Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 56  All

Author Topic: M105: Time Management Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 146392 times)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
Re: M105: Time Management Mafia (D1)
« Reply #225 on: August 02, 2017, 08:13:31 pm »

Well. Here comes the mandatory vote: Robz vote.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 02, 2017, 08:18:48 pm »

Yeah, okay. I should have seen that Jake had appeared. He didn't have much to say though.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 02, 2017, 08:31:21 pm »

Hi guys. I'm still on vacation. Looks like chairs's vote on me wasn't the hammer. Cool beans.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 02, 2017, 08:33:49 pm »

Oh sorry, I didn't realize you were v/la. I'll unvote.

Not super stoked about Skumpy right now.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 02, 2017, 10:40:44 pm »

Robz seems to be pushing and trying to get traction on people without any really good reasons. It's the question marks again.

vote: Robz

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 03, 2017, 02:33:58 am »

Okay, I do not have much more time left. Here's a reads summary:

The_Wine_Merchant - a bit less active than usual? The way he justified not commenting on some things seemed townie.
DatSwan - complete VLA, no idea
Robz888 - dunno. I feel like it will be easier to read him on later days.
Roadrunner7671 - also gone. He had a wagon on him, which doesn't make me a huge fan of this lynch.
AndrewisFTTW - seems like his town self. I don't really recall how well he fakes that as scum.
chairs - initially townie, and seems generally comfortable in his position. I think scum!chairs is (are) uncomfortable.
Xxraptorslayer96 - not really anything to say, but not VLA either. I think that if he was scum, his partners would have coached him to be a better newbie, so slight town read.
JaketheBaseballGod22 - did some scummy selective commenting and is other than that a non-presence. I don't like the way Galzria protected him and made it seem like he was really active in his last post.
Skumpy - active, I don't think the early confusion about the setup was faked. Seems townie.
gkrieg13 - don't really have anything on him. Well he's not great at D1s.
Galzria - scummy stuff has already been pointed out. On the other hand, he plays differently from M100, where he seemed much more intent on trying to convince others and revealing his thought process. I completely believe that scum!Galz is able to change his playstyle, but still it makes me stop. And Galzria is on the active spectrum, so I don't feel too great about a lynch there.

I suppose my vote stays on Jake. I'll be here some 2 hours longer to answer questions.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 03, 2017, 04:22:21 am »

Not super stoked about Skumpy right now.

Well, are you at least partially stoked? This obviously won't help Skummy Skumpy, but I'm willing to slide you a bit up the townie meter. Meaning my town reads now align with Faust's early post. Which makes me worried about Faust.

Skumpy - active, I don't think the early confusion about the setup was faked. Seems townie.

I would love to be scum and take credit for the helpless newbie play. Sadly, I really did spend an hour over the weekend carefully thinking, typing, and getting excited. If I play more mafia, I will be making my every first post a request for everybody to claim so we can get this over with.

People I'd be most wiling to lynch right now, in order of the people on Faust's post:
TWM (should probably reread, but I still don't like how he's not committed to anybody. But neither am I so....)
Robz (I have no clue here. Don't know if I really want to put his name down, but I would have no protestations if he's the one hanged today)
XX (I feel like both a traitor and a hypocrite for targeting him, but I feel like we should've had something by now from him.)
Faust (Like Jake, I'm against the 'don't lynch me, I'm vla'. I appreciate you standing up for me, but early town reads that I agree with aren't going to clear your name for me.)

Since I've accused at least 1 town, probably 4 (it's my first day 1, give me a break!), apologies to them.

Really though, I think Andrew and Chairs are the only ones off limits for me (for now anyways). Gkrieg is an absolute null, i honestly can't remember anything he's done besides defend Faust. Galzria is getting pushy, which I'd imagine is a bold move for scum, but he's clearly well aware of the WIFOM, so who's to say he's not doing it himself. RR, Jake, Datswan, I don't them see them getting lynched day 1, not enough interactions, but if I'm alive to see day 2, I'll be interested to know how they respond from going MIA for so long.

Faust, I doubt you'll be the day 1 lynch, but I also doubt Jake will, though I'm sure things can flip very quickly like they have so far. Which is why I don't really get the Jake vote - you might as well throw it somewhere that counts before you're gone.

