Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: On Lurker  (Read 8657 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
On Lurker
« on: September 03, 2017, 10:59:40 am »
+11

Introduction

Lurker is a combo card, and the thing about them is that they tend to depend on the other nine kingdom cards. It is interesting to note that while Lurker does have many amazing combos with nearly all of Dark Ages, by itself the card is usually underwhelming. The primary problem with Lurker is not the ability, which is a fantastic one, but rather the actual card in your deck. The other nine Kingdom cards may or may not offset this disadvantage. Before anything else, let's talk about a common mistake with Lurker: the opening.

Oftentimes, players from across the experience spectrum open with a Lurker, and more often than not it is the wrong play. Here is a likely familiar example to those who have played a couple of Lurker games.

A Common Hypothetical

Turn 1: Player 1 buys X

Turn 1: Player 2 buys X
T2: P1 buys Lurker
T2: …

It is Player 2 to move. Does Player 2 buy Lurker or not?

Usually Player 2 feels obligated to pick one up, just to deny Player 1 from getting his hands on a potential free card. From there, the game devolves into a Lurker game of chicken, where neither player plays the Lurker. Both players feel like they have to justify the Lurker buy, so they pick up other Lurkers. It is understandable that someone would want two Lurkers early on in the game. Two Lurkers go together as well as peanut butter and jelly. But it is also potentially the wrong play. Usually, there is something better to do on the board.

There is a better solution out there that people don’t contemplate when playing in this scenario, and that is to delay the Lurker buy. Instead of Lurker on Turn 2, buy a better card. Player 2 can gain the Lurker on the second shuffle, and Player 1 still has to keep in mind the Lurker game of chicken. He may go for it, in which case perhaps he gets a second Lurker to increase his chances of landing it upon the next shuffle. This may or may not work, and Player 2’s deck should be slightly the better for it either way. Player 1’s deck will still have at least one glorified Ruined Village inside no matter what the outcome.

The Main Point

If you are not going to use the Lurker you gained, there had best be a good reason. Think about delaying the Lurker buy. Lurkers in hand make it harder to hit price points early game, and there’s no incentive to play a single Lurker if you do not benefit. A good maxim to remember: Decks that use Lurker are good, but decks that have Lurkers are bad. Picking up a Lurker without a serious plan can be serious trouble. With that being said...

Opening or Pursuing Lurkers Early

There are many times where getting Lurkers early or even opening them is a strong play. Knowing these scenarios will elevate your play. Here are some of the power cards to look for.

Donate/Chapel/Bonfire:
The main issue with Lurker early on is connecting two of them. What better way to connect them than to trash down your deck? Donate enables a potential double Lurker opening right out of the gate, and cards like Bonfire and Chapel are some of the fastest trashers in the game. This list is not exhaustive, and other fast trashers like Remake may also be enablers.

King's Court: Lurker with King's Court. Is there really anything else to say?

Hunting Grounds: Any time you see Hunting Grounds with Lurker on the same board, sound the alarm bells. This is a very potent rush. Uncontested, the rush ends the game on a three pile in 11-12 turns with approximately 33 points. Nothing to sneeze at! Open double Lurker, trash Hunting Grounds for a Duchy (or Estates if Duchy pile is empty) and always buy Lurker. When the Duchy and Hunting Grounds pile is out, simply trash with Lurker every time to empty the Lurker pile.

Possession: Possession alone demands a double Lurker opening. Games with Possession and Lurker are bizarre and oppressive. The best general advice is never buy economy, look to buy points right out of the gate and drive piles with Lurker as fast as you can with the points lead.

Cultist/Fortress/Squire: Cultist and Lurker is usually quite bonkers. There are games that end in 7 turns when both of those cards are on the same board! Trashing Fortress into hand builds your deck while also making your Lurker a cantrip for a play, not to mention the massive engine potential. With Squire hitting the trash can comes a free attack card. Just be careful with gaining the Squire back! Both Lurker and Squire do not draw cards.

Tomb: Tomb is a mega Lurker enabler. Each trash by Lurker is a point into your pocket. Trash useless cards when your Lurkers don't connect! Consider aggressive pileouts!

Other Lurker Strengths

Lurker works well with sifters and cyclers, especially top tier ones in Forum and Dungeon. Secret Passage can help connect two Lurkers for maximum benefit. Minion can help enable Lurker gains. Artificer can topdeck a Lurker to connect two on the next turn for a low fee of -2 Cards.

A quick trick for virtually unbounded draw: play Procession on a Hireling, and Lurker the Hireling back. Not only do you get +2 Cards for the rest of the game, but the Procession doesn't even get set aside, letting you perform the same action again next turn!

