Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: Dominion Strategy: Then, Now, and the Future  (Read 32794 times)

Cave-o-sapien

• Jester
  • Respect: +1675
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Strategy: Then, Now, and the Future
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2017, 06:43:50 pm »
+3

I think there is a natural, somewhat detrimental path that forums take as they expand and as they persist through time, where older members have seen so many topics rehashed that they don't want to contribute the same discussion to them, yet they are still the most prolific posters. So the number of off-topic, less than directly helpful posts increases over time.

This is a fascinating observation that I hadn't considered before. It should go on the Forum Analysis Forum Blog.

teamlyle

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: La-Ya
  • Ah... German Hello?
  • Respect: +329
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2017, 07:30:37 pm »

I personally don't know Adam very well, but I don't see why he shouldn't be a part of the DS blog. He's obviously really good at Dominion and he's written impressive articles before. What are people afraid will happen? I think the new DS blog is something we all want, so if Adam is volunteering to help, there is no reason to say no.
"In your face." -Jacob
"Ooh. You just got burned." -Jack
"First place again, disciple!" -Ruikai
"Ugh... 399 cursors. Time to hack!" -Ben
"You gotta do your homework, dude!" -Yul
"Come on man, let the plat play." -The Plat
"It's nice to have a good 'in your face' every once in a while." -Jacob
"OBJECTION!!! The witness is being SUPER gross." -Phoenix Wright
"Milord, Inquisitor Fey sentences that burger to my stomach!" -Maya Fey
"Dude, I only had 4 cups of coffee this morning so I'm gonna crash." -Swi
"Okay, okay. My team name is: Team Lyle: the Advancing Armadillo." -Lyle
"I’m sorry Cedric, we just have to do what we have to do to get me to be a op." -Paul
"Well, I prefer loyal people. I don’t want anyone to be a La-Ya except for me." -La-Ya
"I don't play Monkey vs. Monkey. I'm too busy in pacifist mode, watching my buildings survive and thrive!" -Joshua
Lyle's mom: Are you guys going to play regular Dominion, or are you going to play cheat?
Lyle: Of course we're playing Cheat Dominion!

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2017, 07:34:33 pm »
+1

I don't think anyone has said at any point that Adam shouldn't be able to contribute articles to the blog. I just don't think he's a good choice to administer—or co-administer—the blog.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:35:52 pm by LastFootnote »

trivialknot

• Jester
  • Respect: +1171
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2017, 07:41:22 pm »
+3

@Adam,
One concern I had about you managing the blog is it seemed like you might be a harsh editor?  Everyone agrees that you write quality articles, but that could also mean you have high expectations for other people's articles.  Obviously this is great if it leads to a high quality blog, but if it discourages writers it might just kill the blog's momentum.  You've taught a lot of people about dominion, but it seems like the role of editor is very different from the role of teacher.

But I don't want to guess at your personality or managing style, so maybe you could just tell us yourself how you would handle it?  I also pose this question to Wero and Beyond Awesome.

tripwire

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +211
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2017, 08:04:20 pm »
+2

I just want to say I'm excited about all of this. I personally think all the suggestions of people so far would be great, and I agree that the blog should be run by a few people, not just one.

I also want to interject among all this discussion of "the great f.ds drama," that I think people's comments so far seem to be a testament to the great community we have here. Things were pretty tough during the "drama," but it seems like everyone is genuinely interested in AdamH contributing to the blog, regardless of their position during that dark period in f.ds history. People, on all sides, could be way worse.

Also, I just wanted to take this moment to thank theory again for all has done and is doing for this community. Even if nothing comes of this discussion, I appreciate your willingness to consider turning the reins of the blog over to other people. That being said, I do hope something comes of this, because I agree that an active and current blog could help a lot.

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2017, 08:39:05 pm »

@Adam,
One concern I had about you managing the blog is it seemed like you might be a harsh editor?  Everyone agrees that you write quality articles, but that could also mean you have high expectations for other people's articles.  Obviously this is great if it leads to a high quality blog, but if it discourages writers it might just kill the blog's momentum.  You've taught a lot of people about dominion, but it seems like the role of editor is very different from the role of teacher.

I think every piece of feedback I've given has been constructive and encouraging. Is there something I'm missing? I mean, I feel like I'd be a pretty crappy editor if I saw a way an article could be improved and didn't mention how to improve it. I don't think I've ever been "harsh" on an article, can anyone point to an actual example of this?

