Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: You die, and Death lets you pick a game to play to win your life back. Which?  (Read 3984 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
+1

Question I found on reddit that I felt might be appropriate:  You are killed and Death lets you choose a game to challenge him at for another chance at life. What game do you choose?

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/6nlotz/you_are_killed_and_death_lets_you_choose_a_game/
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1843
    • View Profile
+7

The choice is obvious: a Dominion game with Possession and Donate

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1758
    • View Profile

The choice is obvious: a Dominion game with Possession and Donate

Make sure you add Lurker too.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile

Didn't read the Reddit but I suspect a quarter flip has to be towards the top giving clean 50% odds of winning.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: drsteelhammer
  • Respect: +1471
    • View Profile
+2

Rebuild mirror, atleast it'll be over quickly
Join the Dominion League!

There is no bad shuffle that can not be surmounted by scorn.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1384
    • View Profile
+1

Do I have to win, or do I just have to not lose? Because if the latter, I'll pick noughts and crosses.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +559
    • View Profile
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
+2

Obligatory:

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
+5

I reckon that the death is slacking off here and having some fun instead of doing his job. No way is he going to slack off and play big money, so you just need to give him a Dominion kingdom with a highly complex engine with no trashing, that can't score big in the endgame and is quite likely to stall out. He's bound to go for it, especially if he can have a procession of death carts.

MatthewCA

• Thief
  • Respect: +86
    • View Profile
+2

Question I found on reddit that I felt might be appropriate:  You are killed and Death lets you choose a game to challenge him at for another chance at life. What game do you choose?

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/6nlotz/you_are_killed_and_death_lets_you_choose_a_game/

Just skimmed through it, almost died laughing at this

NasSon53 • 13d
Basketball 1) That's my thing 2) Dude's literally all bones. I'm posting him up all day

Budster650 • 12d
Worst case scenario: you get dunked on by a fucking skeleton. That'd be pretty rad.

If I was in this scenario however, I'd for sure choose Russian Roulette.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile

Obviously the rules aren't clear enough here. Is death considered older than me for starting player considerations? Do I have to win, keep him from winning, or both? In the first case, play a dumb cooperative educational game that's trivial to win even if death tries to sabotage it. In the second case, MatthewCA made a good suggestion. The third case depends on death's skill and tendency to cheat. If he's great at games but doesn't cheat, pick a game that's got poor rules and enables cheating a lot. If he cheats or can easily look through you cheating and sucks at games, which I guess is unlikely, pick the complex game you're best at. If he's greaat at games and you can't cheat, go back to the coin toss.

teamlyle

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: La-Ya
  • Ah... German Hello?
  • Respect: +330
    • View Profile

What about Cheat Dominion? You can cheat, and if you get caught you have to put it back and gain 2 curses and 2 ruins. Me and my IRL friends have never gone back to regular Dominion...
"In your face." -Jacob
"Ooh. You just got burned." -Jack
"First place again, disciple!" -Ruikai
"Ugh... 399 cursors. Time to hack!" -Ben
"You gotta do your homework, dude!" -Yul
"Come on man, let the plat play." -The Plat
"It's nice to have a good 'in your face' every once in a while." -Jacob
"OBJECTION!!! The witness is being SUPER gross." -Phoenix Wright
"Milord, Inquisitor Fey sentences that burger to my stomach!" -Maya Fey
"Dude, I only had 4 cups of coffee this morning so I'm gonna crash." -Swi
"Okay, okay. My team name is: Team Lyle: the Advancing Armadillo." -Lyle
"I’m sorry Cedric, we just have to do what we have to do to get me to be a op." -Paul
"Well, I prefer loyal people. I don’t want anyone to be a La-Ya except for me." -La-Ya
"I don't play Monkey vs. Monkey. I'm too busy in pacifist mode, watching my buildings survive and thrive!" -Joshua
Lyle's mom: Are you guys going to play regular Dominion, or are you going to play cheat?
Lyle: Of course we're playing Cheat Dominion!

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
+6

Once Death mentions the game, don't you automatically win?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5158
    • View Profile
+4

What about Cheat Dominion? You can cheat, and if you get caught you have to put it back and gain 2 curses and 2 ruins. Me and my IRL friends have never gone back to regular Dominion...
I don't always cheat, but when I do, I have a Watchtower in hand.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12867
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
+1

Trader + Feodum is a pretty OP combo too. As soon as you get the Trader in hand, you can just cheat ten times and you immediately have 13 point Feoda.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1492
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
+2

Trader + Feodum is a pretty OP combo too. As soon as you get the Trader in hand, you can just cheat ten times and you immediately have 13 point Feoda.

And the best part is that if your friends catch on and just allow you to cheat so you can't pull off that combo, you can just cheat by gaining the entire silver pile!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.