Trash for benefit loves Lurker. The big stand outs (besides all of them) are Apprentice and Knights. With Apprentice, trash a high cost card to connect Lurkers and then go to town. With Knights, the battles will never end. Lurkers will never die. Other cool tricks: Bishop a Nobles and get it back. Butcher a Nobles and get it back. Process a Nobles and get it back. Graverob a Nobles and get it back. Replace a Nobles and get it back. You get the idea. On the other hand, Lurker can defend against Rogue by trashing multiple Harvests or other terrible cards.

Speaking of trashing terrible cards, sometimes your opponent will take those Pirate Ships if you're feeling generous with superfluous Lurker trashing. Just make sure that your silly pile driving won't give your opponent a potential win in the future! There has already been documentation of a throwaway Lurkered Transmute winning a game later on when regained.

Speaking of Potion cards, Lurker also loves those, if not for potentially skipping a Potion buy. Besides Possession, Scrying Pool worships Lurker. The more Lurkers there are the better. Scrying Pool can draw them all up and Lurker can increasingly gain more actions to draw. Golem likes Lurker as well, albeit perhaps not when the Golem hits two Lurkers.

As the game progresses, Lurker can become less of a gainer and more of a threat for a three pile ending. Always be aware of potential three piles and how many cards your opponent can drain. In particular, Throned or Kinged Lurkers can make games end incredibly quickly, and King’s Court is one of the potential triggers for aggressive early Lurker openings!

Game Examples

Of course, talking about hypotheticals is fine, but what about actual games? Here are four different boards. Your goal is to analyze the board and assess the use of Lurker (if any).

Example 1:

Playing against multiple Torturers a turn will be a slight nuisance despite Masquerade and Lurker doesn’t seem to be doing that many special things here. There’s nothing to invest in. There are cute tricks with trashing Mining Village and Lurker but Conspirator already provides the money. The game looks primed to end on a three pile with Vineyards being prime VP. Lurker seems to be best here as a cheap action and to threaten piles towards the end of the game.

Example 2:

This game looks to go on much longer. This is a prime Lurker game. There is an amazing sifter in Forum and good cards to gain in Scrying Pool/Baker/Mill. The engine will be double Province a turn in the ideal world and Mills will help provide points and economy. Lurkers will add cards to make Scrying Pool even better. The game will possibly end on some sort of three pile before the engine can be fully realized, mostly due to Lurker.

Example 3:

This is a highly complex board with three different strategies, listed in order of effectiveness:
1. Nobles/Council Room/Lurker/Bishop Engine
2. Lurker/Talisman/Vineyard rush
3. Council Room/Platinum BM
This isn't exactly a board where it is immediately obvious what to do, and that's okay. The rush seems like the most intuitive thing to do on this board, and it's nearly the best thing. Bishoping Nobles and getting them back via Lurkers seems like a good way to score infinite points.

Example 4:

Enchantress is easily the most important card here, as it is the only draw, and a good Courtier target as a fancy bonus. Certainly this is not a board where you will get a Lurker on a buy, but rather a wonky turn where you can only get one from trashing an Estate and Coppers with Forge. Lurkers are not terribly important here, although they are nice to get a University which gets Enchantresses and a Courtier. While Forges and Expands are high cost cards and that is a prerequisite for Lurker investing, Baron/Silver or Baron/Enchantress are fine openings to potentially spike $7 already. The draw/sifting is also subpar, although Wandering Minstrel might help to connect two Lurkers. The endgame here seems to be Expanding/Forging things into Colonies.

Conclusion

Lurker is an incredibly high skill card, and thus correct or incorrect useage will impact your chances more than usual. A suggestion: Play with each of the Lurker combos listed for awhile. Then, queue up random games with Lurker in it, and try to implement it into your strategy every time. Every time it fails, assess why it did. Was the build order wrong? Was the Lurker gained too early, or perhaps too late? The best way to get good with cards is to practice using them, and Lurker is well worth investing in.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 12:27:52 am by Seprix »
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
Re: On Lurker
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 03:09:34 pm »
+7

I would like to play example 3 with you...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 03:11:03 pm by Limetime »

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 04:04:15 pm »
+4

Yeah. I calculate a 100% chance Council Room Big Money is NOT the optimal strategy, and that Lurker and Vineyards will both at some point have a part to play in the winning deck.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 04:06:15 pm »
+1

I calculate a 100% chance Council Room Big Money is NOT the optimal strategy, and that Lurker and Vineyards will both at some point have a part to play in the winning deck.

