Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 56  All

Author Topic: M105: Time Management Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 147337 times)

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M105: Time Management Mafia (D1)
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2017, 07:19:25 pm »

vote: Faust

Chairs and Faust are the team.

Vote: gkrieg

For pretending like he doesn't know there are 3 scum in this game.

I never said they were the full team. I know there are three scums.

^This doesn't imply it was an RVS post.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2017, 07:22:43 pm »

Ok I'm getting ahead of myself. Clearly it was RVS. And if nobody else sees anything in it, that's fine. I'll drop it.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2017, 08:19:40 pm »

vote: AndrewisFTTW.

Not RVS.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2017, 08:24:11 pm »

that's fine. I'll drop it.
Scummiest thing so far from anyone.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2017, 08:35:25 pm »

Just because someone has self control doesn't mean it is scummy.

Vote: RR
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2017, 08:42:45 pm »

Yeah I'll do that.

Vote: RR

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2017, 08:43:06 pm »

Just because someone has self control doesn't mean it is scummy.
It is to me! I never have self control as town!

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2017, 08:43:13 pm »

Oh darn

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2017, 08:43:36 pm »

Not RVS.

How about an explanation of why?

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2017, 11:16:47 pm »

First off, is there a way to quote farther back than like 15 posts? Copy and pasting from a second tab is gonna get annoying real quick.

I don't know anybody here and I don't know play styles, don't except me to do any wagoning day 1 (speaking of which, how do you keep all the different people here straight in your head?). I don't know, it seems so strange to me to start accusing with literally no information. I highly doubt this is a product of my newbieness...it just rubs off on me the wrong way, especially since the D1 seems to always result in a mislynch. I'll probably end up voting at some point, but as of <1 irl day, I don't get it yet.

Finally, let's keep up some WIFOM here, but let's say some of these questions may already help mafia POE which PR you are or are no, if you are town. In the future, consult the mafiascum wiki rather than asking here.

Obviously I'd like to think I would have posted the same regardless of if I'm PR or VT, town or skum. And even if there are some differences, good luck telling for sure after my very post in mafia. Also, I don't get the problem with asking questions? Maybe a couple were asked just to be sure (like the roleblockers blocking each other was probably obvious in retrospect), but they seem standard enough for a first-time player to me. In my defense, even you didn't know the answer to one. Sorry if that came off as arrogant, but if I was scum and reading that, I would think the weird new guy has a mental deficiency (which is probably true honestly).

Scummy Skummy--worrying about how game mechanics, misunderstanding them negatively affect mafia. Could be more likely from a scum skum mindset if that is his alignmnet and he sees his chances of winning hurt. But probably just overall wanting the game to be balanced so it is more fun if he is town. So not that scummy skummy.

Overall a townier feel.
Please, I'd love to have something to set me apart.

So now I know how it feels to be town and get read into very thoroughly. Kinda cool actually. Believe me, I'm a terrible liar - If I'm skum, you would know instantly. Also, to your point about worrying about game mechanics, sees chance of winning hurt etc...I just wanna try and find a way to exploit the setup.

And I'm not totally certain claiming is bad. More on my thoughts in a new post...
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2017, 12:09:31 am »

Continued from previous post:

Say we all claim flavor/role (if needed) day 1

So scum's gonna counter certain things. They're not going to claim the same PR/potential-PR multiple times (if 2 people are fighting over alignment cop, a 2nd scum joining instantly identifies 2 scum in a group of 3, which is stupid).

That leaves them with 4 possibilities:
1) All claim a different PR (when I say PR, I'm referring to alignment cop and 5 townies that can be modified)
2) All claim VT (when I say VT, I'm referring to the 3 who have no chance at modification)
3) One claims VT, 2 claim PR
4) One claims PR, 2 claim VT

Take scenario 1. This instantly clears 7 town out of 13, and leaves 3 pairs with 2 suspicious persons each.
(For all below, assume successful night kills of confirmed town)
Day 1: 10 town, 3 scum. Mislynch a town.
Day 2: 8 town, 3 scum. Guaranteed a scum.
Day 3: 7 town, 2 scum. Mislynch.
Day 4: 5 town, 2 scum. Correct
Day 5: 4 town, 1 scum. Mislynch
Day 6: 2 town, 1 scum. Victory
So this one's out the window.

(OK, this is where I start to realize this is indeed a stupid plan, but I'll keep writing)

Scenario 2: All claim a VT
Clears 7, 3 scum among 6 people. It's probably better to ask any VT's to claim first so to protect the 6 PR's from revealing information. Doctor, Watcher, Tracker, and Roleblocker then half-size their target pools. If you guys can't identify 3 scum from a group of 6 known from day 1, I have no idea how you can justify voting this early. I probably can't, but that's because I'm bad.

Scenario 3: Starts same as scenario 1, gets down to the same Day 5: 4 town, 1 scum (with 1 guaranteed innocent). 2 shots at a correct lynch, those seem like pretty good odds to me. Get 1 of the 2 PR lynches correct on the first try, and we're up to 6 vs 1 with 3 guaranteed innocents. This in turn simplifies down to at worst 2 v 1 with 1 guaranteed innocent.

Scenario 4: This is the trickiest I think. Try and find the fake claimer first, and it could be 7 vs 2, but with only 2 confirmed innocents. Or try and knock out 2 scum from a group of 5 first. It's riskier, but it guarantees that we won't be mislynching PR's day 1. If we do claim, this is probably what will happen and will require more thought.

