Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27  All

Author Topic: M101: Less Mafia (game over! Scum won!)  (Read 66838 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: M101: Less Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #175 on: May 28, 2017, 12:50:46 pm »

Vote: O, though, for quick lynching what was likely to have been a town player.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 28, 2017, 01:08:01 pm »

Vote: O, though, for quick lynching what was likely to have been a town player.

By my estimations he had a 5/7ths chance of being town. Was he higher than that for you by any chance?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 28, 2017, 01:28:43 pm »

From my perspective, at least one scum was on the wagon, or the scumteam is Haddock/Awaclus. If we think he's scum, we should lynch Awaclus (or me from everyone else's perspective), but it's probably safe to move forward with the assumption that he's town.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #178 on: May 28, 2017, 01:29:33 pm »

This is impossible!!!

What?

Not having a flip, I mean. What did we even learn?

Well, we learned that O tricked gkrieg into assuming that his vote won't lynch Haddock.

Gkrieg's vote didn't lynch Haddock, O's did.

Yep, immediately after O told gkrieg he can safely vote Haddock because Haddock wasn't at L-1.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
Re: M101: Less Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #179 on: May 28, 2017, 01:30:13 pm »

Vote: Haddock

no activity, best chance of hitting scum is unexpected hammer d1, no later wagon analysis to benefit from longer conversations.

i believe this is hammer.

I do agree with this logic, though. It's likely Haddock was town, but I agree with the thought process of forcing through a lynch where scum can't move their votes off of a partner they weren't planning on keeping their vote on.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 28, 2017, 01:33:28 pm »

I don't see how he could possibly be L-1 here.

and I was right.

Gkrieg didn't want to quickly hammer and appear scummy doing so. Gkrieg did not hammer. If Gkrieg didn't want Haddock lynched, presumably he wouldn't put him to L-1. I didn't deceive him at all.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 28, 2017, 03:30:40 pm »

I definitely wanted haddock lynched, but I wanted him to be around for twilight to get a reaction.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #182 on: May 29, 2017, 04:06:11 am »

If Gkrieg didn't want Haddock lynched, presumably he wouldn't put him to L-1. I didn't deceive him at all.

If gkrieg did want Haddock lynched, presumably he would have been willing to hammer him. You deceived him and very much intentionally so.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 29, 2017, 04:29:13 am »

If Gkrieg didn't want Haddock lynched, presumably he wouldn't put him to L-1. I didn't deceive him at all.

If gkrieg did want Haddock lynched, presumably he would have been willing to hammer him. You deceived him and very much intentionally so.

Presumably people are unwilling to hammer if doing so makes them look scummy. Gkrieg did vote for him, implying that he would like him lynched, though not necessarily on my terms at my time.

Gkrieg has in fact answered this problem for us!

I definitely wanted haddock lynched

making further discussion with you about this exceedingly useless, as someone who claims to know what Gkrieg wants more than Gkrieg does is unhelpful and wrong.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #184 on: May 29, 2017, 05:08:36 am »

Gkrieg has in fact answered this problem for us!

I definitely wanted haddock lynched

making further discussion with you about this exceedingly useless, as someone who claims to know what Gkrieg wants more than Gkrieg does is unhelpful and wrong.

It doesn't matter what gkrieg was actually thinking at the time, as you couldn't have known it unless you are his scum partner. The fact is that you deliberately told gkrieg that he could safely vote for Haddock because there was no way it could have been L-1 (a wording which could be interpreted to mean that it's nowhere near L-1, too) and immediately quickhammered afterwards.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 29, 2017, 05:11:45 am »

If gkrieg did want Haddock lynched

It doesn't matter what gkrieg was actually thinking at the time

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #186 on: May 29, 2017, 05:51:41 am »

You're taking things out of context in order to push a narrative that suits you. See, this is how my post looks like in context:

If Gkrieg didn't want Haddock lynched

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 29, 2017, 11:52:58 am »

This is unhelpful. I didn't think I was putting him to L-1 and I didn't appreciate the hammer before he got a chance to react.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 29, 2017, 02:35:07 pm »

You're taking things out of context in order to push a narrative that suits you. See, this is how my post looks like in context:

If Gkrieg didn't want Haddock lynched

I wasn't trying to point out some magical contradiction in your statements. It's just that what you did was an obvious bait and switch by stating a falsehood ("Gkrieg didn't want him lynched" ) and then pretending I brought up the allegedly irrelevant concept when I responded to it ("It doesn't matter what Gkrieg was actually thinking at the time"). Whether or not the points are true are secondary to the manipulation you're attempting with them.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 29, 2017, 02:57:40 pm »

I do you understand why it is better to let people react to their imminent lynching?

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 29, 2017, 03:02:55 pm »

I do you understand why it is better to let people react to their imminent lynching?

Absolutely. Wasn't thinking about it at the time of lynching, but it's fully valid complaint.

My only defense is that we were going at like 2 posts a day and I'm not convinced we wouldn't have had to wait forever to get a post by him given how he didn't respond to the accusations in the first place.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 29, 2017, 03:04:42 pm »

Absolutely. Wasn't thinking about it at the time of lynching, but it's fully valid complaint.

My only defense is that we were going at like 2 posts a day and I'm not convinced we wouldn't have had to wait forever to get a post by him given how he didn't respond to the accusations in the first place.

I mean I agree that this game is going to be slow, as most small games always are.  I think the hammer wasn't too bad, obviously I still think he was pretty scummy, but there weren't that many posts to go on.  I think people would've posted more if he had stayed at L-1 for a while though.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 29, 2017, 03:07:31 pm »

Actually I think this "only defense" is actually a pretty bad one for reasons in my last post.  I would argue that the hammer actually stalled the game more than a non-hammer would've

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 29, 2017, 03:10:12 pm »

or someone would unvote and we'd get the joy of WIFOMing whether it was scum derailing a wagon or if scum wouldn't be ballsy enough to do that and it's just a concerned townie.

Which I guess? is still more reads to go off than we currently have, outside of the read that "O hammered = scum" that Robz is totally not scummily sheeping.

PPE: We've certainly already had more conversation post-hammer than we would have if I didn't hammer, so I disagree personally.

With or without the hammer though we haven't had any input from... 2/7? without reading back pretty sure you/me/robz/Awa/TA are the active posters ATM, would be nice in such a small game to get the last 2.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 29, 2017, 03:19:22 pm »

I'm totally all for LAL here.  Scum have a higher chance of stalling in this game.
vote: RR

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 29, 2017, 03:24:10 pm »

I'm totally all for LAL here.  Scum have a higher chance of stalling in this game.
vote: RR

vote:rr

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 29, 2017, 03:25:59 pm »

Well thats enough for a prod. I'm not voting him unless he still doesn't post in a few days.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 29, 2017, 03:58:10 pm »

I've been here.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 29, 2017, 03:58:56 pm »

I'm liking gkrieg less and less though. He's basically OMGUSing me. I also don't like that TA hopped on that so quick, even though his vote doesn't count.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 29, 2017, 03:59:45 pm »

3. Awaclus

6. O
7. Roadrunner7671

I only have two townreads right now, and they're only towny because they haven't done anything scummy.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27  All

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 20 queries.