I think 90-93% is a more accurate estimate.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 05:05:09 pm »
+5

I disagree with a lot of this.

There's not really much discussion of the whole Lurker metagame, where you have to buy one when your opponent does. Then if you have one, you might as well buy more, it makes them better. This is how most "rushes" happen - not a firm belief in the goodness of Lirker.

It also totally doesn't cost $2 because it's weak - it's neither weak nor do things cost $2 because of weakness. It very clearly costs $2 to make it buyable basically whenever / on any opening or hand. If lurker was a price point you could plausibly miss it would get far swingier.

I also think a lot of your example games understate the value of Lurker on those boards, and generally understates the value of "having Lurker in your deck" as a threat to prevent opponents having cost free gaining.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 05:39:59 pm »

Yeah. I calculate a 100% chance Council Room Big Money is NOT the optimal strategy, and that Lurker and Vineyards will both at some point have a part to play in the winning deck.

Prepare to be shocked. Fite me on Discord M8
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Limetime

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 06:03:47 pm »
+4

Looks like you have some re-writing to do.
Code: [Select]
Game #6545940, unrated.
S starts with 7 Coppers and 3 Estates.
S shuffles their deck.
S draws 5 cards.
L starts with 7 Coppers and 3 Estates.
L shuffles their deck.
L draws 4 Coppers and an Estate.

Turn 1 - Seprix
S plays 3 Coppers.
S buys and gains a Silver.
S draws 5 cards.

Turn 1 - LimeTime
L plays 4 Coppers.
L buys and gains a Talisman.
L draws 3 Coppers and 2 Estates.

Turn 2 - Seprix
S plays 3 Coppers.
S buys and gains a Silver.
S shuffles their deck.
S draws 5 cards.

Turn 2 - LimeTime
L plays 2 Coppers.
L buys and gains a Pawn.
L shuffles their deck.
L draws 4 Coppers and an Estate.

Turn 3 - Seprix
S plays a Silver and 3 Coppers.
S buys and gains a Council Room.
S draws 5 cards.

Turn 3 - LimeTime
L plays 4 Coppers.
L buys and gains a Talisman.
L draws 2 Coppers, an Estate, a Pawn and a Talisman.

Turn 4 - Seprix
S buys and gains a Council Room.
S shuffles their deck.
S draws 5 cards.

Turn 4 - LimeTime
L plays a Pawn.
L draws an Estate.
L plays a Talisman and 2 Coppers.
L buys a Talisman.
L gains a Talisman.
L gains a Talisman.
L shuffles their deck.
L draws 3 Coppers and 2 Talismans.

Turn 5 - Seprix
S plays a Silver and 2 Coppers.
S buys a Pilgrimage.
S flips Journey token face down.
S draws 5 cards.

Turn 5 - LimeTime
L plays 2 Talismans and 3 Coppers.
L buys a Talisman.
L gains 2 Talismans.
L gains a Talisman.
L draws a Copper, 2 Estates and 2 Talismans.

Turn 6 - Seprix
S plays a Council Room.
S draws 4 cards.
L draws a Pawn.
S plays a Silver and 4 Coppers.
S buys and gains a Gold.
S shuffles their deck.
S draws 5 cards.

Turn 6 - LimeTime
L plays a Pawn.
L plays 2 Talismans and a Copper.
L buys a Pawn.
L gains 2 Pawns.
L gains a Pawn.
L buys a Pawn.
L gains 2 Pawns.
L gains a Pawn.
L shuffles their deck.
L draws 3 Coppers, an Estate and a Talisman.

Turn 7 - Seprix
S buys a Masterpiece.
S gains 2 Silvers.
S gains a Masterpiece.
S draws 5 cards.

Turn 7 - LimeTime
L plays a Talisman and 3 Coppers.
L buys a Potion.
L gains a Potion.
L gains a Potion.
L draws an Estate, 2 Pawns and 2 Talismans.

Turn 8 - Seprix
S plays a Council Room.
S draws 4 cards.
L draws an Estate.
S plays a Silver, a Gold and 4 Coppers.
S buys and gains a Platinum.
S shuffles their deck.
S draws 5 cards.

Turn 8 - LimeTime
L plays a Pawn.
L draws a Pawn.
L plays a Pawn.
L draws a Talisman.
L plays a Pawn.
L plays 3 Talismans.
L buys a Pawn.
L gains 3 Pawns.
L buys a Lurker.
L gains 3 Lurkers.
L gains a Lurker.
L draws a Copper, 3 Pawns and a Talisman.

