Dominion > Dominion General Discussion

Chapel: Difference between turn 1/2 buy?

(1/2) > >>

tdellaringa:
Are there any articles talking about the differences between buying Chapel on turn 1 vs. turn 2? I'm wondering if one is preferable over the other regardless of your money available, and how it affects your turn 3/4.

Witherweaver:

--- Quote from: tdellaringa on May 24, 2017, 09:30:14 am ---Are there any articles talking about the differences between buying Chapel on turn 1 vs. turn 2? I'm wondering if one is preferable over the other regardless of your money available, and how it affects your turn 3/4.

--- End quote ---

This seems like it wouldn't be about Chapel but rather about the cards that would cause this to make a difference (e.g., Noble Brigand), so I would expect any such discussion (if it exists) to be in articles about those cards. 

There is the strategy issue where if you are first player, buying it on your first turn gives more information to your opponent than buying it on your second turn.  I would think that's fairly negligible, though.

Awaclus:
If it's immediately obvious that you're buying Chapel no matter what, buy it T1 to hide what other card you're buying. If it isn't, buy it T2 to hide that you're going for it.

JW:
Because you usually (barring cards like Noble Brigand, as mentioned above) reshuffle after turn 2, from the perspective of your turns 3/4 it doesn't matter whether you buy Chapel on turn 1 or turn 2.

Beyond Awesome:
Traveling Fair and Scouting Party can make a difference going for it t1/2.
If T-Fair is out, buy it on $4 and top deck. With Scouting Party, buy Chapel t1 and party t2

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version