Dominion > Dominion Articles

Miser/Fountain Miser/Gardens

(1/2) > >>

Chappy7:
I read the Miser Thread, and I didn't see anyone mention this, but is has anyone tried/had success with Miser on a gardens board or with Fountain in the kingdom? Miser is usually pretty slow and not a great option, but I have always wondered if it would be any good with gardens or fountain, since you get to keep your coppers. If so, what would be the best way to make it work?

I don't own Adventures so I haven't tried it out on my own yet.

LastFootnote:
I think Miser is hard to pass up on Fountain boards. I haven't really thought about Miser/Gardens, but that also seems potentially good.

Awaclus:
Yeah, Miser tends to be good with Fountain. I don't think it's amazing with Gardens.

Jack Rudd:
My guess would be that Miser isn't a great addition to a Gardens rush or Gardens slog, but Gardens might be good alt-VP for an engine built with Miser as its trashing/economy card.

Chappy7:
These have kind of been my thoughts as well.
Miser would give you some "trashing" where normally you don't want any of that on a gardens board, and later you could buy a gardens or a duchy any turn it showed up, but I'm guessing by that time the game is almost over already and you would have been better off buying a gardens in the first place. 
Still, if anyone happens to try using miser as part of a gardens strategy, let me know how it goes.  I love finding ways to make bad cards good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version