Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Save The Date: Official Dominion Tournament at U-Con, Nov 18 2017, Ypsilanti, MI  (Read 6175 times)

Elestan

• Witch
  • Respect: +428
    • View Profile
+3

EDIT:Pre-registration is now open; just click on the 'Add' button and proceed through the checkout process.  You'll need a tournament ticket and a convention badge.

Register
It's that time again!  Join us for another epic clash of Dominion masters!  Compete against all the handles you've gotten to know here, using real cards!

This tournament is sanctioned by Rio Grande, judged by the current World Champion, and will be a qualifier for the World Masters, if there is one in 2018.  All players receive promotional cards!

The competition will feature custom-designed kingdoms drawn from all of the Dominion sets and expansions, and will emphasize strategy and high-level play. 

Exact event times and registration details will be posted once available.

If you can, I'd encourage everyone to pick out other games to play in and attend the whole convention, which runs from Nov 17-19, all day (and late into the night Friday and Saturday).  For out of town visitors, discounted hotel rooms will be available.

I hope to see you there!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 12:22:42 pm by Elestan »

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile

what

how did you picture like that
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Elestan

• Witch
    • View Profile

how did you picture like that

It's a float block, similar to what I used here.  Quote a reply to see the code for it.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile

when i quote it and do toggle view the only thing added to the img tag is "alt=Register" and then previewing that just puts the picture at the top
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Elestan

• Witch
    • View Profile

when i quote it and do toggle view the only thing added to the img tag is "alt=Register" and then previewing that just puts the picture at the top

There should also be a "float=right" tag enclosing the img tag.

The73rdvirgin

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
+7

Hi All,

This is my first forum post on this site. I just started playing around Christmas, and I am totally hooked. I go to the University of Michigan and was absolutely blown away by my luck (about as good as getting a 5-2 in a game with page and Mountebank). Super stoked for the tournament.

As someone who has never played in a dominion tournament (I have played in chess tournaments for years) what do I need to know to be ready to compete (rules, regulations, entry fees, memberships, etc.).

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Elestan

• Witch
    • View Profile

As someone who has never played in a dominion tournament (I have played in chess tournaments for years) what do I need to know to be ready to compete (rules, regulations, entry fees, memberships, etc.).

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Awesome, great to have you!

First off, if you're relatively new to the game, get in as much practice as you can, online and off; we have some very good players in this area.  Try to get to the point where you've at least played a bit with every card.

It'll cost around $25-30 for a convention badge (the convention runs Fri-Sun, and this money mainly pays for the space), and another $10 for the tournament ticket (this money covers prizes and tournament supplies).

You will get to stack your deck at the start of the game.

All games will be 3-player, with 4-player where necessary.  There are generally four prelim rounds, narrowing the field to nine players.  Then three semifinal games, with the top three advancing to a single-game final.  All players at the final table receive prizes, and the winner is pre-qualified for the finals of the Dominion World Masters (usually held at GenCon, with a $1000 top prize).

The73rdvirgin

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
+1

Sweet. I have been playing a ton. I actually already have access to every expansion except for dark ages and guilds (and I get a decent amount of play with those online). Is dominion.games the best site for online play? I win most games I play on there, and I was wondering if there was a website for higher elo play.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

Is dominion.games the best site for online play? I win most games I play on there, and I was wondering if there was a website for higher elo play.

It's the official site and the only one that's allowed to exist.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1183
    • View Profile

Sweet. I have been playing a ton. I actually already have access to every expansion except for dark ages and guilds (and I get a decent amount of play with those online). Is dominion.games the best site for online play? I win most games I play on there, and I was wondering if there was a website for higher elo play.

You could try the league for some more consistent quality games maybe.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
+2

I'm rusty but I'm hopeful to make it again.  This is just too close to home to miss it.

Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
+1

I've gone to this tournament a couple times. It was lots of fun both times!

Elestan

• Witch
    • View Profile
+1

...and I hope we'll see you (and liopoil) again!

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile

...and I hope we'll see you (and liopoil) again!
liopoil is gone for his freshman year of college. I don't think I've played Dominion since the last tournament, two years ago! If a bunch of fds'ers I know sign up, I will try to come say hi to everyone.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.34 seconds with 21 queries.