Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44  All

Author Topic: RMM44: Firefly Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 110506 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: RMM44: Firefly Mafia (D5)
« Reply #975 on: July 23, 2017, 06:30:35 pm »

This feels like you're trying to draw Teproc into claiming.

Yeah and I guess the post where I told Teproc that I specifically want him to not claim also supports that narrative, right?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #976 on: July 23, 2017, 06:31:36 pm »

For reference:

Also Awaclus, thoughts on massclaiming ? Or at least making CJ and gkrig claim ? I guess we can do it tomorrow.

Well, I'm not strongly opposed to having CJ and gkrieg claim, but I think it can wait until we actually need that information, which is not the case today. I probably won't want to claim my own abilities ever, although I'm not sure how much (if at all) it would hurt if I did.

I also don't want you to claim your last ability unless it's something that we should take into account when coming up with these mission plans AND it doesn't matter if scum knows about it.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #977 on: July 23, 2017, 06:33:10 pm »

3) It would only take 1 vote stop you from being captain.  Nowhere near hammer territory. Feels like you're using scare tactics to hold on to your advantage.

However, stopping me from being captain and letting you or gkrieg be captain instead is objectively bad for town.

CheesyJelly

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: July 23, 2017, 06:40:28 pm »

2) Very vague and not very helpful.  What kind of forced win?  What would that look like?  We have to find scum to win, don't we?

As I've been saying for two days, we don't need to find scum. There are ways to guarantee a town win without any further scumhunting.

I want to believe you.  It would make life easier.  But you've stated it as fact without any evidence.  How can we win whilst scum are still alive?

This feels like you're trying to draw Teproc into claiming.

Yeah and I guess the post where I told Teproc that I specifically want him to not claim also supports that narrative, right?

Not trying to create a narrative.  I've been distracted this week, and there's every chance I missed things.  Thank you for clarifying.

3) It would only take 1 vote stop you from being captain.  Nowhere near hammer territory. Feels like you're using scare tactics to hold on to your advantage.

However, stopping me from being captain and letting you or gkrieg be captain instead is objectively bad for town.

To use your own argument:  For me, it's better that either me or Teproc become captain because I'm 100% and 90% sure (respectively) that we are town.  I cannot yet accept your case as objective fact.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #979 on: July 23, 2017, 06:52:03 pm »

I want to believe you.  It would make life easier.  But you've stated it as fact without any evidence.  How can we win whilst scum are still alive?

We can't, but there's at least one mission that automatically kills scum on success (it's the one whose special success (which is that it kills the entire remaining scum team) involves me, but you don't have to take my word for it — faust states in the setup post that it's possible for town to win without ever lynching someone), missions in general can give us PoE until the last scum is automatically outed, and there's also other shenanigans that I don't want to talk about more than you can already guess but let's just say the ability that costs 20 energy doesn't cost 20 energy for nothing.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #980 on: July 23, 2017, 06:58:59 pm »

Also, I didn't intend to mock you for being VLA, I'm just pretty excited about this game right now so I easily forget that other people have other things going on in their lives.

CheesyJelly

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: July 23, 2017, 07:02:21 pm »

We can't, but there's at least one mission that automatically kills scum on success (it's the one whose special success (which is that it kills the entire remaining scum team) involves me, but you don't have to take my word for it — faust states in the setup post that it's possible for town to win without ever lynching someone), missions in general can give us PoE until the last scum is automatically outed, and there's also other shenanigans that I don't want to talk about more than you can already guess but let's just say the ability that costs 20 energy doesn't cost 20 energy for nothing.
Ah I see.  I think I had the wrong definition of 'scumhunting', sorry.  I assumed that meant finding and killing scum.  I'm guessing it means specifically trying to find them out from scummy things they say.  And faust's post was based on the set-up.  For example, River can never get that vig power now, so it wasn't necessarily obvious from that alone.  I'm slightly worried that you're trying to encourage us to NOT look for scum for scummy reasons, but I better understand you now, thank you.

