Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 56  All

Author Topic: M105: Time Management Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 146397 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M105: Time Management Mafia (D1)
« Reply #200 on: August 02, 2017, 01:44:45 am »

Also, "I wouldn't do that as scum" is the most overused and ridiculous argument ever - used pretty equally by town and scum alike.

I wonder, how else do you suggest someone should defend themselves from accusations of being scum if not by pointing out things that they wouldn't do as scum?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 02, 2017, 01:46:45 am »

When another player says something I was thinking, or expresses a similar sentiment, without me prompting them or indicating that I feel this way, I read them as town.

No offense, but that's a crappy scumhunting technique.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 02, 2017, 01:48:10 am »

Not sue what you mean about letting others get into debates. Why would I debate things I don't have an opinion or read on?
In order to poke at people to figure out their alignment.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 02, 2017, 01:49:55 am »

The point is that you seem to be trying delegitimize his points on you by making him look like a punk that is picking on you. Nobody wants to side with a bully. But the point is perfectly valid.

Absolutely NOT what I'm doing. I disagree with him sure, but I'm not painting him as a bully or a punk. Just saying I don't feel like arguing with him anymore.
Then I am misinterpreting.
I think so. Andrew often reads like this to other people, and that is why he gets mislynched a lot.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 02, 2017, 02:07:23 am »

Not sure what I'm supposed to be doing with Jake... he comes in here, posts a series of one-liners, the only reads he gives are scum on me and town on Skumpy, which must be the least surprising reads ever - no comment on any other wagon, even if there are a couple to choose from. Instead we get to know that he likes lists.

Let's see where a vote: Jake gets us. I think the Galzria wagon has outlived its usefulness.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 02, 2017, 02:08:11 am »

Request prod on Xx

Doesn't help that the mod is VLA as well. I'm not sure my last prod to RR even got delivered yet.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 02, 2017, 04:44:30 am »

Request prod on Xx

Sorry just a slow D1. Waiting for a slip up or something truly scummy. Still just trying who to find the scum amongst the rest.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 02, 2017, 05:16:37 am »

Request prod on Xx

Sorry just a slow D1. Waiting for a slip up or something truly scummy. Still just trying who to find the scum amongst the rest.

How* not who

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 02, 2017, 06:25:08 am »

vote: Skumpy

Yeah yeah I know, newbies and all, but there are three newbies in this game, we can't afford to take them all off the table.

This kind of self-awareness is manufactured. Shades of Ichi in DWII : clever newbie that was coached to appear as newbie-ish as possible but couldn't hide the fact that he knew stuff and came across as fake.

Also, how does a new town player make a joke about stuff being discussed in his scum QT night 0 ? Don't buy it.

Andrew is town.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 02, 2017, 08:43:19 am »

vote: RR. Even if that's the hammer, this is ridiculous.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: August 02, 2017, 10:12:37 am »

Can I suggest that the IC be less open about their reads? Unless of course this is all just a clever ploy to let mafia slip up. But well, that's what I thought the last time you posted a read, and nothing came out of it, so now is probably a good time to mention this.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 02, 2017, 10:26:24 am »

Request prod on Xx

Unfortunately, your waiting does not help us figure out if you are town.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 02, 2017, 12:19:48 pm »

Can I suggest that the IC be less open about their reads? Unless of course this is all just a clever ploy to let mafia slip up. But well, that's what I thought the last time you posted a read, and nothing came out of it, so now is probably a good time to mention this.

I know. You're right, I shouldn't have commented on Andrew, but I don't think I should entirely refrain from voting and making cases, do you ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 02, 2017, 12:36:28 pm »

Saw that one coming from a mile away. I like how it went 'guys, get on reading skump'. After townie reads from 5 (or so) different people, you decide I'm skum. I'm not dumb enough to think that everyone who pledged support for me is town, but I do love how you've been hoping someone would start the wagon on me, and when nobody does, you do it yourself.

This kind of self-awareness is manufactured. Shades of Ichi in DWII : clever newbie that was coached to appear as newbie-ish as possible but couldn't hide the fact that he knew stuff and came across as fake.

To be honest, I don't really care about winning this game, I just really want to win that shiny Newbie of the Year award I saw. Thanks for the compliment  :D Since I wasn't coached, I guess that means I'm just 'clever newbie'. So yeah, pretty cool. In all seriousness, If I'm supposed to have been coached, whom do you suspect? Faust? Galz? Robz?

