Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 56  All

Author Topic: M105: Time Management Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 146398 times)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
Re: M105: Time Management Mafia (D1)
« Reply #250 on: August 03, 2017, 04:27:32 pm »

Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 03, 2017, 04:27:54 pm »

The Skumpy comparison I thnk is bad.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 03, 2017, 04:36:18 pm »

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 03, 2017, 04:37:25 pm »

This is the 6th person I've accused so far - somebody here's made me into a dog chasing my own tail, and I don't like it very much.

I feel that you are just playing victim. Pointing out that you have made a ton [6] of votes. trying to hard to look Innocent. Skumpy is scum.

Vote:Skumpy

vote probably wont' count

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 03, 2017, 04:42:33 pm »

This is the 6th person I've accused so far - somebody here's made me into a dog chasing my own tail, and I don't like it very much.

I feel that you are just playing victim. Pointing out that you have made a ton [6] of votes. trying to hard to look Innocent. Skumpy is scum.

why wouldn't it count?

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: August 03, 2017, 04:49:01 pm »

why wouldn't it count?

No space between color and name

The Voting Rules:
1. Votes should be in this format: Vote: Playername. Unambigiuous nicknames are acceptable, or any string that uniquely identifies a user. Note that the point of voting is, in fact, unambiguity, and attempting to make it unclear to other players (or, of course, mods) which user you are voting for is very ill-advised.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 03, 2017, 04:49:32 pm »

why wouldn't it count?

You have to have a space after the colon.

Votes not made in the exact right format can't be searched via control + F, so mods are often sticklers on that point.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 03, 2017, 05:04:25 pm »

Yeah, I didn't think you'd be voting for anybody else. No surprises there either.

Unlike Andrew, when I'm on the chopping block, I think I get more resigned than fidgety. We shall see. I've posted all my thoughts on everyone within the last day, I don't think they'll be changing at all before the end of the day. If anybody wants to defend me, it would be very kind (and rational) of you. If I do get lynched today and play again (which is probable, though it'd be nice to learn something before I'm dead), hopefully you'll have a better read of me. I'll be around, keep me updated on my status!

You just come off as trying to play victim/detective card too much. Which would be the best way for you to cover your own. Only time will tell if my read is correct.

why wouldn't it count?

No space between color and name

The Voting Rules:
1. Votes should be in this format: Vote: Playername. Unambigiuous nicknames are acceptable, or any string that uniquely identifies a user. Note that the point of voting is, in fact, unambiguity, and attempting to make it unclear to other players (or, of course, mods) which user you are voting for is very ill-advised.

Vote: Skumpy

thanks for the clarification

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 03, 2017, 05:07:54 pm »

^do you two know each other or is that datswan?

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 03, 2017, 05:11:52 pm »

datswan sounds like a meme I haven't met yet.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 03, 2017, 05:18:53 pm »

Not I.

Only time will tell if my read is correct.

Well, time and me. It's not by the way. Since it's clear I won't be convincing you otherwise, I guess there's nothing more to be said about it. I feel like we've gotten off to a rough start. Anything else you want to talk to me about, pertaining to mafia or anything else?
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 03, 2017, 05:34:42 pm »

DatSwan, galz and I are all twin-claim

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 03, 2017, 05:45:05 pm »

so... triplets?

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 03, 2017, 05:59:52 pm »

Well, time and me. It's not by the way. Since it's clear I won't be convincing you otherwise, I guess there's nothing more to be said about it. I feel like we've gotten off to a rough start. Anything else you want to talk to me about, pertaining to mafia or anything else?

You just have not said anything convincing me you are town. And your actions lead me to believe that you are scum. My vote is based solely on your behavior and wording. You seem to have a lot of opinions (not a bad thing) but then you make it a point to that everyone knows how you are feeling and that you are guy asking the questions. This part just seems like something scum would do to throw town. My vote is not set in stone, but as it stands your actions lead me to believe you're scum. How do you plea?