I said before that I felt everything day 1 was random. I still do, so I have no idea how I've made as many reaches as I've made. Again, I'm a fan of information, so I wouldn't recommend taking anything I say seriously until we have some concrete information to work with. In the meantime, more than happy to keep defending myself against vicious Teproc attacks.

He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 03, 2017, 04:44:09 am »

Faust (Like Jake, I'm against the 'don't lynch me, I'm vla'. I appreciate you standing up for me, but early town reads that I agree with aren't going to clear your name for me.)
There is nothing in here that suggests that I am scum, so why am I on here?

Faust, I doubt you'll be the day 1 lynch, but I also doubt Jake will, though I'm sure things can flip very quickly like they have so far. Which is why I don't really get the Jake vote - you might as well throw it somewhere that counts before you're gone.
I don't know why you think Jake won't be the lynch. Because he has limited availability? That's not a reason; we have a saying here that goes "lynch all lurkers" for a reason. And I do think Jake is the scummiest-looking player right now, so that's a good place for me to vote. Plus there's already another vote on him, so there's reason to think it might get more traction.

I wouldn't recommend taking anything I say seriously until we have some concrete information to work with.
I will take everything you say seriously.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: M105: Time Management Mafia (N0!)
« Reply #234 on: August 03, 2017, 04:46:09 am »

Vote Count 1.2

faust (2): Roadrunner7671, JaketheBaseballGod22
AndrewisFTTW (1): Galzria
Roadrunner7671 (1): AndrewisFTTW
Galzria (1): Xxraptorslayer96
The_Wine_Merchant (1): Skumpy
Robz888 (2): The_Wine_Merchant, gkrieg13
JaketheBaseballGod22 (2): faust, Robz888
Skumpy (1): Teproc

Not voting (2): DatSwan, chairs

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends Sunday, August 6 at 1:00 pm forum time.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 03, 2017, 05:09:38 am »

There is nothing in here that suggests that I am scum, so why am I on here?

I don't know why you think Jake won't be the lynch. Because he has limited availability? That's not a reason; we have a saying here that goes "lynch all lurkers" for a reason. And I do think Jake is the scummiest-looking player right now, so that's a good place for me to vote. Plus there's already another vote on him, so there's reason to think it might get more traction.

I wouldn't recommend taking anything I say seriously until we have some concrete information to work with.
I will take everything you say seriously.

1. There was more to it than that, but parenthesis can only be so long. Your posts have sometimes felt very towny, sometimes very scummy. I'm not going to be preaching for a wagon on you while you're gone.

2. I did post that before the vote count, so I had no idea how scattered the vote actually was. I was unaware of the lynch lurkers rule, which now explains why Robz hasn't voted for me yet. I suppose I'd actually be in favor of it day 1 when there's nothing else to go on. It seems very obviously scummy to lurk, but I guess that's where the WIFOM comes to play. Personally, don't love the Jake vote, but that has nothing to do with (1.)

3. Yeah, I get that. I might be understating it, but I think all of my votes are complete hogwash. I once spotted a post while perusing  the threads saying the day 1 lynch success rate was 30% or so, which is practically the equivalent of an absolute random vote. And based on this vote count, I sense the rate will be dropping shortly.

He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 03, 2017, 05:23:01 am »

Lynching lurkers is not really a rule. If you ask me I think it's a terrible policy as lurking has nothing to do with alignment in a vacuum. There can be gmaes whre it feels like scum is lurking, but that's not "lynch all lurkers", it's "lynch people I think are scum for reason X", which is always better.

On the subject of lurkers, we need more from the Galz twinclaimers (DatSwan and XXraptor) and, well, really from everyone aside from faust/Skumpy.

chairs, what was the hammer comment about re: your RR vote ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 03, 2017, 07:38:45 am »

Humph

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 03, 2017, 07:44:41 am »

Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: August 03, 2017, 08:07:11 am »

@faust - I wasn't thinking about what scum!chairs looks like, but when you said the thing about scum!chairs being uncomfortable, I was reminded suddenly of my truly awful performance in Harry Potter, which is the last game I can remember being scum. Good lord did you nail "uncomfortable" correctly.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 03, 2017, 02:54:29 pm »

I don't like this vote because I really don't trust the people currently voting, but then I reminded myself that I honestly have no clue who's scum. This is the 6th person I've accused so far - somebody here's made me into a dog chasing my own tail, and I don't like it very much.