Also, how does a new town player make a joke about stuff being discussed in his scum QT night 0 ? Don't buy it.

I did it by looking at the statement and identifying an opportunity for me to employ situational irony. The reason why that works and comes off as humorous (ideally) is because it's not expected that after someone mentions that I might scumslip, I will instantly do so even with my very recent warning.

Here's the funny thing though. Going into the game, I expected to get accused at some point because I knew my posts would come off as questionable and I was ready to give some major townie cred to whoever accused me because I doubted scum would start the Skumpy file. So you were literally the last person out of 12 I wanted voting for me.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 02, 2017, 12:37:59 pm »

If you need anything else, officer, feel free to ask!
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 02, 2017, 02:29:00 pm »

Saw that one coming from a mile away. I like how it went 'guys, get on reading skump'. After townie reads from 5 (or so) different people, you decide I'm skum. I'm not dumb enough to think that everyone who pledged support for me is town, but I do love how you've been hoping someone would start the wagon on me, and when nobody does, you do it yourself.
You are aware that Teproc is confirmed town?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 02, 2017, 02:32:40 pm »

I know. You're right, I shouldn't have commented on Andrew, but I don't think I should entirely refrain from voting and making cases, do you ?
Ideally you should refrain from that I think. But given the slow pace of this game, it's probably better to give people things to discuss.

I don't really think Skumpy is town but can see where you're coming from. Still, I'd probably prefer a lurker lynch over Skumpy.

I will be here early tomorrow (my time) before I'm off and will place a final vote.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 02, 2017, 02:36:59 pm »

I sort of think Skumpy is scum but I hate to punish an active newbie.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 02, 2017, 02:59:52 pm »

I sort of think Skumpy is scum but I hate to punish an active newbie.

Do what you gotta do, don't let the newbieness get in the way. Please don't, because you're wrong, but don't let my status stop you. For what it's worth, I was feeling the same way as you about both the Galz and the Andrew wagon, but while you once said that you trust people who think the same (which is me), I don't trust them (which is you).

I don't really think Skumpy is town but can see where you're coming from. Still, I'd probably prefer a lurker lynch over Skumpy.

Wait, what's your opinion of me? You posted once that you thought I was almost for sure town, then this post has 2 sentiments that I'm skum and 1 that I'm town.

You are aware that Teproc is confirmed town?

I know. I never accused him of being scum, it was an expression of amusement. Lots have said I'm town (though I'm pretty sure that cred is slipping away, as I expected it would at some point), but Teproc still has had his beady little eyes on me this whole time (I'm picturing them as beady in my head anyways).

I'll be lurking around for a while since I get bored and frustrated a lot, so please keep communicating, I'm lonely. I'll try to make a better read later, though I highly doubt a Skumpy day 1 vote will ever be accurate. At this point, the only person who I'd be shocked to see be scum, besides Teproc, is Andrew. Everybody else is still pretty darn shady.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 02, 2017, 03:48:45 pm »

Wait, what's your opinion of me? You posted once that you thought I was almost for sure town, then this post has 2 sentiments that I'm skum and 1 that I'm town.
Sorry, that should read "I don't really think Skumy is scum".

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 02, 2017, 05:41:26 pm »

Wait, what's your opinion of me? You posted once that you thought I was almost for sure town, then this post
has 2 sentiments that I'm skum and 1 that I'm town.
Sorry, that should read "I don't really think Skumy is scum".
I agree
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 02, 2017, 06:48:57 pm »

Request prod on Xx

Understand, I'll try to be more active

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 02, 2017, 07:21:52 pm »

Request prod on Xx

Understand, I'll try to be more active

Yours is the slip others might be waiting for!

Also if you don't want to do the captcha each time you post, you just need to post at least once in the non-forum games part of the forum.  Any post, anywhere (well not RSP either) will dol

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 02, 2017, 07:28:58 pm »

Has Jake made even a single post yet? If so, he's uncharacteristically forgettable here. Vote: Jake
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 02, 2017, 07:53:14 pm »

Posts 193, 194, 195, 196, 197 & 198 were all Jake.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 56  All

Page created in 0.355 seconds with 19 queries.