Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Heirloom Speculation  (Read 1821 times)

crj

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
Re: Heirloom Speculation
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2017, 12:46:29 pm »

So... what would be a fair price for Counterfeit if "gain a Curse. If you do," was inserted after "When you play this,"?

$0? Give or take?

I think there's scope for heirlooms, whatever they are, however many there are, whether they're all the same or of various kinds, to be cards which pair significant benefits with significant penalties. The further down that route they go, the more they'll shake the game up.

ackmondual

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +86
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2017, 04:06:23 am »
+2

I'm predicting they won't all be treasures. My current guess is 2 action cards of some kind, 1 night card, 4 treasures. At least 4 differently named cards.
Taking a page off Shelters, of which only 1 of them ended up being Victory card to replace the Estates that were (and even then, barely, as the Overgrown Estate is worth 0pts), it's quite conceivable we'll see that here as well with the Coppers.
Village, +2 Actions.  Village, +3 Actions.  Village, +4 Actions.  Village, +5 Actions.  Village, +6 Actions.  Village, +7 Actions.  Workers Village, +2 Buys, +8 Actions.  End Action Phase.  No Treasures to play.  No buy

allanfieldhouse

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2017, 10:51:04 am »
+1

So... what would be a fair price for Counterfeit if "gain a Curse. If you do," was inserted after "When you play this,"?

$0? Give or take?

Replacing your starting Coppers with Curses (and + $3 total that turn) is still really bad. Maybe it would be worth playing it to buy a power $5, but I'm not sure you would do it otherwise. That being said...as an optional ability on a card you want to trash anyway...that might actually work out.

Cave-o-sapien

• Explorer
  • Respect: +480
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2017, 05:19:40 pm »

How many people in this forum (aside from donaldx) already know exactly what the Heirlooms are?

teamlyle

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: La-Ya
  • Did you know that cashews come from a fruit?
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2017, 05:33:21 pm »

I think Stef and Phillip know. On the livestream for the League finals, Phillip said something about meeting with Stef to discuss Nocturne implementation, which I assume means that Donald has revealed the cards (or card-shaped things) to the Dominion Online people.
Please join Forum Survivor season 4!

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +8484
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2017, 05:37:18 pm »
+1

How many people in this forum (aside from donaldx) already know exactly what the Heirlooms are?

I think Stef and Phillip know. On the livestream for the League finals, Phillip said something about meeting with Stef to discuss Nocturne implementation, which I assume means that Donald has revealed the cards (or card-shaped things) to the Dominion Online people.

Yes, they know. I have to imagine they are currently implementing Nocturne or have already done so, but I do not know with certainty.

I know what Heirlooms are, of course. All the playtesters and most lapsed/former playtesters know, though I won't list them here since some seem not to want to be outed. I don't know why, but there it is.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 05:40:16 pm by LastFootnote »

Cave-o-sapien

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2017, 05:42:46 pm »

Yes, they know. I have to imagine they are currently implementing Nocturne or have already done so, but I do not know with certainty.

I know what Heirlooms are, of course. All the other playtesters and most lapsed/former playtesters know, though I won't list them here since some seem not to want to be outed. I don't know why, but there it is.

Thanks for that.

Obviously, it takes some fun out of speculation threads when people hide what information they know in order to A) "guess" correctly or B) mess with people.

ThetaSigma12

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +961
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2017, 05:46:18 pm »
+1

but I do not know with certainty.
I do!

http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?topic=2036.0
If you have a fan card you want to be created, just post about it here! I'd love to take a look at it.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2017, 05:54:17 pm »

Obviously, it takes some fun out of speculation threads when people hide what information they know in order to A) "guess" correctly or B) mess with people.

I don't think that really happens, though. I have not seen "secret" testers pretending to guess in the past, they mostly just keep quiet. I'm not sure what you qualify as messing with people, but I don't think that happens either.

Cave-o-sapien

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2017, 06:15:10 pm »

I don't think that really happens, though. I have not seen "secret" testers pretending to guess in the past, they mostly just keep quiet. I'm not sure what you qualify as messing with people, but I don't think that happens either.

I'm not suggesting that HAS happened here, but it happens in other domains all the time. Really I just wanted anyone participating in this thread to be aware that some people know the answers already.

crj

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2017, 10:59:43 pm »

All the playtesters and most lapsed/former playtesters know
Might one infer from the "lapsed/former" bit that Heirlooms are an idea that has been sitting around for a while, waiting for its day to come?

Or do we have to wait until the secret history?

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2017, 12:10:04 am »

Might one infer from the "lapsed/former" bit that Heirlooms are an idea that has been sitting around for a while, waiting for its day to come?

Or do we have to wait until the secret history?

You can infer whatever you like! It's a free country internet.

But yes, I'd wait for the secret history if I were you.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 12:26:38 am by LastFootnote »

ackmondual

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +86
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2017, 03:54:32 am »
+1

13 thus far....
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?action=post;quote=711950;topic=17474.0;last_msg=719228
Village, +2 Actions.  Village, +3 Actions.  Village, +4 Actions.  Village, +5 Actions.  Village, +6 Actions.  Village, +7 Actions.  Workers Village, +2 Buys, +8 Actions.  End Action Phase.  No Treasures to play.  No buy

Morghas

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +12
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2017, 04:15:22 am »

Some ideas that haven't been mentioned:

A heirloom could allow each play to chose a card available from the supply up to $x to replace a copper in their starting hand. No extra printing cost and a nice interesting option if there were multiple good options out there.

Also I don't see why heirlooms would have to be restricted to $0 - $2 cost cards. If both players get the same thing or same choices available to them then maybe there could be a $6 card in there? Why not? It would make for some more interesting remodel options at the start game.

Bring on Nocture! I'm pumped.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 20 queries.