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 03, 2017, 06:00:28 pm »

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 03, 2017, 06:33:53 pm »

You just have not said anything convincing me you are town. And your actions lead me to believe that you are scum. My vote is based solely on your behavior and wording. You seem to have a lot of opinions (not a bad thing) but then you make it a point to that everyone knows how you are feeling and that you are guy asking the questions. This part just seems like something scum would do to throw town. My vote is not set in stone, but as it stands your actions lead me to believe you're scum. How do you plea?

That was actually a pleasantly aggressive post, so thank you first off for that, it gives something I can work with. Everything I will write here will assume you are town, no point otherwise.

First part: what I 'just' said was meant for you. The fact that you haven't shared any opinions until today after 4 days suggests that you take your time with reads. If it took you 4 days to vote for me (I'm assuming the Galzria vote wasn't serious?) after all the shady stuff I've said (more on that later), I highly doubt you'll be changing your mind in the last 3. I'm the prime target and if the wagon leaves me and gets someones else killed, I don't believe for a second you're the person that's going to push for the change. So I didn't feel the need to try to convince you, though I have a little (not much) hope now after your last post.

Middle part: My behavior and wording. As I suggested to Galzria, I suggest you go back and read stuff I've posted on the forums in my short time here. Wording should match. As for behavior....I don't consider myself a combative person who tries to start conflict (why am I playing this again?), but I have an unfortunate tendency to say really stupid stuff that causes reactions. I learned a few years back IRL that I should learn to just shut my damn mouth because nobody wanted to hear me blab, and unfortunately, I've been forgetting that self-taught lesson recently. I'd link to some of past posts, but I don't know if it's allowed (can I get a confirmation on that from somebody?). If it's not, I haven't posted much here, just look for my long wordy posts and the reactions that followed. Again, if it's allowed, I'll link them. And again, I say and write very revealing things far more often than I should, and I regret it every time.

Next: Opinions (not a bad thing) - I disagree. I've been far, far more opinionated than I expected I'd be. No idea why. I sometimes feel confident here about reads, than I come back to reality and remind myself that I'm new to mafia, new to 12 people, and shouldn't be making the judgments I have been after no information has been revealed. I could play 50 games of mafia and my stance would be the same - I don't believe that anything good will come out of day 1 voting, which I'm aware is extremely hypocritical.

Next: Point that I'm feeling and asking questions. That's because I've been spending far more time lurking here than I should (more than anybody realizes probably), and there's a self-guilt if I don't actually say anything. So I talk, and in order to talk, I have to give opinions. But as I said before the game, my opinions would be wrong. I don't know what I'm doing, I'm a terrible people person. When I said don't take what I say seriously yesterday, I mean you can try and read me based on it, but don't expect any accuracy or for me to stick to my reads on future days if I'm still alive.

Next: 'Something scum skum would do to throw town'. No, it sounds like something Skumpy would do to everybody. I've had a habit in my life of making great first impressions, than butchering them very swiftly and surely. Again, you can look through past posts of the last 6 months and see hints of that. Nothing so far this game pertaining to me has surprised me, except maybe the IC being the one to get the focus on me.

I plea 'you're wrong and will be in for an unfortunate surprise. Please reconsider'.

That's my total defense, I really don't have anything more to add to that...ever really. If the lynch mob persists, I will gladly accept my fate, there's nothing more that I can do. XX, the offer to chat still stands.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 03, 2017, 06:47:24 pm »

The Skumpy comparison I thnk is bad.

To expand on this point now that I am a bit more free. I specifically thought this post from Robz was bad.

The Skumpy doth protest to much, methinks.

vote: Skumpy.

I get not being sure, and I get being new, but it feels like every post is shaded in headginess. More to the point, it feels more and more forced, like he REALLY wants is to know just how unsure he is.

He reminds me of TWM in TWM's first game, TWM was scum that game, too. Honestly I think skumpy is extremely likely to be scum but man do I hate to punish an active newb. Well, I am willing to vote here, I suppose.
I feel I can speak to this, given that I am in fact, TWM. I was scum in that game. And for the purpose of this exercise will assume Skumpy is as well.

