Dominion > Variants and Fan Cards

Convert coin into coin tokens, but...

(1/4) > >>

AJD:
Rainy-Day Fund
+1 Card
+1 Action
While this is in play, when you buy a Copper,  you may overpay for it. If you do, take a coin token per $ you overpaid.

Is this balanceable, do you think? Cost of $3 seems plausible to me, but I dunno.

Skumpy:
I like the idea, but it doesn't really seem like a supply pile that you can really take advantage of; if you can run an engine, for instance, what's the point of picking up multiple copies?

As far as I know, there's no overpay event yet in official or fan cards (could be wrong, I'm not a fan card aficionado), so I think this could be a neat first. 2* seems most balanced to me (possibly 1*), but it would give a big advantage to 4-3 openings over 3-4.

Also, if it was an event, you might be able to take out the copper-clause. Get $4 on a turn and there's nothing good to do, then turning it into 2 coin tokens would have it's niches.

faust:
As an event, I think this would be too similar to Save, which is just really more versatile and interesting.

Chris is me:

--- Quote from: faust on May 19, 2017, 05:59:35 am ---As an event, I think this would be too similar to Save, which is just really more versatile and interesting.

--- End quote ---

Not at all. Save lets you hold exactly 1 card for 1 turn. This lets you turn an unbounded amount of money into coin tokens, to use for the rest of the game. Profoundly different effects.

Jack Rudd:
Should playtest in games with Watchtower.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version