Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Breath of the Wild  (Read 32254 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile
Re: Breath of the Wild
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2017, 11:27:18 am »

I don't think it happened to me on Eventide Island. It did happen once the very second after I killed a Lynel, which would have been fine--more Lynel hoofs and weapons for me, yay--except all the loot de-spawned. Thanks, blood moon.

Do you have a faulty version or something?  I've had blood moons directly after a lynel fight, and he didn't respawn right away and the loot stayed.  And I've never seen them too close to each other.

I guess it's glitched for some people and not for others.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2017, 12:23:17 pm »

I don't think it happened to me on Eventide Island. It did happen once the very second after I killed a Lynel, which would have been fine--more Lynel hoofs and weapons for me, yay--except all the loot de-spawned. Thanks, blood moon.

Do you have a faulty version or something?  I've had blood moons directly after a lynel fight, and he didn't respawn right away and the loot stayed.  And I've never seen them too close to each other.

I guess it's glitched for some people and not for others.

Or one of the updates changed this.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2017, 05:36:33 pm »
+4

I think we can all agree that the worst part about Breath of the Wild is when your wife goes out of town for a few days, and you can't play it again until she gets back.

Much worse than the blood moon issue.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2017, 04:59:58 pm »
+2

So hey I just saw this thread. I'm playing the game (I think I mentioned this elsewhere). It's really good! I'm currently at 80 Shrines, about ~300 Korok Seeds and 3 Divine Beasts. And I've put over 100 hours into the game, like dang that's a lot and I'm not even close to done.

Things I like:

Err most things actually. The game is great.

The physics based stuff is fun. Lots of cool puzzles that don't seem to be set in fixed systems like old Zelda games. Many have several possible solutions, and it's really cool.

The (mostly) lack of artificial limits on what you can carry. No more "You can only carry 200 rupees right now because fuck you". No limits in how many of each material you can carry - or at least it's a very large limit, I have over 200 of several things. The limits that are in place all make sense from either technical or gameplay perspectives - you can't have unlimited meals because they're all different with different recipes, but 60 is pretty good and you can stack simple meals anyway. You can't have unlimited weapons because again each is different. Although I'd have liked to see those limits be a bit more lenient early on, but I guess they need something for you to Korok Seed for.

The game gives you loads of cool tools right at the start. In the first few hours of gameplay you've basically got Bombs, the Bow, three other runes which are similar to major items in other Zelda games, your basic weapons and shield, the ability to swim, climb, cook, chop down trees, glide, as well as a bunch of other basic stuff. And basically a very large number of bottles, if you want to use that comparison. Oh, and also Fire Arrows, Ice Arrows, possibly Shock Arrows and Bomb Arrows. Compare to a lot of other Zelda games where you might have maybe a sword, shield and 1-2 major items.

Shrines are fun and have very cool puzzles, although they do look a little samey. There's a few other minor complaints I have with shrines (see below).

Combat is fun. There's your three main weapon classes (1 handed, 2 handed and spears) and some variations on each, and each fights in a different way. Then you also have bows which can do some cool stuff. Add in your runes, physics based solutions, stealth options and you have a ton of combat variety. However there is a bit of an issue I have with the combat (see below).

One of my favourite little things to do with the combat is slowly approaching one of those 'hidden' Lizalfos, and when it jumps out at me, do a side jump and trigger a Flurry Rush. It's so satisfying to turn an attempted ambush straight back on the enemy.

Enemies also can do some really cool things, what with how they can just use all kinds of different equipment, and each in different ways. It's very cool to see.

Lynels in 3D. At last.

Exploring is super fun. You get tons of nice views, there's little secrets hidden all over the place, and once you get that Stamina Wheel and Climbing Gear upgraded suddenly you can go everywhere, and it's awesome.

