Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 181  All

Author Topic: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- GAME OVER  (Read 423496 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- DAY 1
« Reply #275 on: May 16, 2017, 11:56:30 am »

It's easier if you just always scumread Eevee.  That way he can't come back and get ya.
I never get anyone. Just a friendly, towny, all-around stand-up dude, no reason to worry about me.

I'm not in favor of any organized mass-claim, and I doubt it would work because people would simply refuse (or a lot of town lying). If people have roles they feel they should claim, can't they just do it at their own discretion?

PPE-edit:
Forgot to mention I'm town, that too.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 16, 2017, 11:56:58 am »

This on the other hand is a true hit and run:

Gettin' the vibes from e. The scummy ones.

Vote: e

Can anyone tell me what Andrew's meta is?
I would say there's been quite a few hit and runs so far (sadly)

Andrew's is unique for for being literally only one post with that post featuring a vote.
We're also less then 12 hours into the game.

What does that mean?
It means that some people have life's and can't post that much. Sometimes you can only post once before you have to go.

This seems like a weird defense as well.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 16, 2017, 11:57:11 am »

This on the other hand is a true hit and run:

Gettin' the vibes from e. The scummy ones.

Vote: e

Can anyone tell me what Andrew's meta is?
I would say there's been quite a few hit and runs so far (sadly)

Andrew's is unique for for being literally only one post with that post featuring a vote.
We're also less then 12 hours into the game.

What does that mean?
It means that some people have life's and can't post that much. Sometimes you can only post once before you have to go.

You also said "sadly" with regard to there being quite a few hit and runs.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 16, 2017, 11:58:45 am »

Innocent Child? We don't appear to have one? How worried should we be about mafia with a 2-shot vig?

chalk another one up in favor of mass claim.

how do these massclaims order themselves anyways?

also nobody seems to have mentioned this... IDK if it's supposed to be a scum-tell to discuss roles before agreeing on a mass-claim, but we already have some decent information  about what roles people are more or less likely to have based off of the setup.
Right, we know that we don't have an IC and if we don't have an IC then I think we are pretty likely to have a 2-shot vig. And I think it is somewhat likely that scum is the faction that might have chosen that. Right?

PPE: O mimics my thoughts and makes a good point on it, even if it is completely speculative.

vote: LaLight

I don't think its about whether Scum or Town want the 2-shot vig, since I think whoever rolled Draft Position One probably claimed it regardless. I think rather it's that the utility of a Vig, or investigation immune, is more in the hands of scum.

I might aswell make the implied softclaim a hardclaim here: I did not roll draft position one, and am not the Vig, IC or investigation immune. 

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 16, 2017, 11:59:13 am »

It's easier if you just always scumread Eevee.  That way he can't come back and get ya.
I'm not in favor of any organized mass-claim, and I doubt it would work because people would simply refuse (or a lot of town lying). If people have roles they feel they should claim, can't they just do it at their own discretion?

I think my point is that there may be some people (myself included, if I were to have a role or not) might not completely know when/whether is the best time to claim.

Basically I completely botched the last time I claimed and if I have a role here am not sure when I should want to claim depending on what it is. Others might feel the same. So I think a discussion, without mandating that anyone claim to give some optimal suggestions, might be worthwhile keeping in mind that some opinions might be tainted by scum.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 16, 2017, 12:00:05 pm »

It's a cool line of thinking by O and TWM, but LL having recently read all the games doesn't necessarily make him that much more likely to be able to determine who are the players others hold in the highest regard. Most people have never divulged their thoughts on the matter.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 16, 2017, 12:01:19 pm »

It's a cool line of thinking by O and TWM, but LL having recently read all the games doesn't necessarily make him that much more likely to be able to determine who are the players others hold in the highest regard. Most people have never divulged their thoughts on the matter.

Galzria was such a killer in his heyday.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 16, 2017, 12:01:32 pm »

::)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 16, 2017, 12:02:11 pm »

I think my point is that there may be some people (myself included, if I were to have a role or not) might not completely know when/whether is the best time to claim.

Basically I completely botched the last time I claimed and if I have a role here am not sure when I should want to claim depending on what it is. Others might feel the same. So I think a discussion, without mandating that anyone claim to give some optimal suggestions, might be worthwhile keeping in mind that some opinions might be tainted by scum.
I can see the utility in that. The downside, as demonstrated by O, is that the discussion usually ends up revealing things about the roles of the participants.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 16, 2017, 12:02:49 pm »

I agree with this.  Just having read games means that he might better know who the actual most formidable team would be, but not what everyone perceives the most formidable team to be.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: May 16, 2017, 12:04:06 pm »

On a more serious note, I don't know how much a perfect read is necessary either, compared to just a frequency check.

Like, we all know I'm the best mafia player around here but you'd have been crazy to vote for me in the drafting poll, because I haven't participated in the past ~90.