I'm gonna call it a night now - my brain is full and I would like Teproc to weigh in on stuff before pushing forward.

PPE: I didn't feel mocked!  I was genuinely sorry for missing stuff.  It's much cleaner if we don't have to go back and recap/restate everything.  I'm excited too, which is why I'm starting to get fighty!

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: July 23, 2017, 07:07:43 pm »

OR LaLight wasn't a vig, but had some sort of mutual-takedown power.  That's very Mal Reynolds.
This. I didn't want to comment on that in case CJ claimed vig, but I don't think we have a vig. I don't know if it's exatly that (Vengeful) and what caused the death that other night, but I don't think vig is it, or if so it was one-shot. Certainly I didn't think there was going to be a clearing claim coming today.

Awaclus, you still might claim some stuff at lylo. Having a JK makes things slightly different, but still. I would like to know what that 20-energy ability is, because believing it exists is a relatively important thing here.

But that can be tomorrow, or even later. There is, admittedly, a risk in going into night here. To gkrieg/CJ: Awaclus is going to be the captain, no matter what. Debate all you want on what constitutes ICness, but we certainly can't have any of you two be captain, and it'll take forever to make me captain. So there. Now, unless you have some stuff to claim, I think we should go into night. There'sa small chance we lose by doing this, yes, and then I'll feel really silly and we'll have messed up, but I think there's enough value there (the JK has a good chance can give us an extra lynch).
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: July 24, 2017, 02:35:24 am »

accept

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: July 24, 2017, 03:24:51 am »

Day 5 Final Vote Count

Not Voting (4):
CheesyJelly, Teproc, Awaclus, gkrieg13

Proposed crew: gkrieg

Accept (3): gkrieg13, Awaclus, Teproc
Refuse (0)

With 4 alive, it took 3 to approve a mission.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM44: Firefly Mafia (N5)
« Reply #985 on: July 24, 2017, 03:28:27 am »

While fleeing from the planet, one member of the crew secretly undocked one of the shuttles.

gkrieg13 embarks on a mission!

Night 5 begins and lasts until Tuesday, July 25 at 3:30 am forum time. Night actions are due before that.

THREAD LOCKED!

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM44: Firefly Mafia (D6)
« Reply #986 on: July 25, 2017, 04:20:27 am »

The crew found out that Inara and her shuttle were missing soon afterwards. Simon was sure she ran after seeing Serenity's crew completely dimished, and Zoe agreed. They met up with Kaylee in the engine room.

"Oh, Inara? No, she told me last night she wanted to do some investigating back on the planet." She looked at Zoe. "She knew you wouldn't approve. She asked me not to tell you."

That's when they heard the shuttle docking again. Inara stepped out, a large cut going across her right cheek, bleeding.

"Oh god, are you okay?" Kaylee ran towards her. They carried her to the infirmary. "I... learned something..." She said weakly.

The mission was a success!

Current energy level: 41
The ship uses 15 energy per night.

Vote Count 6.0

Not Voting (4): CheesyJelly, Teproc, Awaclus, gkrieg13

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch or the approve a mission. Day 6 lasts until August 1, 4:30 am forum time.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: July 25, 2017, 04:47:31 am »

Anybody learn anything?  We should massclaim eventually.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: July 25, 2017, 04:47:57 am »

I'm slightly surprised that Teproc isn't dead.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: July 25, 2017, 06:00:35 am »

Also we can probably do some clever things with my JK shot to solve who is the scum.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: July 25, 2017, 06:48:45 am »

I'm slightly surprised that Teproc isn't dead.

You shouldn't be. Shooting would have made you an IC, and if CJ is scum (or even Awaclus for that matter), you're the one they want to mislynch. And from my PoV of course, it's possible that you're scum and just couldn't shoot.

Anyway, we've got time and security now.

Interesting that Inara is hurt in the flavour.

Jailkeepeer, right. I don't know why, I thought Awaclus was getting it, not you... that's not great actually. I guess it was worth it for the energy, maybe.