I feel like the articles that can be written by people outside the community are the types of articles that aren't going to require this kind of scrutiny anyways. Game reports or summaries of IRL meetups are the biggest thing in my mind -- to involve more of the community, they need to feel like they have a connection with the blog, so posting stuff like this seems to be an important thing.

Articles that go more into strategy, though, should expect to have more people think critically of them -- otherwise, how could the blog claim to be a legitimate source of strategic insight? Different feedback is appropriate for different people. Like I said, I know all facets of the audience for the DS blog really really well, and I think that includes the people writing articles.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2017, 08:44:02 pm »
+3

Hi, Adam.  *waves*

I don't think there's anyone who's taught Dominion to more people than I have.

I mean, I've taught Dominion to quite a few new players myself.  I think I'm pretty good at it (teaching, that is), not to be too own-horn-tooty.

To clarify: yes, I am interested in running the blog.  I am not interested in running it by myself, and I certainly am not at a point in my life where I could contribute financially to the blog's or forum's maintenance, so if that's a requirement, I respectfully decline.  If not, I'm more than happy to help curate articles and write the occasional one myself.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2017, 08:59:01 pm »
+1

Adam, weren't you and WanderingWinder doing a blog for a while? What happened there?

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1781
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2017, 09:06:00 pm »
+2

Adam, weren't you and WanderingWinder doing a blog for a while? What happened there?

WanderingWinder had a blog, and he and Adam had a podcast. Very shortly after it was announced that ShuffleIT (Stef) got the Dominion contract Wandering Winder decided to retire from Dominion (edit: and given the timing, I assumed this was due to his previous drama with Stef concerning the Dominion League). WW's blog (for Dominion at least) and the podcast are now defunct.  Which is too bad, because WW was still writing good articles and I hear the podcast was good as well.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 11:30:03 pm by JW »

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2017, 09:11:38 pm »

Uhm, maybe I am mis-remembering, but didn't the "drama" start because Adam was exasperated that his attempts to move the forum away from memes and towards strategy advice were being constantly "derailed"? You might disagree with the way he was trying to get things back to strategy, or with what constitutes an unreasonable amount of "off-topic"-ness, but I don't see how that could possibly influence his role as a blog administrator.

Then there was something about a league, maybe? I don't really follow the league, so dunno. But either way that's hardly relevant to what's being discussed here.

In any case, I don't think this thread is the best way to discuss whether Adam should participate or not. It would be better to first discuss what the blog should have, at least in broad strokes (I think giving freedom to the administrators is a good thing, rules should only orient their decisions), then wait to see who would be willing to help with this, and then find a way to decide who the administrator/s would be.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: drsteelhammer
  • Respect: +1470
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2017, 09:32:12 pm »
+2

I think articles that get to the blog should be first posted on the forums and edited after feedback from the community, especially if they don't come from the very top (like Adam or Dan, don't know if anyone else that good is writing articles right now).

That said, a "harsh" editor might be exactly what is needed to stop supbar information to get on the front page. As an implicated mudslinger, I would have no problem with Adam being part of the team running the blog, provided they would listen to feedback to the drafts posted here.
Join the Dominion League!

There is no bad shuffle that can not be surmounted by scorn.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1757
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2017, 09:37:49 pm »

Articles should be posted to any other places that contain people interested in giving feedback as well.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2017, 09:42:16 pm »
+2

As for the "drama" and the "team player" concerns that people have been saying. Well I'm not going to directly address them other than that I want to say that the narrative that I'm this jerk who wants to rule with an iron fist or just have a platform to complain from is simply not true. It's been a long time since all of that and I've had multiple opportunities to just not come back, but instead I've been creating content. I don't have the time to waste on trolling people who are tired of me; the fact that I'm here and willing to put in my own time and money into the DS blog after a couple of years away from the community isn't consistent with the whole "Adam is a jerk" thing that seems to be going around. In fact I haven't seen any reasons at all against me being part of this that don't boil down to "Adam is a jerk."

I think I'm the only one calling you a jerk in this thread, Adam. It's OK to call me out specifically. You're a jerk. Or at least you were, and well you've been gone a couple years, so I haven't been able to see any evidence to the contrary. I mean "those who live in glass houses" and all that; I'm not saying I've been perfect. I've posted things I regret. But man.

So yeah, the reason I'm fighting you on this now is that I think you've shown a pretty clear pattern of egocentric behavior and an almost complete lack of empathy. And as far as I know, you have no regrets about all this. Feel free to correct me there.

Seriously, do you people not know how to read? This is unbelievable. You should both be ashamed of yourselves. Christ.

