Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Breath of the Wild  (Read 32265 times)

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
Re: Breath of the Wild
« Reply #125 on: January 31, 2018, 08:14:30 am »

Somebody please tell me I am not the only one that can’t stand Zelda’s voice acting. I am more than halfway through the game, and I see no saving grace.

Well, just being real, it's a Nintendo game. They don't have the best track record on this front. BOTW's VA is actually significantly better than a lot of their past games'. I didn't have a problem with Zelda's VA, but I've seen plenty of people complain about it so you aren't alone.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 06, 2018, 01:54:17 am »
+2

I was dying.

(video shows a player having fun with the physics and AI of BotW, nothing I would consider spoilers)
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 06, 2018, 02:40:20 am »
+1

I was dying.

(video shows a player having fun with the physics and AI of BotW, nothing I would consider spoilers)

No joke, I just came here after watching a bunch of his videos.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 07, 2018, 11:26:47 am »
+1

Some of the stuff in that video is new to me too.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 11, 2018, 06:47:30 pm »

I got the bike!

I agree the new Shrines were of much higher caliber, as was the new dungeon and boss fight.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 11, 2018, 09:10:37 pm »
+2

I got the bike!

I agree the new Shrines were of much higher caliber, as was the new dungeon and boss fight.

How do you feel about   moat  though? I was disappointed.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 11, 2018, 11:49:54 pm »

Unrelated, Moldugas are awesome.

In fact, I am glad I left the Gerudo region for last. The whole thing is fantastic, and I wish other regions had received the amount of attention that one has. Gerudo town in particular oozes charm.

No Gerudo valley theme, alas...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 11:56:55 pm by pacovf »
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 12, 2018, 09:26:46 am »
+1

Unrelated, Moldugas are awesome.

In fact, I am glad I left the Gerudo region for last. The whole thing is fantastic, and I wish other regions had received the amount of attention that one has. Gerudo town in particular oozes charm.

No Gerudo valley theme, alas...

Lack of Gerudo valley theme really killed it for me, sadly. I think the Rito village is my favorite village-ish area, but they don't give you nearly enough reasons to keep coming back to it.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

jamfamsam

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: jamfamsam
  • Respect: +1214
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2018, 11:14:01 pm »
+2

I previously finished the game 100% on regular mode.

I just finished the game 100% on Master Mode including all the DLC 1 and 2 including getting and upgrading all available armor. I'm not sure if I'm proud of that accomplishment or not given the number of hours I spent on the game, which I obviously really enjoy. I did not, however, get all the chests.

Master Mode was at times so not fun that I nearly quit especially at the beginning. Never enough weapons, money, supplies and sometimes hardly any way to get them. I didn't particularly enjoy trying to avoid every fight possible. Beginning Trial of the Sword was brutally difficult (room 10 in particular).

My wife and kids think I am nuts but there it is.
"There is no extra charge for awesomeness..."

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2018, 11:18:49 pm »
+1

I just got it for the Switch and I love it so much.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 14, 2019, 11:04:42 am »
+2

So, after not playing for almost a year, I decided to try out Master Mode.

My goal was to play enough that I could be strong enough to beat the game, without doing any of the divine beasts.

It was a lot of fun. Exploring around to randomly find shrines felt mostly new, as I didn't remember where most shrines were. The beginning is super tough; you basically just have to avoid all enemy encounters, as you won't be able to defeat most enemies before you break every weapon you have.

I eventually got enough shrines to get the master sword (trading in the couple stamina upgrades I'd gotten to get it sooner). With the Master Sword, I was able to defeat most enemies, though I still died a fair amount of the time. Upgrading armor seemed to help a lot.

So once I got 16 hearts and a couple stamina upgrades (64 shrines done), I headed to Hyrule Castle. Got the Hylian Shield. The Ganon fight is insanely difficult. Having to go through all 4 bosses wasn't too bad, though it used up several of my healing items.

The second half of the first phase of Ganon is where it gets crazy. He will be invincible most of the time; you can only damage him when he does something that you can counter. (Either parry a beam, or flurry rush a sword strike). This lets you do a bit of damage before he goes invincible again. The problem is, in Master Mode, he heals while you aren't doing him damage. And he's invincible, so he's going to heal every time. You need a combination of luck, hoping that he attacks quickly enough that he hasn't healed too much yet, and perfect play, because if you miss a single counter, then he will almost always be fully healed before you can touch him again.

The first time I did this fight, I spent over an hour fighting him. Him constantly healing back to full (technically back to half, where he is when he enters the second part), and me constantly healing back to full thanks to having lots of food. But he won the war of attrition; eventually I used up all of my hundreds of healing items. And eventually my Hylian Shield broke, at which point it becomes just a waiting game until you die. I was using damage+ items as well, but they ran out too quickly.

The second time, I prepared more... got several fairies, several more full-heal items, several more damage+ items. And upgraded my armor more. I over-prepared though; I eventually beat him with a fair number of healing items, attack+ items, and fairies left. The final phase is just as easy in Master Mode as it is normally. Still fun though.

The last thing I want to do before I call it quits again is to get enemies upgraded to the new Gold level. I finally found some Gold Lizalfos... they did not disappoint. Aside from just being Gold, they seem to increase their numbers as well. The camp I found had 2 Black, 2 Silver, and 2 Gold Lizalfos. Even though I had multiple fairies going into it, I died 4-5 times before I finally defeated them all. I'll keep killing more random enemies until I see Gold of all 4 types (including the Gold Lynel), and then I'll be done.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 11:55:31 am by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 17, 2019, 03:52:43 am »
+2

Craziest thing happened to me today. I was trying to get my horse from across the shore line where the red pin on the map is, fell in the water, and he just kept swimming. Straight through the Necluda Sea to the edge of the world

« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 03:55:04 am by 2.71828..... »
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 17, 2019, 10:31:20 am »

Speaking of weird horse stuff, apparently you can use a trick to get hundreds of horses gathered in one place. It looks awesome.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 30, 2019, 03:17:25 pm »
+1

Since no one else has posted it yet
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.