Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Farmer's Market + Defiled Shrine  (Read 1539 times)

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
Farmer's Market + Defiled Shrine
« on: August 22, 2017, 06:12:48 am »
+9

This is an interesting pair of cards to dance around. With Defiled Shrine, you can deprive the opponent of the ability to cash the Farmer's Market for points by buying a Farmer's Market when there are four tokens. I played a game just now with these two and Villa, which somewhat eliminated the usual consequences of overbuying Farmer's Market. Strange times!

Cave-o-sapien

• Jester
  • Respect: +1676
    • View Profile
Re: Farmer's Market + Defiled Shrine
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 01:05:52 pm »
+1

This is an interesting pair of cards to dance around. With Defiled Shrine, you can deprive the opponent of the ability to cash the Farmer's Market for points by buying a Farmer's Market when there are four tokens. I played a game just now with these two and Villa, which somewhat eliminated the usual consequences of overbuying Farmer's Market. Strange times!

Took me a minute to figure out what is going on here, but this IS an interesting little tactic.

Omastar68

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: Omastar68
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 03:35:45 pm »

This makes sense, read Defiled Shrine more carefully. Good post!

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 05:25:34 pm »
+1

Farmers' Market, darn it! Auto linking only works if you get the card name right.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.