Dominion > Dominion General Discussion

REQ: Largest Kingdom board setup combination (Max:61 Different Named cards?)

(1/7) > >>

DooWopDJ:
Updated to reflect the recommendations and rules clarifications.
DooWopDJ

Hello, hello
I have been playing Dominion for about 3 years and hope to become a contributing member to this forum.  So forgive my newbieness.

My first question.  I am interested in knowing the largest Kingdom setup possible using all of the available cards (and card-like (events and landmark cards).  Yes I understand Black Market give you the chance to use all Dominion card, but I prefer supply piles option at this point.

So here is my current 'largest Kingdom' setup

5 Base card piles
  4 - Base Victory Card piles - Estates, Duchy, Providence, Colony
  4 - Treasure Card piles - Copper, Silver, Gold, Platinum
  1 - Curse card
  1 - Potion card pile (see Vineyard)
  3 - Shelters (Hovel, Necropolis, Overgrown Estate)
Total = 13 differently named cards

10 Supply card piles (with their associated setup card piles)
  1  10 - Knight's pile (Sirs Bailey, Destry, Martin, Michael, Vander, Dames Anna, Josephine, Molly, Natalie, Sylvia)
  2    8 - Castle pile (Humble, Crumbling, Small, Haunted, Opulent, Sprawling, Grand, King's Castles)
  3    7 - Marauder and Spoils and 5 Ruins piles (Survivors, Abandoned Mine, Ruined Library, Ruined Market, Ruined Village) 
  4    6 - Tournament and Prize pile (Bag of Gold, Diadem, Followers, Princess, Trusty Steed)
  5    5 - Page Series piles - (Treasure Hunter, Warrior, Hero, Champion),
  6    5 - Peasant series (Soldier, Fugitive, Disciple, Teacher)
  7    3 - Young Witch/Urchin (and Mercenary) as bane card
  8    2 - Catapult/Rocks pile
  9    1 - Vineyard pile (required to add Potion Treasure card pile) (rules say only put out Potion card if 1 supply card has a Potion in cost)
  10  1 - Trade Route (required to add Colony and Platinum card piles)
Total = 48 differently named cards

Extra card piles 
     1 - Landmark card (per recommended 2 maximum per Kingdom setup) (Museum)
     1 - Event card (per recommended 2 maximum per Kingdom setup) (Advance)
Total = 2 differently named cards

Grand Total = 63 Differently Named Cards Kingdom setup.

Thanks
-DooWopDJ

GendoIkari:
Welcome to the forum! A few various comments about your setup:

The Landmarks recommendation is actually at most 2 combined Events+Landmarks, not 2 of each. So if you're following that, you should remove 2 cards. If you aren't following that (it's only a recommendation, not a rule), you should use all Events and all Landmarks.

Also, you are using Colony and Platinum piles, but there is no Prosperity card in the Kingdom, which isn't technically allowed.

If I'm reading it right, you list Shelters as a Supply card pile? That's not right, so you actually have room for 1 more supply pile (Something from Prosperity for maximum cards).

Also, are you going for most number of different cards? Or total number of cards? If the latter, then you'd want Rats. But if the former, then Split piles are better.

Not sure if you can count the Trash card... in the second edition it's been replaced with a mat, and it's really not a card or part of the Kingdom or game in any way; it's just a place to put trashed cards.

liopoil:
Looks like he's going for maximum number of differently named things that are part of the kingdom. If you take all of Gendo's suggestions I think it ends up at a total of 58 cards.

DooWopDJ:
Update on my current 'largest Kingdom' setup, based on previous post clarifications from Gendo. 

Note: Correct, I am going for the the Most Differently Named cards (not the most actual cards)

Kingdom Setup card piles

5 Base card piles
  4 - All Base Victory Card piles - Estates, Duchy, Providence, Colony
  5 - All Treasure Card piles - Copper, Silver, Gold, Platinum
  1 - Curse card
  1 - Potion card pile (see Vineyard)
  3 - Shelters (Hovel, Necropolis, Overgrown Estate)
Total = 14 differently named cards

10 Supply card piles (with their associated setup card piles)
  1  10 - Knight's pile (Sirs Bailey, Destry, Martin, Michael, Vander, Dames Anna, Josephine, Molly, Natalie, Sylvia)
  2    8 - Castle pile (Humble, Crumbling, Small, Haunted, Opulent, Sprawling, Grand, King's Castles)
  3    6 - Tournament and Prize pile (Bag of Gold, Diadem, Followers, Princess, Trusty Steed)
  4    4 - Page Series piles - (Treasure Hunter, Warrior, Hero, Champion),
  5    4 - Peasant series (Soldier, Fugitive, Disciple, Teacher)
  6    3 - Young Witch/Urchin (and Mercenary) as bane card
  7    3 - Marauder and Spoils and Ruins piles (Survivors, Abandoned Mine, Ruined Library, Ruined Market, Ruined Village)
  8    2 - Catapult/Rocks pile
  9    1 - Vineyard pile (required to add Potion Treasure card pile) (rules say only put out Potion card if 1 supply card has a Potion in cost)
  10  1 - Trade Route (required to add Colony and Platinum card piles)
Total = 42 differently named cards

Extra card piles 
     1 - Landmark card (per recommended 2 maximum per Kingdom setup) (Aqueduct)
     1 - Event card (per recommended 2 maximum per Kingdom setup) (Advance)
Total = 2 differently named cards

Grand Total = 58 Differently Named Cards Kingdom setup.

Note: Although my goal was for the most.  I would probably replace the Catapult/Rocks split pile with the Fairgrounds, so that I can have a card where 'Differently named matters'

Note: I could not find the 'rule' that GendoIkari mentioned about the '... Landmarks recommendation is actually at most 2 combined Events+Landmarks, not 2 of each...'

Thanks
-DooWopDJ

Mic Qsenoch:

--- Quote from: DooWopDJ on May 24, 2017, 04:29:34 pm ---Note: I could not find the 'rule' that GendoIkari mentioned about the '... Landmarks recommendation is actually at most 2 combined Events+Landmarks, not 2 of each...'

--- End quote ---

It's in the Empires rulebook under the "Preparation" section:

"For normal play we recommend using at most two Events and/or Landmarks per game; skip any further ones."

Rulebook on RGG site:
http://riograndegames.com/getFile.php?id=1987

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version