The game just has so many little cool things that can happen. Earlier today I climbed up an arbitrary cliff, and was ambushed by a Moblin I hadn't expected to be there. He whacked me straight back off the cliff, where I fell and lost all my remaining hearts. Well, it was certainly annoying, but funny as heck. And there's loads of fun things that can happen. Setting stuff on fire and watching Bokoblins burn themselves. Dropping bombs into their little dens. Sneaking in and stealing all of their equpment, before getting their attention - or stealthily killing every single enemy in one of those tree camps. And then in various physics puzzles - Stasis can cause some really cool effects, and you can do crazy things with Cryonis sometimes (I once had an enemy charging at me in a Shrine, and I used Cryonis right below it... it ended up flying over me and crashing into a wall behind me, where I got some easy hits in).

There's probably other stuff but this is what comes to mind.

Things I dislike:

Few major "permanent" items asides from what you get very early in the game. No Hookshot/Clawshot, for instance, which is an item that's been in every 3D Zelda and many 2D ones, and would have been potentially very cool here. This is honestly only a minor complaint since you do get a TON of stuff anyway, but... a few more upgrades and permanent gear here and there would certainly have been nice.

The relative lack of enemy variety. Bokoblins, Moblins, Lizalfos. That's about 90% of the combat in the game. Now, okay, they're all quite varied in how they fight, even with the same enemy being quite different when using a 2 handed weapon compared to a 1 handed one, but it does still get a little stale later in the game. The field minibosses help to break things up, but again, it's Talus and Hinox for the most part, with a few areas having Guardians.

The Apparatus Shrines. Please let me turn off motion controls for them. They're usually good but ones that require you to turn the controller completely upside down? Did they forget the Switch has a handheld mode?

The lack of major dungeons. Okay, the Divine Beast dungeons are pretty cool, at least at first, but they're not very long and... all use very similar gimmicks, at least from the three I've seen. A few Shrines are pretty big and that's fun, but it'd have been nice to have full dungeons again.

Story, or lack thereof. There's a lot of backstory and "this is what happened 100 years ago" but it's mostly unsubstantial. Maybe a little bit of extra plot is coming after I do something with all the Divine Beasts, and I'm expecting something substantial for finishing all of the pictures, but so far... very little plot. Still it's not like Zelda games have generally been big on plot, but I feel like the open world nature of the game has been to the stories detriment.

Overall though, it's a fantastic game, a 10/10 from me so far. Now if you'll excuse me, there's a Tundra in the Hebra region that needs exploring.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2017, 06:05:39 pm »

A few days back (well, more like a week now) I finished playing the game, with basically everything done except Korok Seeds - which I collected about 550 of, an amount I'm reasonably happy with. Still kinda crazy that after combing the world somewhat thoroughly, I didn't even find 2/3rds of the seeds hidden - although I expect if I went back over the areas I visited earlier I could probably find another good 50-100 seeds.

Anyway, very fun game. I'm probably gonna get the DLC and play on Master Mode when it comes out, and enjoy things in a different way.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2017, 07:44:17 pm »

We just got past half the shrines done, with a bit over 100 korok seeds. Only 1 beast finished; though we've been to the right towns for 2 others. Basically, doing more exploring and side quests than story.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2017, 11:12:04 pm »
+1

So update on my own progress (and opinions).

After tonight we'll have passed 150 hours of gameplay. (If I haven't said it before, I say "we" because I'm playing it with my wife; we alternate days of turns at the controls, but we both participate in decision making no matter who has the controls). So that's far more hours than I've ever spent on any (video) game before, I'm pretty sure.

We have all memories, 3 Divine Beasts, 103 Shrines, and 225 Korok seeds.

Still completely in love with the game. Of course it's no longer about "wow, what will I discover next in the world"; having seen almost the entire world (or at least a good sampling of each area). But I still find myself greatly looking forward to the tasks I still have to do; the sidequests, minigames, and even some farming part farming.

I can now point out things I wish were different about the game, but I find them all extremely minor nitpicks; nothing that actually matters...

- I wish the map screen remembered where you last were looking at, instead of defaulting to your current location. Made it hard to switch between pictures and the map to find memory locations.

