Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: I wonder how long he's been playing this way...  (Read 5539 times)

JerseyFrank

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +27
    • View Profile
I wonder how long he's been playing this way...
« on: May 15, 2017, 12:06:52 pm »
+17

BraydenXC:  How'd I lose?
JerseyFrank:  3pile
BraydenXC:  what 3?
JerseyFrank:  curses, remake
JerseyFrank:  and plaza
BraydenXC:  since when do curses count?
JerseyFrank:  forever
JerseyFrank:  part of the base game
BraydenXC:  nah, that's not part of the card version. that's dumb
BraydenXC left the table.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
Re: I wonder how long he's been playing this way...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 01:35:57 pm »
+5

Can't wait to see his reaction the first time he plays a game and the Coppers run out!
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 04:13:39 pm »
+3

that's not part of the card version

Syntax Error
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

jaybeez

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: jaybeez
  • Respect: +395
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 04:16:11 pm »
+2

Reminds me of a time when I was at a friend's place, and a group of us were watching some movie, I forget what, but it was from the '60s or '70s and it was directed by Orson Welles.

When the director credit came up at the end, my friend's roommate said, very seriously, "No.  Orson Welles died in 1957."  Nothing we could say could dissuade him from this opinion, not even when I pulled up IMDb on a laptop (this was early 2000s) and pointed out that Welles had, in fact, died in 1985.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 04:19:21 pm by jaybeez »

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1705
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 11:58:32 pm »
+1

Reminds me of a time when I was at a friend's place, and a group of us were watching some movie, I forget what, but it was from the '60s or '70s and it was directed by Orson Welles.

When the director credit came up at the end, my friend's roommate said, very seriously, "No.  Orson Welles died in 1957."  Nothing we could say could dissuade him from this opinion, not even when I pulled up IMDb on a laptop (this was early 2000s) and pointed out that Welles had, in fact, died in 1985.
One of my favourite trivia questions is along the lines of "Orson Welles' final role before his death was in a film which also starred Leonard Nimoy and Eric Idle, and which he expressed deep regrets for agreeing to. What was that film?"

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 12:11:05 am »
+1

I've seen that movie many, many times as a kid.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 05:18:12 am »
+2

One of my favourite trivia questions is along the lines of "Orson Welles' final role before his death was in a film which also starred Leonard Nimoy and Eric Idle, and which he expressed deep regrets for agreeing to. What was that film?"

Did you answer the question correctly, or did you dare to be stupid?

ConMan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 07:24:22 pm »
+5

Did you answer the question correctly, or did you dare to be stupid?
Actually I wrote the question myself. There's more than meets the eye to me, you know.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 10:14:16 pm »

Isn't that a pretty well-known bit of trivia though?

I didn't realize Nimoy and Idle were part of it.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

ConMan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 12:14:27 am »
+2

Isn't that a pretty well-known bit of trivia though?

I didn't realize Nimoy and Idle were part of it.
I have asked it amongst groups of quite nerdy people of varying ages, and they haven't known it. In fact, I'm not entirely sure how *I* know it, since I have no recollection of watching the movie.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 12:16:01 am by ConMan »

Bearcat11

• Pawn
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 08:04:14 am »
+6

"The last film roles before Welles's death included voice work in the animated films Enchanted Journey (1984) and The Transformers: The Movie (1986), in which he played the planet-eating robot Unicron. His last film appearance was in Henry Jaglom's 1987 independent film Someone to Love, released after his death but produced before his voice-over in Transformers: The Movie. "

- Wikipedia

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
  • Respect: +1044
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 08:30:48 am »
+1

"The last film roles before Welles's death included voice work in the animated films Enchanted Journey (1984) and The Transformers: The Movie (1986), in which he played the planet-eating robot Unicron. His last film appearance was in Henry Jaglom's 1987 independent film Someone to Love, released after his death but produced before his voice-over in Transformers: The Movie. "

- Wikipedia

Welcome to the forums!
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

O

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2017, 05:38:23 pm »
+7

...is nobody going to ask how curses, remake and plazas were piled out? Because I am.

ConMan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2017, 07:18:16 pm »
+3

- Wikipedia
Welcome to the forums, and congratulations on successfully joining in on one of our favourite pastimes - finding edge cases.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2017, 07:19:04 pm »
+2

Welcome to the forums!
There have been more than enough rick rolls on fds, but really this should be fds's version of a rick roll.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 09:00:11 pm »
+1

Welcome to the forums!
There have been more than enough rick rolls on fds, but really this should be fds's version of a rick roll.

What about this one?  It's a f.ds url.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2017, 09:20:47 pm »
+8

The Transformers: The Movie (1986), in which he played the planet-eating robot Unicron.

You know, I first read that as "planet-eating robot unicorn" and, like, fuck yes I want to see that.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2017, 09:26:46 pm »

The Transformers: The Movie (1986), in which he played the planet-eating robot Unicron.

You know, I first read that as "planet-eating robot unicorn" and, like, fuck yes I want to see that.
me too

ackmondual

• Witch
  • Respect: +294
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2017, 11:36:55 pm »
+1

I predict many negative reviews of the digital version on account that they're "using the wrong rule of having Curses count a Supply pile"  ;D
Village, +2 Actions.  Village, +3 Actions.  Village, +4 Actions.  Village, +5 Actions.  Village, +6 Actions.  Village, +7 Actions.  Workers Village, +2 Buys, +8 Actions.  End Action Phase.  No Treasures to play.  No buy.  No Night cards to play
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.