Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 56  All

Author Topic: M105: Time Management Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 147834 times)

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
Re: M105: Time Management Mafia (D1)
« Reply #275 on: August 04, 2017, 12:37:34 pm »

Vote: TWM

He's acting.... weird.

Don't feel one way or another about Jake, will move my vote there if I have to.
He is but probably town.
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 04, 2017, 12:39:41 pm »

I'm not really feeling the Jake lynch right now.  I like to let him lynch himself when he is scum.  Not really posting doesn't seem like a very good plan.

Although if it is RR/Jake, I could see them being quiet to not be the D1 lynch.
Someone brings this up every game we play together and yet it still has never happened.
Baseball For Life

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 04, 2017, 12:48:57 pm »

I'll ask again: Is there a way to quote farther than 15 posts back that doesn't require copy/pasting from a second tab?

OK, TWM just read me like "Green Eggs & Ham", and is 100% correct. If he's not scum, then he's the best reader here from what I can tell. With regards to your eccentric, flamboyant, and excessive, I did post this early on:

if I was scum and reading that, I would think the weird new guy has a mental deficiency (which is probably true honestly).

so no disrespect perceived or taken.

Looking back in retrospect, there are a few ways people could've chosen to read me
a) They are actually Town, think I'm playing very un-townlike, so vote me
b) Town, think I'm playing very un-townlike, but leave me alone since they're not sure and I'm new
c) Scum, realize I'm an easy target, so vote me
d) Scum, realize I'm an easy target, but are incredibly confused by why I'm playing so awfully, so they leave me alone in order to gain townie credit later on after I'm a quick early lynch

I never expected e though: understand me better than I understand myself and give a perfect assessment. When I said I'm a bad liar before, I think I see why I believed (and still do) that to be the case: there's absolutely no way I could talk in the same manner as I am now if I was skum, even if I like to believe I could, and I really do think I would hush up a lot more. For the record, I may type in a way that attracts attention, as TWM points out, but trust me, I really hate attention. But I also hate empty words, which is why you won't see me making a whole lot of short posts, apologies to the impatient people amongst you.

I think the fact that I'm so...unconventional...is the reason why I suspect those whose who I agree with/agree with me, and trust those who suspect me.

And TWM, I can promise you won't be hanging your head in shame. I don't know if I can clear you just yet, a scum would know I'm town and would have an easier time figuring me out, but at the very least, you're getting a voting exemption from me for a while. I also hope I won't have to hang my head in shame.
This reads scummy to me. Vote: Skumpy
Baseball For Life

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 04, 2017, 01:05:56 pm »

Am I already voting Jake? vote: Jake just to make sure.

Votes with only justification that something reads scummy. Completely ignores my defense, that I consider very legitimate, and should require some logic or explanation to vote despite it.

See Jake as joining a bandwagon without adding any value to the wagon and (what I assume is) intentionally dismissing the information against it.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 04, 2017, 01:11:51 pm »

Well, you're either type A or type C, Jake. Did my post before that do nothing for you?

Chat away skumpy.

Very well Xx. Since I've attempted far more than enough reads for day 1...how's your week been?
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 04, 2017, 01:16:01 pm »

Well, you're either type A or type C, Jake. Did my post before that do nothing for you?

And I think a type A would at least provide some sort of reasoning or anything after the large amount of content available to justify why they still want to vote for you.

Type C as scum, probably should if they don't want to be suspected by the likes of me, but it is a lot easier to just vote and hope you get away with it.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 04, 2017, 01:32:54 pm »

I'm not really feeling the Jake lynch right now.  I like to let him lynch himself when he is scum.  Not really posting doesn't seem like a very good plan.

Although if it is RR/Jake, I could see them being quiet to not be the D1 lynch.
Someone brings this up every game we play together and yet it still has never happened.
Very much agree with this. If Jake and I were partners, I think it would be pretty bad.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 04, 2017, 01:34:53 pm »

And I don't think too much of Skumpy. Newbies play differently, and different doesn't equal scummy.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 04, 2017, 01:39:18 pm »

Let's unvotefor now at least.

@Jake: How is TWM bein weird and why does that make you think he's town ?

Skumpy: Who do you think is scum ?

PPE: 2
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 04, 2017, 02:13:24 pm »

I'd love to tell you I have a pretty good idea, but I really don't. I posted the best reads I had around the time faust was leaving, and they haven't changed much from that.

