Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: the possession errata is the worst thing to happen to dominion in ages  (Read 16333 times)

Holger

• Minion
  • Respect: +468
    • View Profile

I think such a "Haggler-super-Smugglers" would be too weak
I don't follow you.

"Too weak for a Dominion card" is "I don't consider that ability when deciding whether or not to get the card." It's a low bar. Many effects that you wouldn't buy at $0 (except all the times you would) are nevertheless fine deals and interesting at $4 with +$2 tacked on. Haggler for example does not just haggle.

Sorry, I didn't mean that it's too weak for a Dominion card. (After all, Smugglers itself is a fine card.) I only meant that it's likely too weak for $6P, since it's substantially weaker than the printed Possession or the pure super-Smugglers. At a cheaper price (or even with something extra tacked on) it would certainly be fine.

ackmondual

• Witch
  • Respect: +294
    • View Profile
Re: the possession errata is the worst thing to happen to dominion in ages
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2017, 02:56:53 am »

I think Possession would be fine if it were only once per turn. But that's more words on the wordiest card in the game.
If we're already in errata territory, this seems moot.
Village, +2 Actions.  Village, +3 Actions.  Village, +4 Actions.  Village, +5 Actions.  Village, +6 Actions.  Village, +7 Actions.  Workers Village, +2 Buys, +8 Actions.  End Action Phase.  No Treasures to play.  No buy.  No Night cards to play
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.