Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: King & Queen  (Read 8485 times)

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
Re: King & Queen
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2017, 04:08:46 pm »
+4

Ah.  I guess I didn't understand the complex rules of when I'm allowed to be literal and when I'm supposed to just entertain everyone.

Well, you clearly didn't. There are times when it's funny to point out that a certain sentence could mean a hilariously different thing than what it's obviously supposed to mean. And then there are times when you're trying to communicate clearly and misunderstanding things on purpose doesn't help anyone.

But Awaclus, you're terrible at identifying which times are which. Your schtick of pedantically "misunderstanding" people's posts is really played out, to the point that I can often predict what you'll post before it happens.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2017, 04:41:42 pm »

But Awaclus, you're terrible at identifying which times are which. Your schtick of pedantically "misunderstanding" people's posts is really played out, to the point that I can often predict what you'll post before it happens.

Whether or not you like wordplay based jokes is beside the point. The point is that they're jokes, not an attempt to discredit someone's argument.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2017, 04:55:18 pm »

I love King. Queen seems outright busted. All lest it helps end the game by killing provinces. Maybe it's effect should be a one-shot. Make it cost the same and a duration, but on your next turn, you trash it, if you do so, every card you play nets you a vp. Even if it's one shot, it still seems pretty crazy.

That could work.  Maybe change the above-line text to "At the start of your Buy phase next turn, trash this."  So as an Action, you would get that turn's buy phase, and the next turn's Action phase.

I quite like King, anything that encourages deck diversity is good by me. As worded it should double play treasure too right?

Sure does!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 04:57:12 pm by werothegreat »
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2017, 06:16:30 pm »
+5

Whether or not you like wordplay based jokes is beside the point. The point is that they're jokes, not an attempt to discredit someone's argument.

They're not jokes. They're the same joke over and over.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2017, 07:45:05 pm »

I actually kinda like the Province trashing on Queen, but I think it would be more interesting on a card that does it as an advantage for you. My main problem with such uses would be the overlap with Salt-the-earth. Anyhow, I think Salt-The-Earth shows that a combination of trashing VP cards and getting VP tokens clearly makes sense. Queen just shouldn't be able to go nuts as much with that. If it was something like "At the start of each of your turns for the rest of the game, you may trash a Province from the supply, and if you do, +3VP", maybe it would be easier to balance?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2017, 03:27:51 am »

They're not jokes. They're the same joke over and over.

Still beside the point. If you don't like wordplay, don't laugh at it.

it also provides an infinite supply of alt VP.

Eh, not so much.  By the time you buy this super expensive card, and play it, people will be buying provinces.  Then add on top of that the province trashing, and the game won't last much longer.  Not very infinite.

This is not wordplay. It is purposefully misunderstanding my post in order to start a pointless argument over it. I have never done that. You can go through each individual post I ever wrote and you won't find a single instance of me doing that. Therefore, the implied accusations that I'm being a hypocrite here are completely unfounded.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Chappy7

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chappy7
  • Respect: +660
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2017, 12:08:49 pm »
+2

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2017, 03:33:23 pm »

don't laugh at it.

No one does

Still beside the point. You can PM me any further complaints you might have about my comedy routine if you don't have anything relevant to add to the discussion.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2017, 03:58:02 pm »
+5

Guys, can we stay on topic?  You know, telling me how shitty my fan cards are?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Chappy7

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2017, 04:03:41 pm »
+1

My bad.  I'm actually really interested in these cards.  I wonder how often it would be worthwhile to go for them in games, and how often they'd be ignorable.  At least with how they are now, I feel like they would almost always be a good idea to buy the first time you hit $9.  So maybe a little too strong?

Do you think you'd buy them over platinum most of the time?

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2017, 04:13:21 pm »
+2

My bad.

Not at all.

Guys, can we stay on topic?  You know, telling me how shitty my fan cards are?

They are shittier than better fan cards, but less shitty than worse fan cards.

Chappy7

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2017, 04:26:21 pm »

Maybe limit King to action cards and Queen to treasure cards?

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1487
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2017, 11:26:03 am »
+3

I've always had a problem with people naming fan cards king or queen or emperor, because it kind of goes against the theme of dominion. You're supposed to be a ruler, so why would you be adding other kings? Maybe it's kind of like those Magic cards that are supposed to be on the same power level as players? These cards do seem to be powerful enough to warrant that, so I don't know. Just wondering what your thought process was for those names.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.