And while even I can tell you that, I can't tell you who's been the most common in the last 20-30, while the frequent posters/readers can.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 16, 2017, 12:04:26 pm »

Well, I literally made a thread about this question a few years back, so I didn't count myself as one of those mystery people. I have no idea who you consider the best players, despite having played so many games with you.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 16, 2017, 12:04:49 pm »

It is relevant because he might have guessed correctly which game was the most fun. That was the high point generator. Not how people view each other. Compared to that, it was pennies.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 16, 2017, 12:04:53 pm »

I will once again say that the fact that we have so many VTs makes it so this whole massclaim thing is kinda silly this early on.

The only upside I can see is that it is possible that scum wasn't left with very much.

But I guess most of the slots don't contain things that are that negative utility for scum to know about...  Maybe I'll rethink this whole thing.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 16, 2017, 12:06:07 pm »

Well, I literally made a thread about this question a few years back, so I didn't count myself as one of those mystery people. I have no idea who you consider the best players, despite having played so many games with you.

But it doesn't matter who I considered the best players, since none of them are still playing. Like my opinions are literally the least predictive of the rest of the groups and probably the most irrelevant.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- Night 0; Draft Ordering Phase
« Reply #290 on: May 16, 2017, 12:06:22 pm »

3) Which mafia game was the winner of question 3—this group’s favorite game? Pick just one game, 1 through 99, excluding 98.

3. A correct answer here was worth 100 points--in practice, any player who got this right was automatically advanced to the front of the pack. (At least one player got this right.)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 16, 2017, 12:06:27 pm »

It is relevant because he might have guessed correctly which game was the most fun. That was the high point generator. Not how people view each other. Compared to that, it was pennies.

I think there were more people that were newer than older, so I'm not sure the older people had the most votes on the best game.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 16, 2017, 12:06:50 pm »

We already have a perfectly good wagon going on someone who's most likely unimportant.

Clearly you're diverting the wagon from your scumbuddy.

Diversion techniques are my specialty.  I use them most effectively to create TvT battles that get both of us lynched.

This is true. My first game here I watched you and Space self-destruct and give scum the win.

Vote: gkrieg  J Reggie, don't tell me what to do  :P

Also, the game I trust gkrieg will be the game it comes back and bites me in the butt.

But really, Vote: Jake because there's gonna be a wagon on him anyway, so I might as well get there early to beat the rush.  I hate traffic.

PPE: Quite a few. Got distracted before posting
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 16, 2017, 12:07:20 pm »

I will once again say that the fact that we have so many VTs makes it so this whole massclaim thing is kinda silly this early on.

I think you are the only one talking about a mass claim. The rest of us (or at least me, maybe I am talking to myself?) are talking about how to go about with other claims that might be worthwhile in isolation.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 16, 2017, 12:07:41 pm »

I think there were more people that were newer than older, so I'm not sure the older people had the most votes on the best game.
Huh?

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 16, 2017, 12:07:59 pm »

The only upside I can see is that it is possible that scum wasn't left with very much.

But I guess most of the slots don't contain things that are that negative utility for scum to know about...  Maybe I'll rethink this whole thing.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 16, 2017, 12:08:14 pm »

We already have a perfectly good wagon going on someone who's most likely unimportant.

Clearly you're diverting the wagon from your scumbuddy.

Diversion techniques are my specialty.  I use them most effectively to create TvT battles that get both of us lynched.

This is true. My first game here I watched you and Space self-destruct and give scum the win.

Vote: gkrieg  J Reggie, don't tell me what to do  :P

Also, the game I trust gkrieg will be the game it comes back and bites me in the butt.

But really, Vote: Jake because there's gonna be a wagon on him anyway, so I might as well get there early to beat the rush.  I hate traffic.

PPE: Quite a few. Got distracted before posting

This is reciprocated by the way.  You were on my most formidable team because you're my kryptonite :)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- Night 0; Bidding Phase; PM for Spec QT
« Reply #297 on: May 16, 2017, 12:08:46 pm »

I'll have you know that I started RVS on this board before it was cool. Actually tho, they tried to lynch me D1 in mafia III for it.

I'm not gonna lie, mutually assured destruction with e looks tempting. But I'm confident that if I laser focus on Galzria that by the time he comes around to post we can both mutually destruct with both the nostalgia and drama that i so crave.

Vote: Galzria Wagons!

Ppe:  half the thread
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 16, 2017, 12:08:57 pm »

Huh?

Since more newer people are around, a more recent game was the likely winner, so the old people probably weren't right on it.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 16, 2017, 12:09:11 pm »

oops disconnected and botched reply.

Reply: In my opinion, massclaim = bad. But the discussion might overall be protown independently, and is definitely not just RVS discussion which is inherently nice.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 181  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 16 queries.