Turn 9 - Seprix
S plays a Council Room.
S draws 4 cards.
L draws a Copper.
S plays a Platinum, a Masterpiece, 2 Silvers and 4 Coppers.
S buys and gains a Silver and a Colony.
S draws 5 cards.

Turn 9 - LimeTime
L plays a Pawn.
L draws a Copper.
L plays a Pawn.
L draws a Copper.
L plays a Pawn.
L plays a Talisman and 4 Coppers.
L buys a Potion.
L gains a Potion.
L gains a Potion.
L buys a Lurker.
L gains a Lurker.
L gains a Lurker.
L shuffles their deck.
L draws 3 Pawns and 2 Talismans.

Turn 10 - Seprix
S plays a Council Room.
S draws 4 cards.
L draws a Potion.
S plays 2 Silvers, a Gold and 3 Coppers.
S buys and gains a Province.
S shuffles their deck.
S draws 5 cards.

Turn 10 - LimeTime
L plays a Pawn.
L draws a Pawn.
L plays a Pawn.
L draws a Potion.
L plays a Pawn.
L draws a Lurker.
L plays a Lurker.
L trashes a Death Cart.
L plays a Pawn.
L plays 2 Potions.
L buys and gains 2 Vineyards.
L draws a Copper, a Lurker, 2 Pawns and a Potion.

Turn 11 - Seprix
S plays 2 Coppers.
S buys and gains an Estate.
S draws 5 cards.

Turn 11 - LimeTime
L plays a Pawn.
L draws a Copper.
L plays a Lurker.
L gains a Death Cart.
L gains a Ruined Market and a Ruined Village.
L plays a Pawn.
L draws an Estate.
L plays a Potion and 2 Coppers.
L buys and gains a Vineyard.
L draws an Estate, a Lurker, 2 Pawns and a Potion.

Turn 12 - Seprix
S plays a Masterpiece, a Silver and 2 Coppers.
S buys and gains a Duchy.
S draws 5 cards.

Turn 12 - LimeTime
L plays a Pawn.
L draws a Lurker.
L plays a Lurker.
L trashes a Death Cart.
L plays a Lurker.
L gains a Death Cart.
L gains a Ruined Market and a Survivors.
L plays a Pawn.
L draws a Talisman.
L plays a Potion and a Talisman.
L buys and gains a Vineyard.
L buys a Ruined Market.
L gains a Ruined Market.
L draws 2 Coppers, a Pawn and 2 Talismans.

Turn 13 - Seprix
S plays a Council Room.
S draws 4 cards.
L draws a Copper.
S plays a Platinum, a Silver, a Gold and 3 Coppers.
S buys and gains an Estate and a Colony.
S shuffles their deck.
S draws 5 cards.

Turn 13 - LimeTime
L plays a Pawn.
L plays 2 Talismans and 3 Coppers.
L buys a Death Cart.
L gains a Death Cart.
L gains an Abandoned Mine and a Ruined Library.
L gains a Death Cart.
L gains a Ruined Library and a Survivors.
L gains a Death Cart.
L gains a Ruined Village.
L buys a Lurker.
L gains 2 Lurkers.
L gains a Lurker.
L draws 2 Coppers, 2 Lurkers and a Talisman.

Turn 14 - Seprix
S plays 2 Silvers and a Copper.
S buys and gains a Duchy.
S draws 5 cards.

Turn 14 - LimeTime
L plays a Lurker.
L trashes a Lurker.
L plays a Lurker.
L gains a Lurker.
L plays a Talisman and 2 Coppers.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2017, 06:13:23 pm »

It seems I have been shocked. I played this one out with Tracer and we came to the CR BM conclusion. Anyways, I play BM badly, so we'll have to see Tracer lose to it first, which I think he will. I've already changed it, I'm convinced the Talisman slog is better.

Holger

• Minion
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2017, 06:16:01 pm »
+1

An engine seems hardly feasible here with Nobles as the only village. I think I'd go for a Nobles/Bishop/Lurker golden deck here, which gives 4 VP per turn indefinitely.

Limetime

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2017, 06:18:47 pm »
+2

An engine seems hardly feasible here with Nobles as the only village. I think I'd go for a Nobles/Bishop/Lurker golden deck here, which gives 4 VP per turn indefinitely.
You can watch the engine deck live right now

O

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2017, 06:19:04 pm »
+1

Nobles is a perfectly fine village though, especially when you aren't always paying 6 for it.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2017, 06:23:10 pm »
+1

The engine is going to obliterate the competition here. It will get points from Colonies, Nobles, Vineyards, AND Bishop.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

dedicateddan

• 2017 Dominion Online Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: dan brooks
  • Respect: +1058
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2017, 09:17:58 pm »
+3

There are three strategies on board #3:
  1. Talisman/Vineyards rush
  2. Council Room + Platinum BM
  3. Nobles engine

Having played a half dozen games on the board, the strategies seem fairly close, although I would favor playing the Nobles engine as it has greater endgame control.