Robz's point I think is that in my game I was asking questions and getting very involved in the game very quickly. That is true. I did. I asked questions, tried to get people to engage with me about meta and theory and such. I voted a fair amount. And honestly didn't have a clue what I was doing but was trying really hard to fake it. As a result, most of my posts were pretty tame. I tried to look active, but I didn't want anyone actually looking at me.

Compare to Skumpy's posts. He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

To me, that isn't something that scum does. Or if they do it is because they are fully allowing their personality to come through. I think that is very hard for scum.

As a reminder, this is Skumpy's "/in" post when he didn't have an alignment:

So a little about me:

I am a horrible liar.
I am a horrible lie detector.
I crack under pressure easily.
If I play, I will very likely spend way too much time lurking and will ruin my life.
I may hate it and/or get overwhelmed and become apathetic very quickly.
Or worse, I may get addicted and continue to ruin my life.
I am very unfamiliar with mafia.
I would rather focus my free time on playing Dominion than on playing mafia.

However, there's 2 other important points.

1. If I'm going to spend as much time as I have been recently glancing through mafia games, I'm going to crack eventually and sign up for a game, so better sooner rather than later while it's still summer.

& 2 and most important: I would be remiss to spend as much time on the forum as I do and not give "Skummy Skumpy" a chance....

so /in

Looking forward to it!
It was the type of post I wasn't going to forget and I am surprised others seem to have forgotten it. All of his other posts that people are pointing out as skummy, I think reflect the tone of this post which is completely alignment neutral. I think what we are seeing is his personality and since it is a personality that attracts attention he is getting it. But I think skummy Skumpy would lower that down and not be as quiet "out-there"

So I think his wagon is bad, and I am probably completely wrong and will end up hanging my head in shame over this, but I am going to put it out there.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 03, 2017, 07:19:37 pm »

DatSwan, galz and I are all twin-claim

what does "twin-claim" mean? Are you saying you're IRL triplets?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 03, 2017, 07:43:23 pm »

twinclaim (n): When a player informs others that they know another player in real life.  (First recorded instance was Jotheonah and Glooble in MIV)
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 03, 2017, 07:45:44 pm »

Unvote For now. Reasons.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: August 03, 2017, 07:57:05 pm »

twinclaim (n): When a player informs others that they know another player in real life.  (First recorded instance was Jotheonah and Glooble in MIV)

Ah. I thought you three were actually triplets IRL xD.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 03, 2017, 11:18:15 pm »

I'll ask again: Is there a way to quote farther than 15 posts back that doesn't require copy/pasting from a second tab?

OK, TWM just read me like "Green Eggs & Ham", and is 100% correct. If he's not scum, then he's the best reader here from what I can tell. With regards to your eccentric, flamboyant, and excessive, I did post this early on:

if I was scum and reading that, I would think the weird new guy has a mental deficiency (which is probably true honestly).

so no disrespect perceived or taken.

Looking back in retrospect, there are a few ways people could've chosen to read me
a) They are actually Town, think I'm playing very un-townlike, so vote me
b) Town, think I'm playing very un-townlike, but leave me alone since they're not sure and I'm new
c) Scum, realize I'm an easy target, so vote me
d) Scum, realize I'm an easy target, but are incredibly confused by why I'm playing so awfully, so they leave me alone in order to gain townie credit later on after I'm a quick early lynch

I never expected e though: understand me better than I understand myself and give a perfect assessment. When I said I'm a bad liar before, I think I see why I believed (and still do) that to be the case: there's absolutely no way I could talk in the same manner as I am now if I was skum, even if I like to believe I could, and I really do think I would hush up a lot more. For the record, I may type in a way that attracts attention, as TWM points out, but trust me, I really hate attention. But I also hate empty words, which is why you won't see me making a whole lot of short posts, apologies to the impatient people amongst you.

I think the fact that I'm so...unconventional...is the reason why I suspect those whose who I agree with/agree with me, and trust those who suspect me.