Awaclus, have you found your mission ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #991 on: July 25, 2017, 07:26:33 am »

Yeah, I just drew the scum-killing mission I mentioned yesterday. It requires 3/3, costs 15 energy and the failure is that the highest ranking town member (i.e. me) dies. I think if we send me, Teproc and gkrieg, we should win for sure — if the mission fails, you have 2 ICs at LyLo, and if it succeeds, we win anyway. Anyone have any thoughts before I submit it?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: July 25, 2017, 07:28:22 am »

Yeah, I just drew the scum-killing mission I mentioned yesterday. It requires 3/3, costs 15 energy and the failure is that the highest ranking town member (i.e. me) dies. I think if we send me, Teproc and gkrieg, we should win for sure — if the mission fails, you have 2 ICs at LyLo, and if it succeeds, we win anyway. Anyone have any thoughts before I submit it?

That's fine with me. The fact that you want to submit this mission makes me feel better about you.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #993 on: July 25, 2017, 07:29:41 am »

Yeah, I guess it's also noteworthy that if I was lying about being town, the failure would out myself when someone other than me would die.

CheesyJelly

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: July 25, 2017, 08:00:50 am »

Awaclus is scum.

Y'all know by now that I'm Simon Tam the Doctor.  I used my First Aid ability on Teproc last night, and I get told if it successfully stops a kill.  Somebody attacked Teproc last night, and it can't have been gkrieg.  Teproc, I assume you didn't try to kill yourself?

I know you just have my word for this, but add the fact that Awaclus has been lying about being IC and lying about being able to win the game before with his 20 energy ability (Setup: "Some night actions may manipulate the ship's energy pool. Any such action can only be successful if the energy pool has at least the required amount at the time the action is taken; they cannot cause the energy level to drop below zero.").  My guess is that Zoey has ways of manipulating rank, and Awaclus is going to use the scum-hunting mission to kill town whilst looking townie.

Vote: Awaclus

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #995 on: July 25, 2017, 08:10:02 am »

I know you just have my word for this, but add the fact that Awaclus has been lying about being IC and lying about being able to win the game before with his 20 energy ability (Setup: "Some night actions may manipulate the ship's energy pool. Any such action can only be successful if the energy pool has at least the required amount at the time the action is taken; they cannot cause the energy level to drop below zero.").  My guess is that Zoey has ways of manipulating rank, and Awaclus is going to use the scum-hunting mission to kill town whilst looking townie.

Also setup:

At the end of the night, events will be resolved in this order:

1. Night actions are resolved as usual. Conflicting night actions are resolved by a predetermined scheme. Specific question on night action resolution for your own night actions can be requested via QT.

2. It is determined whether the mission was a success. Success or failure events happen (depending on Mission).

3. The ship uses energy

4. Players who have been killed die.

The ability can't cause the energy level to drop below zero, but it can cause it to drop below 7, and after that, the ship can cause it to drop below 0.

Also I don't have a way to manipulate rank. Now that I've claimed this, there's no way for me to kill town whilst looking townie.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #996 on: July 25, 2017, 08:13:11 am »

Also, I obviously didn't try to kill Teproc last night. This is pretty clearly just a desperate last attempt from scum who knows he's going to lose the game no matter what. However, we should still go on the mission instead of lynching CJ here because I can afford to do that.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: July 25, 2017, 09:19:27 am »

I do want you to claim your 20 energy action. I also think a mass claim might be good.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: July 25, 2017, 09:20:44 am »

Also important to note that this ICs me.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #999 on: July 25, 2017, 09:36:20 am »

I do want you to claim your 20 energy action. I also think a mass claim might be good.

It's a vig. I used it on pps, but I didn't kill ashersky, as I breadcrumbed here:

I highly doubt ash was a scum NK. -- I also don't think it was a vig kill, so there's probably some other shenanigans going on.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44  All

Page created in 1.3 seconds with 20 queries.