Dominion > Dominion Articles

Combo: Donate-market square.

(1/4) > >>

luser:
This simple strategy is stronger than hermit/market square and is usually best thing on board when present. It reliably gets one province/turn from turn 5 and plies them out by turn 12-13 and is immune to most attacks.

Strategy is:

turn 1-2: buy market square.

turn 3: If you are lucky to draw market square buy it and donate, otherwise just donate to trigger market squares. Your deck should contain total 5 coppers+golds.

turn 4: Again buy market squares and donate, you want to repay at least 1 debt this turn. Deck should be only golds and market squares.

turn 5: you have 15 to spend and at most 7 debt, buy one province.

turn 6: If opponent didn't mirror buying province you should be able to play at least 2 market squares to buy province, copper and donate and repay 4-7 debt. With mirror its time to province+duchy+copper.

turn 7+: buy province+duchy+coppers to make province-duchy turns more likely insteod of 12 turns.

AJD:
Why are we buying Coppers turns 6–7?

McGarnacle:
Funny this just came up in a IRL game yesterday. I got a bunch of Market Squares, then Donated. I played sub-optimally, but I still won by a lot.

Chris is me:

--- Quote from: AJD on May 26, 2017, 09:44:02 am ---Why are we buying Coppers turns 6–7?

--- End quote ---

To trash with Donate immediately after buying them, duh.

Anyhow I think this combo has been talked about on the forums already and is pretty much a lock for among the best combos. Sometimes you Donate / MS into something else but it has to be very quick to compete with the money version.

Kirian:
I hadn't even considered this.  This is cwazy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version