- I wish the controls for Urbosa's Rage were different... Sometimes I want to be able to charge up a regular charge attack without wasting / using a Rage. You can do this, but only if you don't hold the charge very long at all.

- I wish the HUD had more options... I love the look of the pro-mode HUD, but I don't think I could get by without the minimap; so we have the whole thing on. You should be able to turn on or off each item individually.

- Loading times... inevitable probably, but there is a lot of waiting for loading; especially when doing things like visiting all stables in a row to look for someone.

- It would be nice if the master sword recharged before it fully broke, like maybe whenever it's not equipped. Whenever I have an "almost broken" master sword, if I'm not in a battle, I just purposefully break it so that it will start to recharge. I shouldn't have to do that.

- Not being able to max both hearts and stamina... I'm still 17 Shrines away from this actually mattering, but I know it's going to bother me that you can't max both. I know you can do it with temporary hearts, but it's not the same.

- I don't like that it tells you your sword or shield is damaged every time you pull it out. Just tell me when it first happens, or whenever I equip a damaged one.

- 900 Koroks is probably too many. After we've done everything else there is to do, we'll spend hours doing nothing but collecting the rest of the Koroks. With help from a guide. That sounds like less fun than the rest of the game so far.

As you can see, these are all really minor annoyances; not real complaints about the game.

trivialknot

• Jester
  • Respect: +1171
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2017, 01:23:18 pm »

- I wish the controls for Urbosa's Rage were different... Sometimes I want to be able to charge up a regular charge attack without wasting / using a Rage. You can do this, but only if you don't hold the charge very long at all.
I take it that the last beast you haven't done yet is Vah Rudania?  That's the one that I'm always using when I don't want to.

You can cancel the charge attack by pressing B.  This is relevant for the heavy weapons, since you may want to swing them around in a few circles without using Urbosa's Fury.

- 900 Koroks is probably too many. After we've done everything else there is to do, we'll spend hours doing nothing but collecting the rest of the Koroks. With help from a guide. That sounds like less fun than the rest of the game so far.
In the upcoming DLC, there's a mask that lets you track Koroks.  I think finding all 900 would still be tedious, but I just like the idea of trying, with that mask.  Anyway, I heard you only need half the korok seeds to fully upgrade your inventory.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 01:24:19 pm by trivialknot »

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2017, 03:09:33 pm »

I take it that the last beast you haven't done yet is Vah Rudania?  That's the one that I'm always using when I don't want to.

Correct.

You can cancel the charge attack by pressing B.  This is relevant for the heavy weapons, since you may want to swing them around in a few circles without using Urbosa's Fury.

Yeah I've done this for swinging 2-handed weapons also. But it doesn't work for the use case of wanting to do a spin attack with a 1-handed weapon, or a spear flurry.

In the upcoming DLC, there's a mask that lets you track Koroks.  I think finding all 900 would still be tedious, but I just like the idea of trying, with that mask.  Anyway, I heard you only need half the korok seeds to fully upgrade your inventory.

I saw the korok mask in the recent trailer, but didn't realize it will help you find koroks. That might make it a bit more fun compared to just looking at a guide and following it.

Yeah, I know you only need about half to get full inventory upgrades. Though I also know you get something for getting them all... don't know what; don't want to know what until we actually do it! I'm assuming it's something so not worth it.  ;D

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2017, 04:51:39 pm »

Yeah, I know you only need about half to get full inventory upgrades. Though I also know you get something for getting them all... don't know what; don't want to know what until we actually do it! I'm assuming it's something so not worth it.  ;D

Oh, it's worth it.

>:)   
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2017, 07:17:03 pm »

You can turn the Champion abilities off in the Key Items menu, if needs be. I don't find it's too much of an issue with Urbosa's fury, but mostly because the charge attack for 1H weapons (the spin attack) is not very useful, and that's the weapon I use most. With 2H weapons which have the most useful charge attack (by like, a magnitude - it's fantastic) you can cancel by pressing B to avoid using the final swing if you don't want to use Urbosa's Fury. With Spears it can be annoying, since their charge attack is somewhat useful at stage 2, but that also activate's Urbosa's Fury. On the plus side, it does only take 12 minutes to recharge, so it's generally not a big deal to waste one occasionally.

