Dominion > Tournaments and Events

World Cup 2018 Interest Thread & Discussion

(1/9) > >>

Seprix:
Hi. This is an announcement I suppose. Amoffett and I (and maybe Breppert) are going to organize a World Cup sometime in early 2018. The date isn't set in stone yet. For now, I am trying to generate interest/come up with ways to potentially improve the WC. For now the rules will be the same as last time around, but that could change. For example, How would teams be grouped? Should there be a second US team/Japan team? Should it be mandatory for each player to own all expansions? Should there be a refugee team for countries that cannot fill a roster? How are team captains decided? There are all sorts of avenues to explore and I think it's worthwhile to generate some civil discussion about it all.

dedicateddan:
Awesome! A lot of players in the US - so two teams would be nice

Awaclus:
I think that by default, each country should have one team. Having more than one team per country or more than one country per team should only be done on a case-by-case basis if we need more teams after each country with 4 players has gotten one. Which is probably going to be the case, but it shouldn't be the default thing to do.

Just picking the highest ranked player as the captain should be fine. The only other way is basically to let the teams elect a captain on their own, which is almost certainly always just going to be the highest ranked player anyway, and either way it just makes things less convenient.

I don't think owning expansions should be mandatory. It hasn't been mandatory in the past and it has never caused any problems, and now we have second edition Base for the non-subscribers which is way better than first edition.

Lekkit:
Already interested. ;)

McGarnacle:
Man, I thought this was about the actual 2018 World Cup.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version