I'm so unbelievably angry and disappointed at you both right now. Get over yourselves and actually try and help. Go to that thread. Was I not clear? I thought you people responded to big fonts.

And everyone who upvoted your posts. What in the actual ____ is wrong with you people? I literally can't believe this.

I feel like I'm thinking clearly now and now I'm just filled with contempt for pretty much every person on this forum, which I know is not rational. I'm at a place emotionally where I haven't been in a very long time, and I hoped I'd never go back to, and it was because of people on the internet who I've never met.

I'd really like to continue to support Dominion videos, live streams, and competitive play (both online and IRL) through posting more on these forums, so I'm hoping a mature discussion can take place over there that will allow me to not hate every single person here forever. Seems like a pretty low bar so let's hope we don't screw that up.

I honestly didn't (and still don't) understand why people can't just say nothing when they disagree with me

This kind of thing is why I don't want you in charge of anything that gives you any power over anybody else. Ever. Even power over whether their content gets published on a blog for a board game.

I'm sorry for dredging this stuff up, but man I feel like it's got to be done. AdamH is not the guy I want in charge of the internet's foremost Dominion site.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2017, 10:00:27 pm »
+13

Let's clarify a few things that I'm thinking so that we can steer the conversation in a more productive fashion than finding 2-year-old posts.

First, I don't think any changes should be made to the forum.  Happily we all get along mostly fine now and so the report burden is low on me.

Second, the way Wordpress works is that multiple people can be added to a blog and each can write and submit their own articles to the front page.  You can give certain people authorization to approve or reject others' articles.  You can give certain people authorization to change the blog layout and delete posts. 

I would like to pass responsibility to a team, but I believe strongly that sharing responsibility usually leads to nothing getting done.  So I would like to find one person to administer the blog - that is, handle the blog layout, be the ultimate voice on various things, be the face of the blog - and have the team doing the writing and contributing on their own articles.  Having clearly-defined responsibilities reduces the "somebody else will do it" problem.

So maybe that makes things more clear.  As far as I understand it AdamH would rather be writing stuff than administering stuff anyway, and that eliminates the need to be dredging up drama.

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2017, 10:16:09 pm »
+2

When ShuffleIT got the Dominion contract Wandering Winder decided to retire from Dominion due to his previous drama with Stef concerning the Dominion League.

This is not why WW retired from Dominion. I talked at length with him about it at the time, it was a really frustrating conversation and at the end of it I didn't fully understand what his reasons were, but during that conversation the League never came up. I'm not going to speak for him, but I know this isn't what it was.

Afterwards, he told me that it was OK with him if I continued the podcast with someone else. I asked several people I thought I'd have good chemistry with, but as expected none of them felt they could speak authoritatively enough about Dominion to be comfortable doing a podcast on it AND could feasibly dedicate the time towards it given a time zone difference. So the podcast hasn't happened since.

Recently (as in less than a week ago), WW and I discussed reviving the podcast. It would mostly be about non-Dominion things if that happened.

LF, your post contains a reason why I should not be put in charge of the forums. I agree with you, I should not be put in charge of the forums. I am really really not OK with that. You don't have to worry about that happening, I promise.

Your post does not contain reasons why I should never be put in charge of anything at all for the rest of my life. It does not show a pattern of egocentric behavior and it does not show a lack of empathy. It shows things I said a long time ago that I worded too harshly. You said it yourself, you haven't even looked around for any evidence that I've done anything else with my life besides sit in my room and think about how to destroy F.DS and all the people who wronged me.

Well it's out there, man. I hosted 7 successful IRL tournaments, helped host another in Detroit, hosted a tournament on reddit. Not a single person had an issue with me in any of that stuff. I've continued making videos, I participated in a podcast, wrote some articles, made a video tutorial series, won a few IRL tournaments. I run and moderate Cincinnati Area Boardgamers, a local group with a few hundred members where I'm one of a few people responsible for getting people to show up and come back through my charming personality. I made new friends by playing Dominion with them.

There is no shortage of people who will still not let that and other stuff go, but I'm not one of them. It's because I'm willing to put aside my personal differences with members of this community to do something that helps both me and them. Are you?

As for what I want, I want to be part of the team of people supporting the person who runs the blog. I don't need to be holding the keys, but I want to be part of the group of people who can actually determine the direction of the blog. Providing direction on what types of articles are best to be written, when, and with what frequency. I don't know what that looks like, but it's more than just the opportunity to write articles that might get published if some committee decides they're good enough. I want to be on that committee. I have a lot to add and I think it would be a mistake not to put me on it.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2017, 10:40:07 pm »
+2

I want to be on that committee. I have a lot to add and I think it would be a mistake not to put me on it.

