Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Transmogrify Rush  (Read 1641 times)

Dwedit

• Swindler
  • Respect: +30
    • View Profile
Transmogrify Rush
« on: May 09, 2017, 03:00:52 pm »

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but here's a basic strategy that invokes Transmogrify and Province.
Buy up transmogrifies, and buy provinces early.  Turning estates into silvers or duchies into gold helps here.  Important thing is to maintain a short-term VP lead.
When you have a lot of transmogrifies on the tavern mat, use them to end the game with a province in hand.

How effective is this strategy?  I bet it could be refined further, for how to play, how many things to buy, etc.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 03:03:12 pm by Dwedit »

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Transmogrify Rush
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 03:17:43 pm »

I personally love the end-game options that transmogrify provides.

I have never tried a straight transmogrify-money strategy, but keeping a few transmogrifies on your mat is never a bad idea*.  But as with any strategy guidance on this forum: depends on the board

*edit: as the game is getting closer to the end. Obviously you want to use transmogrifies during early/mid-game, but you need to look at each situation and determine when it might be a good time to maybe not use a transmogrify but store it in hopes that you can 1) get a surprise 3 pile or 2) run the provinces out
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 03:20:57 pm by 2.71828..... »
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

JThorne

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +604
    • View Profile
Re: Transmogrify Rush
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 07:49:00 pm »

Actually, it's all over the place:

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=17114.msg685194#msg685194

..."it's hard to play against an opponent that could empty 3 Provinces in a single turn by calling 2 Transmogrifies."

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16863.msg671968#msg671968

..."Transmogrify: kick-starting your engine, milling Provinces"

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=17138.msg690229#msg690229

..."Mat the T-Mogs. Start milling Province"

more:

..."In my experience, milling Provinces with Transmogrify is definitely a thing"

Maybe you didn't search for "mill" or "milling"? What, you've never played Magic? Weird how the term "milling" means "to put a card directly from the supply/deck into the trash/discard without ever drawing it" because of the Millstone magic card that has outlived its usefulness, but the term lives on.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.