The draw (Nobles/Nobles or Nobles/Council Room) is quite expensive, so the payload has to squeeze into relatively few slots (i.e. Platinum and Bishop to thin).

On 4/3, the Nobles deck opens Bishop/Silver into a second Bishop, a Gold and perhaps a second Silver before getting the Nobles/Council Room draw online.

From there, you can add Platinum adapt to what your opponent is doing and pick up points from Bishop, Nobles, Vineyards, and Colonies.

Lurker is on the mediocre side here since the payload space is so limited. Later on, Lurker can be useful for mid-turn gaining of Nobles that are trashed to bishop.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2017, 10:11:42 pm »
+1

When is it, if ever worth opening double Lurker

Chris is me

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2017, 10:27:52 pm »
+1

Possession. The possession player should add zero economy whatsoever.

bug me on discord

they/them

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2017, 01:31:36 am »
+5

The article should really mention TfB. Trashing actions for good effect, then regaining them makes Lurker 100% more efficient.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

dedicateddan

• 2017 Dominion Online Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: dan brooks
  • Respect: +1058
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2017, 12:44:48 pm »
+1

When Lurker gaining is the strongest thing on the board. Possession, Fortress, Cultist, Catacombs, KC?, Prince?

kieranmillar

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: kieranmillar
  • Respect: +352
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2017, 01:29:28 pm »
+2

You would definitely open double lurker if hunting grounds is on the board. In fact you'd probably buy it every single turn until they run out.

Chris is me

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2017, 01:44:00 pm »
+2

You would definitely open double lurker if hunting grounds is on the board. In fact you'd probably buy it every single turn until they run out.

A short summary of all of these known combos should probably also be in this article.

Another section on deciding between Lurker and Potion.

bug me on discord

they/them

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2017, 07:40:46 pm »
+1

What do you do? Trash HG until piles run out?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2017, 07:49:55 pm »
+1

What do you do? Trash HG until piles run out?

You gain Lurkers with Lurkers whenever you can, but otherwise that's exactly it.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2017, 02:33:07 am »
+2

A massive update to the Lurker article, and more is on the way. You will find additions of more good scenarios with Lurker, slightly downplaying the mediocrity of Lurker and replacing it with cautious optimism, and a definitive list of when to consider going for a Lurker opening.

Coming up next: More game examples.

aku_chi

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: aku chi
  • Respect: +1435
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2017, 08:57:21 am »
+1

Great update!  I think you should call out Apprentice specifically in the trash-for-benefit section.  As a non-terminal that helps you find the Lurkers in your deck, Apprentice has unique synergy over the payload trash-for-benefit cards mentioned.  The other card that might be worth mentioning is Knights.  As with Rogue and Graverobber, being able to gain Knights back from the trash radically changes any game where Knights are a good card.  Lurker is even more important than Rogue and Graverobber, because it's immune to the Knights attack and has such a low opportunity cost to buy and play.

trivialknot

• Jester
  • Respect: +1171
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2017, 10:39:36 am »
+2

A quick trick for virtually unbounded draw: play Procession on a Hireling, and Lurker the Hireling back. Not only do you get +2 Cards for the rest of the game, but the Procession doesn't even get set aside, letting you perform the same action again next turn!

Procession stays in play.  See wiki:
When you use a Throne Room variant on a Duration, it stays in play, even if multiplying the Duration's effect is not meaningful, such as Throning a Tactician, or Throning an Archive with 3 or fewer cards remaining in your deck. With Procession specifically, Procession remains out even though the Duration has been trashed, and remains in play until the Duration would have been discarded (if at all).

This seems to directly contradict the Hireling article, but I think the Hireling article is just wrong.

In any case, this is one of those three card combos that I think you don't really need to talk about in a lurker article.

tripwire

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +211
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2017, 11:43:15 am »
+3

Procession stays in play.  See wiki:
When you use a Throne Room variant on a Duration, it stays in play, even if multiplying the Duration's effect is not meaningful, such as Throning a Tactician, or Throning an Archive with 3 or fewer cards remaining in your deck. With Procession specifically, Procession remains out even though the Duration has been trashed, and remains in play until the Duration would have been discarded (if at all).

Check the next line on the procession specific wiki page:

This has since been overruled

;)

« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 11:44:26 am by tripwire »
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 21 queries.