- I wish the HUD had more options... I love the look of the pro-mode HUD, but I don't think I could get by without the minimap; so we have the whole thing on. You should be able to turn on or off each item individually.

I definitely agree here. I find most things on the HUD are reasonably useful to have, though. I like having the champion power gauges, but I feel like they take up a bit too much space currently. The time is also very useful to see. But things like the noise sensor, weather forecast and temperature gauge aren't needed.

- It would be nice if the master sword recharged before it fully broke, like maybe whenever it's not equipped. Whenever I have an "almost broken" master sword, if I'm not in a battle, I just purposefully break it so that it will start to recharge. I shouldn't have to do that.

Similarly, the hero powers. It would be nice if these fully replenished themselves if not used for their normal recharge duration.

- Not being able to max both hearts and stamina... I'm still 17 Shrines away from this actually mattering, but I know it's going to bother me that you can't max both. I know you can do it with temporary hearts, but it's not the same.

My expectation is that the DLC pack 2, since it's meant to be containing a new story, will probably give 3 extra heart containers in some form, allowing you to max everything. It bothers me as well.

There's no obligation to get them all. There's no reward for getting them beyond 441, either, except a tiny token in your inventory. I got to about 540-550 IIRC, and considered that to be good enough, since that's what I found without a guide, and it gave all the upgrades. I wouldn't recommend trying to find all 900 unless you actually enjoy doing that.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2017, 11:09:34 am »

Similarly, the hero powers. It would be nice if these fully replenished themselves if not used for their normal recharge duration.

My guess is that it would be too powerful then; but yeah, it's annoying to have to decide if you want to just waste your last one so you can begin the recharge.

Finished all 4 now. In general, I don't mind Daruk getting used by "accident", because most of the time it doesn't matter whether it's used now or the next time I'm hit. However, I am annoyed by how it interacts with octoroks... if you hold your shield to bounce their shots back at them, it still uses Daruk! That doesn't make sense to me; Daruk should only happen in situations where you would have taken damage otherwise.

So yeah, all divine beasts done, and 114 shrines found/done. We'll explore a bit more to see if we can find the last few, but I'm pretty sure we'll end up needing to turn to a guide. Also tempted to just go and kill Ganon, so that we can have access to the after-game stuff while looking for the last few shrines.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2017, 01:28:58 pm »
+2

So yeah, all divine beasts done, and 114 shrines found/done. We'll explore a bit more to see if we can find the last few, but I'm pretty sure we'll end up needing to turn to a guide. Also tempted to just go and kill Ganon, so that we can have access to the after-game stuff while looking for the last few shrines.
I think I personally would want to know:
- One of the shrines is in the castle, and odds are you will finish the castle and fight Ganon when you go there, because you will want to explore the castle and then won't want to redo stuff later; so, either you save that one for last or fight Ganon before you have all the shrines.
- I don't know what you mean by "after-game stuff" (there's a % complete score but it's dominated by koroks so whatever), but the only extra quest is killing all the hinoxes, taluses, and moldugas. This means that you will for sure save time if you start marking killed ones on your map right now.
- If you are working on the compendium, you can take a picture of Ganon and it keeps it when you reload your game with Ganon unkilled.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2017, 02:03:51 pm »

I think I personally would want to know:
- One of the shrines is in the castle, and odds are you will finish the castle and fight Ganon when you go there, because you will want to explore the castle and then won't want to redo stuff later; so, either you save that one for last or fight Ganon before you have all the shrines.
- I don't know what you mean by "after-game stuff" (there's a % complete score but it's dominated by koroks so whatever), but the only extra quest is killing all the hinoxes, taluses, and moldugas. This means that you will for sure save time if you start marking killed ones on your map right now.
- If you are working on the compendium, you can take a picture of Ganon and it keeps it when you reload your game with Ganon unkilled.

