Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Kings court  (Read 2078 times)

cvilleartist

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Kings court
« on: June 30, 2017, 05:39:56 pm »

Newby here. Playing  Kings Court: I just played a 2 player game where I had multiple Kings Courts and Markets (due to quarries). I Kings Courted a Kings Court. Played a Market. Took 3 cards, played a third Kings Court. My husband gave up at that point and let me try to figure it out on my own. How does this play out?

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1379
    • View Profile
Re: Kings court
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 05:49:26 pm »
+2

Newby here. Playing  Kings Court: I just played a 2 player game where I had multiple Kings Courts and Markets (due to quarries). I Kings Courted a Kings Court. Played a Market. Took 3 cards, played a third Kings Court. My husband gave up at that point and let me try to figure it out on my own. How does this play out?
KC1 played...
...plays KC2 three times
First play of KC2 plays Market, drawing 3 cards and getting +3 Actions, +3 Buys and +3 Coins.
Second play of KC2 plays KC3 three times.

You first resolve the three plays of KC3 - playing three actions three times each - and then resolve the third play of KC2.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1781
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 05:52:01 pm »
+1

Useful guide: you have a chain of N King's courts, each targeting King's Court, you will be able to triple 2*N-1 non-King's Court actions. So if you have King's Court playing King's Court playing King's Court (N=3), you can triple 5 actions. The first KC plays the second KC. The second KC plays the third KC and two more actions. The third KC plays three more actions.

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 09:06:45 pm »

Jack forgot the +3 cards. So the KC-Market would give you +3 Cards, +3 Actions, +3 Buys, +3 Coins.

(Also, this thread should be in General Discussion or Rules Questions.)

Welcome to the forum!

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 09:51:16 am »

The Golden Mountebank Hand: 2 KC, 3 Mountebanks.
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 04:10:10 pm »

Also, note that KCing a Market doesn't give you +3 Cards, +3 Actions, +3 Buys, and +$3 in that order.  What actually happens is +1 Card, +1 Action, +1 Buy, +$1, +1 Card, +1 Action, +1 Buy, +$1, +1 Card, +1 Action, +1 Buy, +$1.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1379
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 04:46:14 pm »
+2

Also, note that KCing a Market doesn't give you +3 Cards, +3 Actions, +3 Buys, and +$3 in that order.  What actually happens is +1 Card, +1 Action, +1 Buy, +$1, +1 Card, +1 Action, +1 Buy, +$1, +1 Card, +1 Action, +1 Buy, +$1.
Which is not particularly relevant in the specific case of Market, but matters for some other cards.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.