So maybe not all that bad after all? Keep in mind that, with the exception of that one idea in scenario 3, these are all absolute-worst case scenarios where a)town mislynches every day, b)scum succeeds in killing every day, and c)investigatives get no information. I'm useless when it comes to scumhunting, and I like having information. If you want to get mad at me for giving scum ideas, I can understand that. But since I'm town (please have faith), there's guaranteed at least 1 veteran in the scum team. They should better be able to figure out all this for themselves.

Again, still the new guy, so I don't know how well day 1 claiming works in the past, but if you're clearing half the town, that sounds pretty reasonable to me. Thoughts? Claiming roles in addition to flavor is also a mystery. On the one hand, it tells the town what they're up against. On the other, now scum has targets. Probably better to not claim role.

By the way, if you ever see me lurking and taking a long time to post, please note this difference of 45+ minutes between posts as an example of me being a slow writer who likes to think and make sure every word is correct.

Nice to meet everybody! I'm sure we'll get along just fine!
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2017, 12:27:08 am »

Tldr

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2017, 12:27:27 am »

Fyi

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2017, 12:27:44 am »

DAMA

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2017, 12:28:42 am »

JK going to bed. Ask hung over me tomorrow.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2017, 01:11:59 am »

If I made a ranking of the best days of the week to get hung over on, Monday is definitely not in the top 2.

TLDR: The set-up gives a lot of information. I would like to use the information by suggesting the idea of everyone claiming day 1, sooner rather than later. I know few if any people will be willing, so I understand it's very unlikely to happen.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2017, 01:22:01 am »

If I made a ranking of the best days of the week to get hung over on, Monday is definitely not in the top 2.

TLDR: The set-up gives a lot of information. I would like to use the information by suggesting the idea of everyone claiming day 1, sooner rather than later. I know few if any people will be willing, so I understand it's very unlikely to happen.

Consider that scum can claim one of the modified VT roles and not be counterclaimed, then we don't don't get any information and out all of our PRs, which isn't very productive.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2017, 02:02:50 am »

But even if there is, suppose I'm Precise Alarm Clock (Doctor, mod 1)

A) I'm the doctor (mod 1 is working). In which case, I claim doctor, and either IC myself or set up a WIFOM with 1 scum.

B) I'm the not-doctor (mod 1 is not working). In which case, I can claim "I ain't no doc, but I know nobody here ain't no doc neither!" Which again either IC's myself or sets up a WIFOM.

Wouldn't this just instantly clear like half the town? Am I missing something?

You are missing that if there is no player with the flavor name Precise Alarm Clock if the modification1 is no active. Instead, an additional Good Memories (VT) is added. So it is not possible for a single player to claim "not-Doctor", and it is possible for scum to fakelclaim since they know exactly what modifications are present.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2017, 02:04:42 am »

People should be able to get an alignment tell on skump from this I think. Get to work on that people.
Well yes, they are likely town. Or if he's scum, they probably have a really savvy partner, like Galzria maybe.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2017, 02:07:29 am »

Fwiw I get more of a scum read off Faust for calling Chairs town (something scum can do safely enough about anyone at any point) than I do about gkrieg calling "the" mafia team. It's all RVS though so I put no weight in any of it really.

Andrew's semantics argument reminds me of my own argument on Reggie D1 of M100, where Reggie was town and I was scum.
Me calling chairs town is not RVS, and I don't like you framing it as such. Combined with the hedgness on Andrew that fails to acknowledge that Andrew's play is fundamentally different from Galzria's, that's enough for me to vote: Galzria

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2017, 02:10:44 am »

Skumpy, Andrew, chairs are all townie, in descending order. That's a decent start for the game. And Teproc is an IC. We're starting to get some good PoE going here.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2017, 02:25:54 am »

But even if there is, suppose I'm Precise Alarm Clock (Doctor, mod 1)

A) I'm the doctor (mod 1 is working). In which case, I claim doctor, and either IC myself or set up a WIFOM with 1 scum.

B) I'm the not-doctor (mod 1 is not working). In which case, I can claim "I ain't no doc, but I know nobody here ain't no doc neither!" Which again either IC's myself or sets up a WIFOM.

Wouldn't this just instantly clear like half the town? Am I missing something?

You are missing that if there is no player with the flavor name Precise Alarm Clock if the modification1 is no active. Instead, an additional Good Memories (VT) is added. So it is not possible for a single player to claim "not-Doctor", and it is possible for scum to fakelclaim since they know exactly what modifications are present.

Oh. Scratch my claiming idea then. Sorry to bother you all. Now I actually have to figure out how to read people....

People should be able to get an alignment tell on skump from this I think. Get to work on that people.
Well yes, they are likely town. Or if he's scum, they probably have a really savvy partner, like Galzria maybe.

I don't trust anyone yet, but I'll take the compliment.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2017, 02:30:56 am »

Not RVS.

How about an explanation of why?

Your posting leading up to that seems very much like a scum attempt to probe for the possibility of pushing a wagon, then backing off when it doesn't seem like it's going anywhere.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 31, 2017, 02:32:06 am »

Hey all, sorry I'm late to the party

Andrew's semantics argument reminds me of my own argument on Reggie D1 of M100, where Reggie was town and I was scum.

Once scum always scum.

vote:Galzria

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 31, 2017, 09:45:06 am »

vote: galzria

Pretty scummy to project yourself onto another player.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 56  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 19 queries.