Thanks, I'm surprised by that first spoiler, and ok with it being spoiled, as we never would have found it without eventually looking it up.

The post-game stuff I meant are the couple things you mentioned. Having a % complete will help with knowing how many, if any, locations I still haven't been to; and having Kilton's thing will let me know if it's worth spending time fighting a miniboss I come across. I just figure having that info available while shrine-hunting will save time in the long run.

Also, I may have misread something previously because I can't find info on this again, but I thought that after beating the game, the quest list will show the total number of shrine and side quests complete out of the number available, which would tell me how many of the missing shrines are shrine quests. But maybe that's not actually correct...

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2017, 02:30:32 pm »

The post-game stuff I meant are the couple things you mentioned. Having a % complete will help with knowing how many, if any, locations I still haven't been to; and having Kilton's thing will let me know if it's worth spending time fighting a miniboss I come across. I just figure having that info available while shrine-hunting will save time in the long run.
The % really doesn't tell you anything, because as I said it's so dominated by koroks. That's just how they did the math. For the minibosses it says "defeated" if you already beat them, so that's nice, but you still have to go right up to the monster to find that out, so again you really want to mark them all on the map as you beat them.

Also, I may have misread something previously because I can't find info on this again, but I thought that after beating the game, the quest list will show the total number of shrine and side quests complete out of the number available, which would tell me how many of the missing shrines are shrine quests. But maybe that's not actually correct...
Yes it does that. However a shrine quest can be for a shrine you found and beat without the quest; when you find the person they give you the quest and then it immediately announces itself complete. I've beaten all the shrines but have one shrine quest left, because it has not felt worth it to talk to everyone again just to get that number to change.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2017, 04:19:35 pm »

I've beaten all the shrines but have one shrine quest left, because it has not felt worth it to talk to everyone again just to get that number to change.

I've considered that some of my missing quests might be like that; I've had it happen a couple times already. I couldn't handle leaving it like that, though, I'm a completionist. If I'm in that situation and have trouble finding the right person to talk to; I'd just use a guide that lists all the shrine quests and see which one is missing and who has it.

We're doing 100% to the fullest definition reasonably possible... meaning that in addition to the completion percentage shown:

- Getting all chests from all shrines
- Getting and fully upgrading all possible armor (except amiibo-only armor) (very close to done already)
- Completing the compendium; without buying any photos*
- Completing all side + shrine quests
- Completing the Kilton stuff for miniboss fights

* There's 1 photo you automatically "buy"; when Symin gives you a free sample of a purchased photo. And then there's a few missable ones that I'm pretty sure we didn't get; the earlier versions of lynel gear. Now all lynels are harder versions with harder gear; it's no longer possible to get a regular or mighty lynel sword/spear/crusher/shield/bow.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 04:20:40 pm by GendoIkari »

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2017, 04:57:41 pm »
+1

- Getting all chests from all shrines
- Getting and fully upgrading all possible armor (except amiibo-only armor) (very close to done already)
- Completing the compendium; without buying any photos*
- Completing all side + shrine quests
- Completing the Kilton stuff for miniboss fights
I don't think I'm possibly completing all the armor; some of it requires just way too many dragon bits. Just, I can have more fun than campfiring and shooting a dragon and collecting the bit and repeating endlessly.

In addition to early lynel stuff, I didn't take pictures of the divine beast bosses. I just wasn't thinking about doing the compendium yet.

I am not possibly finishing the koroks; I got half and will settle for that plus however many I find while trying to find the rest of the hinoxes and taluses.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2017, 05:04:43 pm »

* There's 1 photo you automatically "buy"; when Symin gives you a free sample of a purchased photo. And then there's a few missable ones that I'm pretty sure we didn't get; the earlier versions of lynel gear. Now all lynels are harder versions with harder gear; it's no longer possible to get a regular or mighty lynel sword/spear/crusher/shield/bow.

Isn't the one at the top of that Zora mountain always a normal one?

