Dominion > Dominion General Discussion

The swingiest card ever

(1/17) > >>

Burning Skull:
You are a true King of Dominion. Your plays are 93% correct all the time.
You park the limo in front of your palace and head inside, waving to peasants, who are blinded by your beautiful golden teeth and leopard leggings.
With an aristocratic gesture you put your shades on and start a new game, sure of your inevitable victory even before seeing the kingdom.
Few minutes have passed and OH MY GOD, what is this? You've lost the game!!! Your palace burns, your are on your knees, barking like a dog, crying, chewing paper.
Peasants are all around, they are happy, they pillage, they laugh, they find you and hang you in the ball room, beforehand letting you know they never actually thought you are a good Dominion player.

So what led to this terrible disaster? Were there maybe some bad choices you've made in the game? Impossible, you are the King after all!
It must have been luck! What card did this cruel thing to you?
Was it a Chapel, missing the shuffle and colliding with a freshly bought Duchess? Was it a Bag of Gold, which your opponent stole from you in a Tournament? Or was your entire deck Swindled into Curses?

What is this unholy abomination of a card, which will serve you as a tombstone?

Awaclus:
I don't think anything comes even close to Chapel. If your opponent opens 5/2 and you don't and there's a $5 worth opening with, you're pretty screwed. If your Chapel collides with your other card, you're pretty screwed. If your Chapel misses the reshuffle, you're completely screwed. At least Sauna gives you a chance to recover by including two separate splits, both of which you want to win so even if you fall behind on trashing, you can win the splits to make up for it a little, although it's also a pretty big offender.

LastFootnote:

--- Quote from: Awaclus on June 26, 2017, 08:03:50 am ---I don't think anything comes even close to Chapel. If your opponent opens 5/2 and you don't and there's a $5 worth opening with, you're pretty screwed. If your Chapel collides with your other card, you're pretty screwed. If your Chapel misses the reshuffle, you're completely screwed. At least Sauna gives you a chance to recover by including two separate splits, both of which you want to win so even if you fall behind on trashing, you can win the splits to make up for it a little, although it's also a pretty big offender.

--- End quote ---

Even if your Chapel collides with 4 Coppers, you're pretty screwed compared to an opponent who was able to trash an Estate or two on turn 3 or 4.

McGarnacle:
I went with Tournament. The fact that it requires more steps to pull off I think makes it more swingy.

Watno:
Where is minion? It sure feels like the swingiest card ever?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version