Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Silly boards you got from randomisers  (Read 1805 times)

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1705
    • View Profile
Silly boards you got from randomisers
« on: August 16, 2017, 02:34:01 am »

This is an opportunity to show off some of the odder board you wind up with when you go full random. The all-Attack boards, the just-needs-one-card boards, the silly-useless-but-fun-combo boards, the Scout-is-actually-good-here boards, you name it.

I wanted to knock off a quick bot game, and here's what the system offered me:
Fishing Village, Philosopher's Stone, Fortress, Plaza, Worker's Village, Rebuild, Royal Seal, Upgrade, Hoard, Forge [Potion, Colony]

To summarise - 4 villages, 3 Kingdom treasures (plus 2 non-standard basic treasures), and 3 trash-for-benefits (of which only one is terminal).

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: drsteelhammer
  • Respect: +1470
    • View Profile
Re: Silly boards you got from randomisers
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 05:36:18 am »
+1

Your board reminds me of something: Rabid and I played a board once where we gained ~17 Villages combined (okay, a few of them were Lost Cities) even though the only terminal we bought were one Spice merchant each which we never played terminally. Forager was the only other action we got, and I think we played it ok
Join the Dominion League!

There is no bad shuffle that can not be surmounted by scorn.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1379
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 07:55:14 am »

Fishing Village, Philosopher's Stone, Fortress, Plaza, Worker's Village, Rebuild, Royal Seal, Upgrade, Hoard, Forge [Potion, Colony]
Heh. Is that at all interesting, or does Turbo Rebuild just crush everything in sight?
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 11:14:16 am »

Heh. Is that at all interesting, or does Turbo Rebuild just crush everything in sight?

How you get to rebuild can be interesting. Haven't looked too carefully, but fortress/upgrade could be very nice in getting duchies/rebuilds. Once you get ahead probably try to pile provinces before your opponent catches you, no need to go all the way to colonies (depending on how the game goes)
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 11:15:51 am »

Like, 5/2 I go upgrade first over rebuild. I would have to play it out against someone to see if it actually works
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 11:41:42 am »

My instinct is to start by getting some combination of Rebuild, Fortress, Upgrade, Gold, Forge, playing it by ear depending on what I draw on my first four or five turns.

I have in mind that Forge can turn Rebuild+Fortress+Fortress, Upgrade+Fortress+Estate or Upgrade+Gold into a Colony, mopping up Copper in the process.

Depending on how closely you're mirrored, the objective would probably be to get an early lead then force a three-pile ending.

Triumph44

• Salvager
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 07:26:45 pm »

Since I'm dumb and hate Rebuild, I think I'd try to go PStone-Worker's Village to Colonies.  Maybe throw a Hoard in there if I got an early 6.  Royal Seal could also be useful, allowing me to topdeck a PStone after buying it, but I doubt I'd have the opportunity to get one - I'd want as many Worker's Villages as possible.

I'd have fun losing with this deck.

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1705
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 07:43:02 pm »

Since I'm dumb and hate Rebuild, I think I'd try to go PStone-Worker's Village to Colonies.  Maybe throw a Hoard in there if I got an early 6.  Royal Seal could also be useful, allowing me to topdeck a PStone after buying it, but I doubt I'd have the opportunity to get one - I'd want as many Worker's Villages as possible.

I'd have fun losing with this deck.
I'm pretty sure that if I'd been playing a real person I would too. I agree that Upgrade/Fortress/Rebuild is possibly the strat, aiming for fast Provinces.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.