Also, my brother did all that you said, plus the amiibo armor that we can get (the twilight gear), and he used an object map to get all overworld treasures possible.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2017, 05:15:52 pm »

Hmm, maybe it is. I'll definitely have to check. It might make sense as there's a sidequest where they want to see a picture of that specific type of lynel. Although this likely would only give me either the regular or the mighty set, and probably only one of the 3 types of weapons. Still though, I'll check!

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2017, 05:49:57 pm »

Hmm, maybe it is. I'll definitely have to check. It might make sense as there's a sidequest where they want to see a picture of that specific type of lynel. Although this likely would only give me either the regular or the mighty set, and probably only one of the 3 types of weapons. Still though, I'll check!

I also think there might be others that need to be other colors.  I've seen blue lynels after seeing white ones, I just don't remember where.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2017, 07:14:24 pm »

I also think there might be others that need to be other colors.  I've seen blue lynels after seeing white ones, I just don't remember where.

Yeah a bit more Googling seems to say you're right. Apparently there's a blue lynel in the first gatehouse of Hyrule castle, but for whatever reason he doesn't drop his weapons when you defeat him normally. You have to save and reload after spawning him to get him to drop weapons). Unfortunately those seem to only get you the sword and bow and shield, so the 2 crushers and 2 spears do appear to be actually missable.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2017, 06:08:09 pm »

Thanks, I'm surprised by that first spoiler, and ok with it being spoiled, as we never would have found it without eventually looking it up.

That shrine was the only one I didn't find on my own (sorta - there was one near Kakariko that I knew was there but never achieved the prerequesites for since I didn't go raiding people's houses at night, and had to look up how to make the shrine quest start). I think it's the only shrine in the game which is both hidden (so doesn't trigger the Shrine Sensor) and doesn't have a Shrine Quest pointing you to it. And considering Hyrule Castle is big and complex with lots of optional rooms, and the way to trigger that shrine to appear isn't something obvious you'll probably immediately notice in the room it's probably the hardest Shrine to find and likely the one most people will have missed.

I don't think I'm possibly completing all the armor; some of it requires just way too many dragon bits. Just, I can have more fun than campfiring and shooting a dragon and collecting the bit and repeating endlessly.

To be honest, the dragon parts mostly don't take that long to get for most of the armour, and most of the armour they upgrade is actually worthwhile - like the Champion's Tunic and Barbarian Gear.

Now Star Fragments on the other hand, they're awful. Rarely appear, even with a "fast" grinding method you're getting like one every 5-10 minutes, most of which is waiting... and if you have Amiibo you need like 100+ of them. Fortunately I don't, so I only needed like 10 of them, but even that was a bit of a slog. I decided I wanted to fully upgrade stuff, because it's nice having all that stuff maxed, satisfying. But if I had the Amiibo stuff you can bet I'd have noped out of there.

In terms of Lynels, there is one of each non-Silver one which never change: The one on the mountain near Zora's Domain (always red), and two in Hyrule Castle (Blue and White respectively). But as mentioned above they only have one type of weapon, so the tier 1+2 Spear/Crusher are not obtainable later in the game. I think a few other things become unobtainable as time goes on as well.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2017, 06:12:36 pm »

We eventually looked up the Kakariko shrine as well. The thing is, we thought Impa would give us the ball as a reward for getting all memories. But she didn't. Then we thought she'd give us the ball as a reward for getting the 4 divine beasts.. and she didn't. We couldn't think of anything else to try at that point, so we looked it up. We'd missed just 1 side quest to kick it off.

The only other missable pics from what I know are the Kite shield and Forrest Dweller's sword, which only have a few different chests that you can get them from; and they won't respawn once taken.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2017, 09:47:48 pm »

We eventually looked up the Kakariko shrine as well.
Yeah I was never finding that one.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2017, 04:28:59 pm »

The Forest Dweller's Sword? Isn't there a minigame which gives you an unlimited supply of them? The one which leads to one of the Lost Woods Shrines, specifically.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 21 queries.