You'll have to take my word for it that TWM read me perfectly, and only as a token of my gratitude, he gets a pass from me for a while. But as I said before, it's easier to read people when you know for a fact they're town. Is TWM known to be a good reader or no? Or are their people here who are normally good readers who completely blew it on this one?

I feel OK about leaving my vote on Jake for now, but I have to think that if he is town, there's at least 1 scum on his wagon right now, a feeling supported by the fact that I was uneasy by all of them before they even started voting for him. My stronger town reads feelings have been close to faust's and my feelings on the wagons have been similar to Robz's.

And I don't think too much of Skumpy. Newbies play differently, and different doesn't equal scummy.
That's a suspiciously un-opinion-ated comment. Surely he's felt something about me one way or the other? (go ahead anybody, say the line).

Gkrieg, chairs, staying in the shadows, not shredding much light on anything.

XX, I don't know what to think. We play very differently, and I'm not sure if it's a standard first-time-scum play to keep quiet and out of sight or a first-time-town play to keep quiet while they try to get a read on things. I was leaning more towards the former for a while, not so sure anymore.

DatSwan, obviously nothing.

I don't think it's Andrew.

If Galzria is scum, the comments of other people suggest that I'm not going to be figuring him out for a while. Very quickly unvoted for me after TWM's post, was he really swayed or was he getting off a sinking ship?

A joke for everybody: what do you get if you cross an Elephant and a Rhino? Answer: 'Hell If I Know', which is the answer to your question Teproc. I'll stick with Jake for now, but I could be convinced to switch to several others, probably Robz at the top of the stack. We'll see which way the wind blows I guess.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: M105: Time Management Mafia (N0!)
« Reply #285 on: August 04, 2017, 02:27:45 pm »

Vote Count 1.3

faust (1): Roadrunner7671
The_Wine_Merchant (1): AndrewisFTTW
Robz888 (1): gkrieg13
JaketheBaseballGod22 (4): faust, Robz888, The_Wine_Merchant, Skumpy
Skumpy (2): Xxraptorslayer96, JaketheBaseballGod22

Not voting (4): DatSwan, chairs, Galzria, Teproc

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends Sunday, August 6 at 1:00 pm forum time.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 04, 2017, 02:38:38 pm »

Chat away skumpy.

Very well Xx. Since I've attempted far more than enough reads for day 1...how's your week been?
That entire part with the 4 types was why I voted you.
Baseball For Life

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 04, 2017, 02:47:07 pm »

He's null to me this game so far which is slightly wierd because I usually have a very strong read on him one way or another. 
Baseball For Life

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 04, 2017, 02:58:05 pm »

I could join the Robz train.

Problem is... I can't really put my finger on why I find him scummy. I think part of it is his feigned lack of understanding in regards to my early wagon. While the wagon was wrong (note: not bad. Almost all wagons have value), I didn't think it was hard to understand. It felt like he was helping derail my wagon with no good reason for him to do so - that is, I have a hard time understanding town!Robz taking the stance he did unless it's to try and garner town points down the line at some point.

It's not a good argument, I know. Which is partially why I struggle with being town so much. As scum I can make crap up. As town I'm generally trying to make something from nothing and end up with... well, not very much.

It's just a gut read I suppose. Maybe Robz just reads me crazy well. But it really rubs me wrong when others defend me - even passively as he did.

Bleh. Sure, vote: Robz
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 04, 2017, 03:00:32 pm »

Problem is... I can't really put my finger on why I find him scummy. I think part of it is his feigned lack of understanding in regards to my early wagon. While the wagon was wrong (note: not bad. Almost all wagons have value), I didn't think it was hard to understand. It felt like he was helping derail my wagon with no good reason for him to do so - that is, I have a hard time understanding town!Robz taking the stance he did unless it's to try and garner town points down the line at some point.

It's not a good argument, I know. Which is partially why I struggle with being town so much. As scum I can make crap up. As town I'm generally trying to make something from nothing and end up with... well, not very much.

It's just a gut read I suppose. Maybe Robz just reads me crazy well. But it really rubs me wrong when others defend me - even passively as he did.

I just didn't want you to get lynched right off the bat!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 04, 2017, 03:00:42 pm »

The bolded thought got it's wires crossed. I have a hard time seeing Town!Robz acting the way he did - whereas scum!Robz has no reason to push my lynch there and he could be trying to buy town points down the line.

