Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Night cards speculation  (Read 7495 times)

octelium

• Swindler
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
Re: Night cards speculation
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2017, 01:25:12 am »
+1

Not sure if this has been brought up, but what if there were two effects on the card a regular Day effect, and then a night effect that occurs after the buy

Village Blacksmith
$3
Draw 3 cards
---------------
Night: Trash 2 cards from play

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5344
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2017, 05:38:02 am »

Not sure if this has been brought up, but what if there were two effects on the card a regular Day effect, and then a night effect that occurs after the buy

Village Blacksmith
$3
Draw 3 cards
---------------
Night: Trash 2 cards from play

Yes, it has been brought up. It really depends on the concrete implementation here. Your's is a good example for an effect combination that can not trivially be done with things we have already, as it's using cards in play as a resource. If the trashing was optional however, you could do a "When you discard this from play" wording.

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2017, 09:39:14 am »

You could do it that way even if not optional. "Trash two cards from play when you discard this from play."

I'm assuming, hoping, Night is going to be used to achieve something altogether more novel and interesting though!

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5344
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2017, 03:03:49 pm »

You could do it that way even if not optional. "Trash two cards from play when you discard this from play."

I'm assuming, hoping, Night is going to be used to achieve something altogether more novel and interesting though!

Mostly, yes. If you discard the card last, you won't be able to trash another card and will have to trash it. But on second thought I think I agree that's still close enough.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.