chi:
It might be worth mentioning:

Generally, you should not open with Bonfire if there are important $5 cards you want early (e.g. Cultist, Junk Dealer) - Bonfire hurts your early economy.  But, even in these situations, there will likely be opportunities beyond the first shuffle to buy Bonfire to trash Copper.

And also, two more synergies: Squire and Hunting Grounds.

faust:
I think the article should focus less on specific synergies and more on general strength. The way it is written now, one would assume that Bonfire is the strongest trasher in existence. Downsides aren't really discussed. And where there are comparisons to other trashers, you make it sound as though Bonfire wins out against Steward, Remake or Masquerade, which I am pretty sure is not the case. You really should discuss:

- losing 2 Coppers early hurts your ecomony and makes it hard to get more stuff. How to make up for that.
- the ratio of coins spent per card trashed is way higher than for any other trasher. What this means when comparing Bonfire to other trashers.

drsteelhammer:
Couple things that could be expanded upon:

-Playing your other card by turn 4 is really really good. (And your turn 3 buy on t5 happens, too right?) This deserves 1-2 sentences in the general strategy section.

-Like others have said, something about early economy would be nice. What chance has Monument/Bonfire (or Silver/Bonfire, doesn't matter) to hit $5? or to hit Bonfire/Silver again the next shuffle? The necro trash could have a small place here aswell.

I also think hitting $5 isn't that important because you can build up nicely after being thin, but I suppose it necessary on some boards.

-like aku said, HG is really nice for the last turn- probably deserves a mention.

Otherwise, good article!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version