Still not a great argument mind you, but it's what I meant to say there.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 04, 2017, 03:02:19 pm »

I'd love to tell you I have a pretty good idea, but I really don't. I posted the best reads I had around the time faust was leaving, and they haven't changed much from that.

You'll have to take my word for it that TWM read me perfectly, and only as a token of my gratitude, he gets a pass from me for a while. But as I said before, it's easier to read people when you know for a fact they're town. Is TWM known to be a good reader or no? Or are their people here who are normally good readers who completely blew it on this one?

I feel OK about leaving my vote on Jake for now, but I have to think that if he is town, there's at least 1 scum on his wagon right now, a feeling supported by the fact that I was uneasy by all of them before they even started voting for him. My stronger town reads feelings have been close to faust's and my feelings on the wagons have been similar to Robz's.

That's a suspiciously un-opinion-ated comment. Surely he's felt something about me one way or the other? (go ahead anybody, say the line).

Gkrieg, chairs, staying in the shadows, not shredding much light on anything.

XX, I don't know what to think. We play very differently, and I'm not sure if it's a standard first-time-scum play to keep quiet and out of sight or a first-time-town play to keep quiet while they try to get a read on things. I was leaning more towards the former for a while, not so sure anymore.

DatSwan, obviously nothing.

I don't think it's Andrew.

If Galzria is scum, the comments of other people suggest that I'm not going to be figuring him out for a while. Very quickly unvoted for me after TWM's post, was he really swayed or was he getting off a sinking ship?

A joke for everybody: what do you get if you cross an Elephant and a Rhino? Answer: 'Hell If I Know', which is the answer to your question Teproc. I'll stick with Jake for now, but I could be convinced to switch to several others, probably Robz at the top of the stack. We'll see which way the wind blows I guess.

Sorry, I lost my cell phone and my car AND I'm moving this week so I haven't been as active as I was hoping. Thanks for calling me out though (I don't mean that sarcastically) - I didn't realize I was hanging back.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 04, 2017, 03:02:54 pm »

I'm always down for a Robz lynch!

vote: Robz888

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 04, 2017, 03:04:00 pm »

I just didn't want you to get lynched right off the bat!

I didn't want to get lynched right off the bat either - but I know I'm town! Town!Robz plays "the good guy" far less than Scum!Robz in my experience. Not that it's a solid point - but I just don't feel you jump to my rescue as town all that often without an actual good reason to do so.

Mafia Record:

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 04, 2017, 03:14:05 pm »

Chat away skumpy.

What's wrong with lists?? Their awesome.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 04, 2017, 03:15:46 pm »

Vote: TWM

He's acting.... weird.

Don't feel one way or another about Jake, will move my vote there if I have to.
He is but probably town.

That you for your input mr. randomly appearing one-liner mafia genie man!

You didn't ask me but he made this big case on Skumpy and was very civil and patient towards him, which is different than how he acted with me, and then just abandoned skumpy for no reason and went after Jake. He's also just generally a lot more active and involved than I would expect him to be D1.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 04, 2017, 03:52:33 pm »

My reason, Galz, was that it would be nice to have a game where we are on the same side, so why not home that's the case for now?

Obviously scum!Robz would come up with something more convincing than this...
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 04, 2017, 04:06:46 pm »

Chat away skumpy.

What's wrong with lists?? Their awesome.
Not about the fashion of expression of info but the content.
Baseball For Life

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
Re: M105: Time Management Mafia (N0!)
« Reply #298 on: August 04, 2017, 05:36:48 pm »

Vote Count 1.3

faust (1): Roadrunner7671
The_Wine_Merchant (1): AndrewisFTTW
Robz888 (1): gkrieg13
JaketheBaseballGod22 (4): faust, Robz888, The_Wine_Merchant, Skumpy
Skumpy (2): Xxraptorslayer96, JaketheBaseballGod22

Not voting (4): DatSwan, chairs, Galzria, Teproc

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends Sunday, August 6 at 1:00 pm forum time.
I guess Jake didn't nearly jump as large of a wagon as I had thought. Makes my point less strong.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 04, 2017, 05:37:32 pm »

He's null to me this game so far which is slightly wierd because I usually have a very strong read on him one way or another.
I am not confident you are even reading my posts at this point.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 56  All

Page created in 2.688 seconds with 19 queries.