Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New Promo card 2017 "Höflinge"  (Read 3105 times)

totor66

• Pawn
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
New Promo card 2017 "Höflinge"
« on: June 01, 2017, 07:07:23 am »
+1

Hello Dominion people

I stumbled accros this new promo card by checking my usual german shop and I went to this forum to see what is said about it ... But according to the search engine and the latest topic, well, I guess not so many people are aware of it :)

I don't have the most perfect german but here is my traduction, feel free to correct me

Reveal a card from your hand
For each card type it has, you can chose a different option
+ 1 action
+ 1 buy
+ 3G
Take a gold from the stack

And sorry if it was already spoken about here :) If that is the case, feel free to delete this post.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1379
    • View Profile
Re: New Promo card 2017 "Höflinge"
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 07:08:21 am »
+3

Otherwise known as Courtier. Really enjoys the company of Dame Josephine.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 07:10:03 am »

This is the card Courtier from the second edition of Intrigue, not a promo card.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

totor66

• Pawn
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 07:13:22 am »
+1

Damn I was mistaken by the title on the shop then, I guess I'll warn them

Funny thing, I purchased the update pack but have yet to play with it, I guess I would have spotted the mistake.

Sorry for the false joy :(

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: drsteelhammer
  • Respect: +1470
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 07:15:20 am »
+4

I'm pretty sure it's a promo in Germany, the expansion pack left it out.

In the English version it was just included in the regular pack
Join the Dominion League!

There is no bad shuffle that can not be surmounted by scorn.

sorawotobu

• Spy
  • Respect: +140
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 08:10:13 am »

I don't have the expansion pack, but according to the German Dominion facebook page, the update pack contains 14 new kingdom cards. It appears that Courtier is included separately from the other cards in a small pack equal in size to those of Promo cards, as can be seen in this picture.

Maybe they forgot to include Courtier in the first batch and these "promo" Courtiers are supposed to be shipped alongside the incomplete boxes. There is no official statement on any new promos.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 09:19:38 am »

I don't have the expansion pack, but according to the German Dominion facebook page, the update pack contains 14 new kingdom cards. It appears that Courtier is included separately from the other cards in a small pack equal in size to those of Promo cards, as can be seen in this picture.

Maybe they forgot to include Courtier in the first batch and these "promo" Courtiers are supposed to be shipped alongside the incomplete boxes. There is no official statement on any new promos.

Woah, that's different. In American / English Dominion, each upgrade pack is sold separately for 7 cards each; there's no box like that with 14 cards.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Holger

• Minion
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 01:41:21 pm »

Woah, that's different. In American / English Dominion, each upgrade pack is sold separately for 7 cards each; there's no box like that with 14 cards.

Even stranger, it's sold as an "expansion", not as an update pack; apparently they want to keep the old editions of Dominion and Intrigue in print in Germany. I wonder why that is the case - did Spiel des Jahres forbid RGG to change the base game? The cards are not meant to be an expansion, which are supposed to contain certain card types - e.g. they don't contain any (unconditional) village...

Dominionaer

• Golem
  • Respect: +66
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 05:01:28 pm »

I'm pretty sure it's a promo in Germany, the expansion pack left it out.

In the English version it was just included in the regular pack

AFAIK it is included in the german box also, but Höflinge (Courtier) should get used as Promo also.

They did not forgot, but the the combined Upgrades are to many for their standard production prozess of 150 cards. So the other 13 goes that way and Höflinge (Courtier) get produced in Promo format.

Dominionaer

• Golem
  • Respect: +66
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 05:17:01 pm »

Even stranger, it's sold as an "expansion", not as an update pack; apparently they want to keep the old editions of Dominion and Intrigue in print in Germany. I wonder why that is the case - did Spiel des Jahres forbid RGG to change the base game? The cards are not meant to be an expansion, which are supposed to contain certain card types - e.g. they don't contain any (unconditional) village...

Yeah, they put the german word for "expansion" in the place used for the expansion title and call it (translated) "supplement set" on their site: http://www.dominion-welt.de/erweiterungen/ergaenzungsset-basis-die-intrige/
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.