But frankly, I don't know how you can justify not posting by being on vacation, but still have time to play another mafia game.

Vote: jake

If he gets lynched and is town, I would really like the next lynch to be on one of the three people in front of me.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 03, 2017, 02:59:23 pm »

Vote: TWM

He's acting.... weird.

Don't feel one way or another about Jake, will move my vote there if I have to.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 03, 2017, 03:06:04 pm »

I don't like this vote because I really don't trust the people currently voting, but then I reminded myself that I honestly have no clue who's scum. This is the 6th person I've accused so far - somebody here's made me into a dog chasing my own tail, and I don't like it very much.

But frankly, I don't know how you can justify not posting by being on vacation, but still have time to play another mafia game.

Vote: jake

If he gets lynched and is town, I would really like the next lynch to be on one of the three people in front of me.

Often, if you are on vacation, you choose to focus on the game that is further along, because it is the one that is more interesting, and the one that you are more important in.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 03, 2017, 03:06:58 pm »

I'm not really feeling the Jake lynch right now.  I like to let him lynch himself when he is scum.  Not really posting doesn't seem like a very good plan.

Although if it is RR/Jake, I could see them being quiet to not be the D1 lynch.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 03, 2017, 03:24:33 pm »

What's on your mind, TWM?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 03, 2017, 03:28:04 pm »

The Skumpy doth protest to much, methinks.

vote: Skumpy.

I get not being sure, and I get being new, but it feels like every post is shaded in headginess. More to the point, it feels more and more forced, like he REALLY wants is to know just how unsure he is.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 03, 2017, 03:29:50 pm »

I get not being sure, and I get being new, but it feels like every post is shaded in headginess. More to the point, it feels more and more forced, like he REALLY wants is to know just how unsure he is.

He reminds me of TWM in TWM's first game, TWM was scum that game, too. Honestly I think skumpy is extremely likely to be scum but man do I hate to punish an active newb. Well, I am willing to vote here, I suppose.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 03, 2017, 03:36:10 pm »

This is the 6th person I've accused so far - somebody here's made me into a dog chasing my own tail, and I don't like it very much.

I feel that you are just playing victim. Pointing out that you have made a ton [6] of votes. trying to hard to look Innocent. Skumpy is scum.

Vote:Skumpy

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 03, 2017, 04:17:11 pm »

Here comes my lynch mob. Twas to be expected

Take a read through other things I've posted on the forum, including my /in for this game (there's only about 70, and half of them are for league). I am probably the most underconfident, self-underselling, argument-qualifying person ever.

'he REALLY wants to know just how unsure he is'. You are absolutely correct. I am EXTREMELY unsure. I expect to have learned absolutely nothing until the reveal because it's pure random chaos until then, as shown by my shortly-incoming lynch.

He reminds me of TWM in TWM's first game, TWM was scum that game, too. Honestly I think skumpy is extremely likely to be scum but man do I hate to punish an active newb. Well, I am willing to vote here, I suppose.

To quote somebody who I don't remember from earlier: "I'm not [TWM]"

If I'm going to be lynched, I'd be honored to have your vote - I really don't want active newbie pity, though a second thought/read-through would be appreciated.

This is the 6th person I've accused so far - somebody here's made me into a dog chasing my own tail, and I don't like it very much.

I feel that you are just playing victim. Pointing out that you have made a ton [6] of votes. trying to hard to look Innocent. Skumpy is scum.

Vote:Skumpy

Yeah, I didn't think you'd be voting for anybody else. No surprises there either.

Unlike Andrew, when I'm on the chopping block, I think I get more resigned than fidgety. We shall see. I've posted all my thoughts on everyone within the last day, I don't think they'll be changing at all before the end of the day. If anybody wants to defend me, it would be very kind (and rational) of you. If I do get lynched today and play again (which is probable, though it'd be nice to learn something before I'm dead), hopefully you'll have a better read of me. I'll be around, keep me updated on my status!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 56  All

Page created in 0.806 seconds with 21 queries.