Dominion > Dominion General Discussion

Is it ever worthwhile to buy trashers on a Donate board?

(1/3) > >>

JacquesTheBard:
Dominion is full of glorious edge-cases. Obviously I can see picking up cards that give benefits other than trashing. Getting Steward for draw, for example. I can also see the addition of trash for benefit cards. Maybe a single trasher to activate Market Squares mid-turn. But cards where thinning is the whole point, like Chapel? They're borderline obsolete.

terminalCopper:
Against junk attacks, you want a trasher to avoid getting 8 debt on a regular basis.

aku_chi:
There are plenty of cases where you want a trasher in a Donate kingdom if there is junking or the trasher does something else for you.  I've played Donate games where Trader or Bishop played a big role after Donating.  I played one Donate game where I got a Forager just for the +buy (so I had to keep some junk around to gain multiple cards per turn post-Donate).

The Chapel case is certainly more edgecasey.  Maybe you're setting up some kind of Chapel + Tomb payload or golden deck, maybe with Fortresses.  I thought about Beggar first, but then I realized that if there are any villages, Donate would be better for the trashing: a deck of 3 Villages and 4 Beggars would generate 12 VP per turn until the Coppers run out.

faust:
There's definitely a case for Chapel > Donate on a Alms board.

ackmondual:

--- Quote from: JacquesTheBard on July 11, 2017, 03:49:12 pm ---Dominion is full of glorious edge-cases. Obviously I can see picking up cards that give benefits other than trashing. Getting Steward for draw, for example. I can also see the addition of trash for benefit cards. Maybe a single trasher to activate Market Squares mid-turn. But cards where thinning is the whole point, like Chapel? They're borderline obsolete.

--- End quote ---
There actually are cases to get 2 Chapels, so why not?

Trashing cards to get VP from Tomb. 
Buying Estates to get VP from Battlefield, then trash those. 
TfB trashers.
Buying Copper to get VP from Basilica or Labyrinth

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version