Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Undo Trolling  (Read 1298 times)

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9009
    • View Profile
Re: Undo Trolling
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2017, 08:03:38 pm »
+1

I got the chance to do the opposite sort of thing today.

Defiled Shrine and Border Village on the board.  Opponent buys Border Village and gains Curse, but Shrine is on-buy rather than on-gain.  It took me a couple of moments to figure out what they'd done, then I asked if they wanted to undo.

That said, if your undo request is iffy, try to explain it in chat.  Not that I encounter declines that much.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

kipkoan

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2017, 11:48:23 pm »

You should resign ... b) because it's much more useful for mods to have examples of games to pull up in which someone was clearly being trolled and chose to resign and blacklist.

What do the mods do when someone denies non-info undos requests?  What do they do to abusive players or trolls?  Wondering if they are banned. If so, do they get a refund if they had paid subscription?  My guess is most of them wouldn’t have a paid subscription.  Which reminds me — it’d be nice to have an option to only play with subscribers to help avoid the trolls.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +9945
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2017, 11:59:23 pm »

You should resign ... b) because it's much more useful for mods to have examples of games to pull up in which someone was clearly being trolled and chose to resign and blacklist.

What do the mods do when someone denies non-info undos requests?  What do they do to abusive players or trolls?  Wondering if they are banned. If so, do they get a refund if they had paid subscription?  My guess is most of them wouldn’t have a paid subscription.  Which reminds me — it’d be nice to have an option to only play with subscribers to help avoid the trolls.

In the meantime, a good alternative is to set the minimum rating high enough. I usually get matched against ~52+ and I don't have a lot of problems with annoying people.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The Twitch channel where I stream DominionThe YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's new 2017 album for free

kipkoan

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Today at 12:22:28 am »

I usually get matched against ~52+ and I don't have a lot of problems with annoying people.

I’m barely rated 52.  :-[  #833 on the leaderboard. I need to get better to avoid the trolls. Lol.

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1553
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Today at 07:00:18 am »

If no-info undos were automatically allowed, wouldn't some people just test-run multiple buy-phases instead of doing the maths in advance? I don't think I've ever denied an undo, but that would annoy me.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 21 queries.