See, I think this is why some people are having the reactions they're having.  Your posts today have been defensive and demanding.  That's not a good look on anyone, but particularly not on someone who hasn't been a part of a community (specifically, f.ds) for a couple years now.  It's clear you're very knowledgeable about Dominion and have a lot of passion for the game, but you could really stand to be a bit more modest/humble.  Because from where I'm standing, having not really paid attention to what you've been doing in the meantime apart from your reddit posts (someone mentioned a blog?) it kind of seems like you're more in it for your own benefit than for the community.

Particular this statement stood out to me:

What I want is a more appropriate platform than my personal blog and reddit for publishing Dominion content where people can see it, since neither of those platforms are very good. The dominionstrategy blog is probably the best thing out there, provided it would be properly maintained

It really seems like you're more interested in the prestige associated with the DominionStrategy brand as a way to promote your own content, than in keeping the community active.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2017, 10:49:18 pm »
+16

I would suggest not to autopsy Adam's posts, or you will read what you want to read. I would also suggest stopping the discussion about Adam completely. Let's not drown the momentum of such a nice initiative over " he said, she said".
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

trivialknot

• Jester
  • Respect: +1171
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2017, 11:30:40 pm »
+7

I would like to pass responsibility to a team, but I believe strongly that sharing responsibility usually leads to nothing getting done.  So I would like to find one person to administer the blog - that is, handle the blog layout, be the ultimate voice on various things, be the face of the blog - and have the team doing the writing and contributing on their own articles.  Having clearly-defined responsibilities reduces the "somebody else will do it" problem.
I mentioned that I have 10 years of blogging experience, I should also mention I have 5 years experience running a group blog which has about 5-10 bloggers.  So I have Opinions about this.

I agree that diffusion of responsibility is an issue.  And it is useful to have a single person be a leader, someone who has the final say in decisions.  However, the leader doesn't need to do all that work.  The other people on the team can do more than just write articles.  Someone besides the leader can handle blog layout, someone else can be the "public face" and so on. 

Some of the responsibilities I anticipate for the blog:
-leadership (ie making administrative decisions, managing the team)
-layout
-writing articles
-handling regular features, such as a link roundup or kingdom of the month
-acquiring, vetting, and editing guest contributions
-publicity
-moderating comments
-handling e-mail correspondence

I am in favor of Adam being on the team because I think he would be good at acquiring guest contributions from places outside of f.ds, and that's something he couldn't do very well without being on the team.  Maybe he isn't a great choice for leader.  Whatever.

Actually, whoever ends up leading the blog, I'm happy to chat, and send you a copy of my blog's constitution.  It could give you ideas on possible ways to run a group blog.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
  • Respect: +204
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2017, 01:02:56 am »
+3

So it sounds like nobody is against a reinvigorated blog. If they are, speak now or forever hold your peace. OK, now that that's out of the way:

I'm not too worried about the blog admins finding a team of writers. There are high-quality players here like Dan and Breppert who can write fantastic stuff, but I think there are A LOT of people who are more than capable of writing good quality advice. I doubt Seprix would make a cut of the top 5 writers chosen, but his Lurker article was great. I have even more doubts that people would want schadd in charge (I'm down!), but I loved his Witch article. Point is: the blog has years of content and strategy it needs to catch up on, and since Seprix and schadd are the only ones I can think of who have written anything worthwhile for a while in the last few months, the more the merrier to keep articles and content going.

Also, let's get away from the politics from the whole shebang, this stuff doesn't need to be public. But if we can truly retain the so-called Golden Age (it was before my time, it sounds pretty good though), I suspect there will need to be a serious committee (I don't know anything about blogs, but I'll trust trivialknot on this one). If it's half-assed, it will probably fall apart and not give us anything too productive. For who should be on this team: it sounds like Wero is fine with taking the initiative to start it up, but again, I feel like more people are needed to keep from it becoming stale like the wiki (and when I say 'more', I mean non-writers, we have plenty of those). I don't think Adam should be a shoe-in for this committee, I don't think Wero and LF are right to try to keep him off at all costs, and above all else, I don't think I, or anyone else in the forum not involved with the blog, should be the one deciding if Adam or whoever gets to be part of the editing/formatting/managing team. My 2 cents are: Wero or BA or theory or whoever should start up something accepting applications/self-nominations to help out with the blog (like, soon), an initial blog admin team of 5ish people is formed, and they go from there scheduling and appointing/asking writers to participate. But I don't care about the drama, nor do I need to see Titandrake's beautiful thread derailed by it. We don't need to have public elections, you can keep that stuff private.

