Dominion > Rules Questions

Possession+Ball

(1/2) > >>

werothegreat:
Okay, just to check I have this right (starting a new topic because the old one is locked):

-If I Possess someone and make them take their - token (usually by making them buy Ball), I get the token instead.  Say if they're green and I'm yellow, I take their green token.  This much I understand.
-Following on that, if I buy Ball the turn I play Possession, that should mean that after Possessing the green player and making them buy Ball, I should have two - tokens - my yellow one, and their green one.  This seems pretty obvious.
-Then when green takes their unPossessed turn, they can buy Ball without taking a - token because I currently have theirs, and they couldn't take mine (or anyone else's) even if it were available.
-However, here we come to a tricky bit: let's say I (yellow) play a single Copper on my next turn, producing , triggering the - tokens.  Do they activate one at a time?  Do I choose which one?  My guess would be they both trigger, and you end up losing , but there is no stipulation on the token saying you can't go below , so does that leave you with - to spend?  What would that even mean?
-Let's say I've managed to lose the green token.  Now green player buys their own Ball.  Do they take that green - token again?  Or have my Possession shenanigans prevented them from ever having to take it again this game?

Donald X.:

--- Quote from: werothegreat on September 03, 2017, 11:26:59 pm ----Then when green takes their unPossessed turn, they can buy Ball without taking a - token because I currently have theirs, and they couldn't take mine (or anyone else's) even if it were available.
--- End quote ---
If Green buys Ball, they take their token from Yellow.

--- Quote from: werothegreat on September 03, 2017, 11:26:59 pm ----However, here we come to a tricky bit: let's say I (yellow) play a single Copper on my next turn, producing , triggering the - tokens.  Do they activate one at a time?  Do I choose which one?  My guess would be they both trigger, and you end up losing , but there is no stipulation on the token saying you can't go below , so does that leave you with - to spend?  What would that even mean?
--- End quote ---
If Yellow plays a Copper or Silver, Yellow goes down to $0 and returns both tokens. If Yellow plays a Gold, Yellow goes down to $1 and returns both tokens, etc.

It should be no surprise that if a rule for "what if you go below $0" were ever needed, the answer would be, you stop at $0.

--- Quote from: werothegreat on September 03, 2017, 11:26:59 pm ----Let's say I've managed to lose the green token.  Now green player buys their own Ball.  Do they take that green - token again?  Or have my Possession shenanigans prevented them from ever having to take it again this game?
--- End quote ---
Green can still take their token.

GendoIkari:

--- Quote from: werothegreat on September 03, 2017, 11:26:59 pm ----Then when green takes their unPossessed turn, they can buy Ball without taking a - token because I currently have theirs, and they couldn't take mine (or anyone else's) even if it were available.

--- End quote ---

Wait, is this part correct? I'm not seeing why. Ball says "Take your - token". What rules prevent you from taking your token in the case that someone else currently has your token?

*Edit* If I read it right, Donald says in the other thread that you can indeed take a token from someone else who already has it.

werothegreat:
Okay. Will update the wiki accordingly.

dereeder:
Tokens don't lose track?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version