Dominion > Dominion Articles

Kings court

(1/2) > >>

cvilleartist:
Newby here. Playing  Kings Court: I just played a 2 player game where I had multiple Kings Courts and Markets (due to quarries). I Kings Courted a Kings Court. Played a Market. Took 3 cards, played a third Kings Court. My husband gave up at that point and let me try to figure it out on my own. How does this play out?

Jack Rudd:

--- Quote from: cvilleartist on June 30, 2017, 05:39:56 pm ---Newby here. Playing  Kings Court: I just played a 2 player game where I had multiple Kings Courts and Markets (due to quarries). I Kings Courted a Kings Court. Played a Market. Took 3 cards, played a third Kings Court. My husband gave up at that point and let me try to figure it out on my own. How does this play out?

--- End quote ---
KC1 played...
...plays KC2 three times
First play of KC2 plays Market, drawing 3 cards and getting +3 Actions, +3 Buys and +3 Coins.
Second play of KC2 plays KC3 three times.

You first resolve the three plays of KC3 - playing three actions three times each - and then resolve the third play of KC2.

JW:

--- Quote from: cvilleartist on June 30, 2017, 05:39:56 pm ---Newby here. Playing  Kings Court: I just played a 2 player game where I had multiple Kings Courts and Markets (due to quarries). I Kings Courted a Kings Court. Played a Market. Took 3 cards, played a third Kings Court. My husband gave up at that point and let me try to figure it out on my own. How does this play out?

--- End quote ---

Useful guide: you have a chain of N King's courts, each targeting King's Court, you will be able to triple 2*N-1 non-King's Court actions. So if you have King's Court playing King's Court playing King's Court (N=3), you can triple 5 actions. The first KC plays the second KC. The second KC plays the third KC and two more actions. The third KC plays three more actions.

Polk5440:
Jack forgot the +3 cards. So the KC-Market would give you +3 Cards, +3 Actions, +3 Buys, +3 Coins.

(Also, this thread should be in General Discussion or Rules Questions.)

Welcome to the forum!

McGarnacle:
The Golden Mountebank Hand: 2 KC, 3 Mountebanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version