Again, I just have concerns that if there's not a more-than-2-person-team, there won't be enough rigidity to keep the blog lasting, but I also would be reassured to know that the team is functional and there's no infighting. I want to see what the Golden Age is like, do it for the children!
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2017, 01:07:50 am »
+2

My 2 cents are: Wero or BA or theory or whoever should start up something accepting applications/self-nominations to help out with the blog (like, soon), an initial blog admin team of 5ish people is formed, and they go from there scheduling and appointing/asking writers to participate.

I second this. Whoever the lead is (I think it should be Beyond Awesome and he has my vote whatever that is worth) could start with applications.

I think it's also important to start small, and go from there. There's no reason to go big yet. Schedules change, people drop out. Titandrake mentioned this first, but I think it's a legitimate concern in that expectations might be dashed if it's too big too soon.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 01:11:22 am by Seprix »
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2017, 01:16:37 am »
+2

Things I would want behind a blog:

- Someone to "keep the lights running", who can ask other people for help, but takes responsibility for doing all the admin stuff that keeps things from falling apart. Should probably be a single person.
- Content on a schedule, or updates that are frequent enough to make a schedule not matter. This isn't a requirement but in my experience having a regular update schedule does wonders for engagement.

That's pretty much all I care about?

I think it would be nice if the person running the blog is able to write things, because it makes it a lot easier to keep a schedule going, but it's not a requirement.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2017, 01:53:04 am »
+6

I will say this,  I do have a long-term vision for the blog, and I would still like to work with Wero. It seems Theory though is pointing more towards having one person oversee everything. My vision involves trying to get as much of the community involved as possible. I would really like to see various voices contribute to the Dominion blog. Ideally, there would be at least one article a week focused more on strategy for players getting into Dominion. I was thinking having this one go up every Monday to start the week off. Then, on Wednesdays, we would have articles geared towards higher skilled players. i.e. the majority of us on these boards. Then, on Friday, we would cap it off with a Podcast. I imagine rotating guests, but also keeping some regulars on board for the podcast. One idea I had was doing a podcast with Donald X. if he was down with it.

Also, important announcements would be put up on the blog such as when a new expansion came out and also those counterfeit cards being sold on Amazon. I think that's a pretty big deal. Naturally, when Nocturne previews week came out, the preview cards would be posted on the blog like they used to be. And, of course, tournament announcements would be put up, both irl and online. I think doing interviews of top players would be pretty neat like theory used to do for the f.ds championships.

In addition, I would like to highlight LF's fan cards and Asper's cards. I would love for them to talk about fan card creation and maybe write an article or two on it. I would like to highlight the creativity within the community.

Now, I understand this is quite a lot. So, it probably is best to go slow at first. Maybe have one new strategy article per week and alternate between beginner strategy and expert level strategy articles. I still like the podcast idea though. Also, there is a lot of catching up to do. First, I think something needs to be posted up that Adventures, Empires and the 2nd Editions are out. I'm pretty sure there are people out there that aren't aware expansions past Guilds exist.

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2017, 03:58:18 am »
+1

I think it is important that whoever runs the blog should be an active part of this community. The blog is tied to this forum, and the admins should be tied to it as well. Strategy articles on the blog should draw from the articles section of the forum, and for that to work, blog admins need to read these thread and comment in them and generally be active.

So if Adam is ready and willing to engage in this community once more, to bury past differences and work with others here in a productive manner, I think he would make a good admin. Unfortunately, from what he posted so far, I don't see this happening. And I think having an admin that is alienated from the community will inevitably lead to friction that can easily be avoided by choosing one of many other willing and similarly qualified members of this community.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2017, 05:34:14 am »
+1

I'm not trying to keep Adam away at all costs. I said what I did, and you can read it. I'm perfectly willing to collaborate with him if he wants to participate.

That said, I think BA would be the best fit for leader/admin of the blog. I would love to help out in any capacity I can, but I think he should be the one in charge.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2017, 06:25:35 am »
+2

That said, I think BA would be the best fit for leader/admin of the blog. I would love to help out in any capacity I can, but I think he should be the one in charge.

Well, if he was the admin, that would be beyond awesome.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.