And TWM, I can promise you won't be hanging your head in shame. I don't know if I can clear you just yet, a scum would know I'm town and would have an easier time figuring me out, but at the very least, you're getting a voting exemption from me for a while. I also hope I won't have to hang my head in shame.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 04, 2017, 03:52:08 am »

That was actually a pleasantly aggressive post, so thank you first off for that, it gives something I can work with. Everything I will write here will assume you are town, no point otherwise.

First part: what I 'just' said was meant for you. The fact that you haven't shared any opinions until today after 4 days suggests that you take your time with reads. If it took you 4 days to vote for me (I'm assuming the Galzria vote wasn't serious?) after all the shady stuff I've said (more on that later), I highly doubt you'll be changing your mind in the last 3. I'm the prime target and if the wagon leaves me and gets someones else killed, I don't believe for a second you're the person that's going to push for the change. So I didn't feel the need to try to convince you, though I have a little (not much) hope now after your last post.

Middle part: My behavior and wording. As I suggested to Galzria, I suggest you go back and read stuff I've posted on the forums in my short time here. Wording should match. As for behavior....I don't consider myself a combative person who tries to start conflict (why am I playing this again?), but I have an unfortunate tendency to say really stupid stuff that causes reactions. I learned a few years back IRL that I should learn to just shut my damn mouth because nobody wanted to hear me blab, and unfortunately, I've been forgetting that self-taught lesson recently. I'd link to some of past posts, but I don't know if it's allowed (can I get a confirmation on that from somebody?). If it's not, I haven't posted much here, just look for my long wordy posts and the reactions that followed. Again, if it's allowed, I'll link them. And again, I say and write very revealing things far more often than I should, and I regret it every time.

Next: Opinions (not a bad thing) - I disagree. I've been far, far more opinionated than I expected I'd be. No idea why. I sometimes feel confident here about reads, than I come back to reality and remind myself that I'm new to mafia, new to 12 people, and shouldn't be making the judgments I have been after no information has been revealed. I could play 50 games of mafia and my stance would be the same - I don't believe that anything good will come out of day 1 voting, which I'm aware is extremely hypocritical.

Next: Point that I'm feeling and asking questions. That's because I've been spending far more time lurking here than I should (more than anybody realizes probably), and there's a self-guilt if I don't actually say anything. So I talk, and in order to talk, I have to give opinions. But as I said before the game, my opinions would be wrong. I don't know what I'm doing, I'm a terrible people person. When I said don't take what I say seriously yesterday, I mean you can try and read me based on it, but don't expect any accuracy or for me to stick to my reads on future days if I'm still alive.

Next: 'Something scum skum would do to throw town'. No, it sounds like something Skumpy would do to everybody. I've had a habit in my life of making great first impressions, than butchering them very swiftly and surely. Again, you can look through past posts of the last 6 months and see hints of that. Nothing so far this game pertaining to me has surprised me, except maybe the IC being the one to get the focus on me.

I plea 'you're wrong and will be in for an unfortunate surprise. Please reconsider'.

That's my total defense, I really don't have anything more to add to that...ever really. If the lynch mob persists, I will gladly accept my fate, there's nothing more that I can do. XX, the offer to chat still stands.

As I have stated before and will say once more, my vote isn't set in stone and my vote toward you isn't personal.

I understand your argument - that you are not acting strange, it's just your personality. I do acknowledge that your previous posts show you ask a lot of questions. And these posts do hold a similar tone.

You do recognize that you act different then most and draw attention to yourself. So I hope you understand that I still just can't let it go just yet. You seem suspicious and I don't know if it is worth risking you being scum because you used similar language before. You are a veryinteresting character. My vote stays the same.. for now.

Chat away skumpy.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 04, 2017, 12:03:13 pm »

That's a pretty compelling argument to me from TWM re: Skumpy.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 04, 2017, 12:31:49 pm »

Robz seems to be pushing and trying to get traction on people without any really good reasons. It's the question marks again.

vote: Robz
Agree
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 56  All

Page created in 1.217 seconds with 20 queries.