Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Am I required to tell a forgetful player who played smuggler what I just bought?  (Read 11926 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
  • Respect: +952
    • View Profile

That's not at all what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that you can use common courtesy to solve problems not mentioned in the rulebook. When I play IRL me and my friends call out the cards as well.

"I play a Village, I play a Smithy, ...", etc...

I think it's just better that way. The money is just layed out and the player mentions a number and the other players trust (not unimportant) that this is correct. "I have $8 and will buy a Province; I have $6 and buy a Gold".
Then that's basically just what we do. And I am rather confused by your previous post. But hey, whatever.

I'm pretty sure you misread his last post. First off it wasn't directed at you and your comment about how you should announce what you play. It was directed at those who think that it's ok to be sneaky and try to trick your opponents into not Smuggling a Gold when they could have; to those who want to use the technical rules of the game to be unsportsmanlike.

For the record, I wouldn't do this, as I don't feel it's in the spirit of Dominion. Then again, I used to regularly win BS by saying "1 Queen" and laying down five cards on the theory that it's just another kind of bluff in a bluffing game and if they're not paying attention it's their problem.  It all kind of depends on the game.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 21 queries.