Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26  All

Author Topic: M99: Mathia (Game over)  (Read 64952 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
M99: Mathia (Game over)
« on: April 18, 2017, 08:48:38 am »

Welcome to M99: Mathia!

Mod: faust, comod: schadd

This is a semi-open setup for 11 players.

Players:
1. Witherweaver
2. Roadrunner7671
3. Dylan32
4. Joseph2302
5. Robz888
6. Jimmmmm
7. SpaceAnemone
8. gkrieg13
9. Awaclus
10. LaLight
11. JaketheBaseballGod22

Spectators tagged: AndrewisFTTW, ashersky, liopoil

Day starts/ends: Day 1 start

General rules

Changes to the usual rule sets are marked in olive.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!  Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game. Please read The Civility Pledge before signing up for any mafia game on this site.  If you have not /pledged there, you cannot play. Excessive personal attacks or uncivil behavior may be dealt with by modifiers or modkills.

1. General Gameplay and Etiquette:

1. You may not quote information (either real or fabricated) from any game-related source other than the thread you are posting in. This means no quotes from PMs and no quotes from QTs in the main thread or in another QT. Paraphrasing is acceptable. If you are unsure whether a post is legal, please ask the moderator before posting.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings and the QTs specifically designed for this purpose.
3. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

2. Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:

1. Day phases will last 7 days, Night lasts at least 36 hours.
2. A simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
3. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate. Further votes will also be ignored.
4. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until the mod locks the thread; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
5. If the deadline is hit without a player reaching the majority of votes, there will be no lynch.
6. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName.  Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold or do not follow this syntax! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
7. Please submit vote revocations Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
8. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
9. If the game goes on for 3 days and 3 nights without a lynch or night kill, town wins.
10. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post in the game or in Quicktopics. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent.
11. If the thread is locked, you may not post.  Threads can be locked for various reasons, but no matter what the reason, you may not post.  The mod may forget to lock the thread, but if they say it is locked, it is still locked.

3. Miscellaneous/Mechanics:

1. Bold, olive text is reserved for the mod.  No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please discuss this in your role QT.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mods may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently.  Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mods so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will be issued upon request after 24 hours of no activity.  A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement.  A player who has been prodded 2 times is subject to replacement under rule 3.9 without further notice.
6. Please do not discuss ongoing games, it can unintentionally affect the other game. Do not discuss this game in any thread that is not directly related to it.
7. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, which may include modkill(s) if needed.
8. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.  Treat this game as a commitment.  Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging. Players who fail to post for 48 hours without an announcement, or fail to post for 24 hours repeatedly, risk being subject to replacement and/or being modkilled without further notice.
9. Players who discover they are too busy to play in a game or want to leave the game for civility issues are not allowed to officially /out in the thread.  A request to /out must only be done via a post in the role QT. Please do not use this as a manipulation technique.  (Note players may continue to threaten to /out or imply that they might as long as it does not include an official request). Requests to /out are final once submitted. There will be no /outing and then /inning back into the game so make sure that when you /out you have thought it through and really want to do it. Players that can't be replaced will simply be mod-killed. Whether your request to /out will lead to replacement or a modkill is up to the mod's discretion.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 03:34:10 am by faust »
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: M99: Mathia (Signups open!)
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 08:48:49 am »

Setup:

This game has 11 players, of which 2 are Mafia Goons and 1 is a Mafia Traitor, the rest are town.

At the beginning of the game, a random maximal matching will be chosen for the following bipartite graph:

Any vertices that are part of the maximal matching will be added as roles to the game. The lefthand roles will be added as town roles, and righthand roles will be mafia roles. Roleblocker and 2-shot Ninja will replace a Mafia Goon each, the 1-shot Vigilante will be an addition for the Traitor. The remaining spots will be filled with Vanilla Townies.

This is the randomization process in some more detail:

1. I will randomly select one of the roles listed above that has not yet been selected and has at least one connection to another role that has not yet been selected. All available options are equally likely. If no such role exists, skip to step 4.
2. I will randomly select one role that has not yet been selected from all roles connected to the role selected in step 1.
3. Both roles from step 1 and 2 are now added to the pool of already selected roles. Now, continue at step 1.
4. All selected roles are added to the game.

[Note: The graph is created in such a way that no moe than six roles can be selected by this process.]

Additional notes:
- If Masons is selected, there will be 2 Masons.
- The 1-shot Bulletproofer selects a target once, at night. The targeted player will receive a passive 1-shot Bulletproof shot. The shot may be used in the same night.
- The Traitor never knows the other mafia players. They will be converted to a standard Mafia Goon if all their partners are dead. If this happens, they lose their Vigilante shot if they had one. The Mafia targeting the Traitor will also result in conversion, with the same effects.
- All players have an assigned flavor name that is hidden to them and will be revealed upon death.
- Only town PRs and the Traitor will have individual QTs.

NIght action Resolution:
In case of conflicting night actions, actions will be resolved in this order:

1. 1-shot Bulletproofer
2. Roleblocker
3. Jailkeeper
4. 1-shot Vigilante Traitor
5. Vigilante
6. Mafia nightkill
7. Watcher

Sample PMs (QTs use a lighter green for the roles):

You are a Vanilla Townie!

You have no special powers beyond your vote.

You win iff at any point in the game, the following conditions are met simultaneously:
1. All Mafia-aligned players are dead.
2. At least one player is alive.

You are the Watcher!

Each night, you may target a player. At the end of the night, you will know the set of players that targeted your target the same night.

You win iff at any point in the game, the following conditions are met simultaneously:

You are the Jailkeeper!

Each night, you may target a player. Any action your target takes the same night will fail. A single killing action targeting your target will fail.

You are a Mason!

Each night, as long as both of you are alive, you may talk to your partner [player name] here: [QT link]. They are confirmed as town-aligned to you.

You are the 1-shot Bulletproofer!

Once in the game, at night, you may target another player. The first time that player is targeted by a killing action form then on, it will fail.

You are the Vigilante!

Each night, you may target a player. At the end of the night, that player will die.

You are a Mafia Goon!

You may talk to your living partners (excluding an unrecruited Traitor) here: [QT link]. Each night, one of you may perform the factional kill.

You win iff at any point in the game, either of these conditions is met:
1. All town-aligned players are dead.
2. No player has died for two full day/night cycles.

You are the Mafia Traitor!

You will be converted into a Mafia Goon if you are targeted by the mafia nightkill, or if both your partners have died.

You are the Mafia Roleblocker!

Each night, you may target another player. Any action that player takes that night will fail.

You may talk to your living partners (excluding an unrecruited Traitor) here: [QT link]. Each night, one of you may perform the factional kill.

You are the Mafia 1-shot Vigilante Traitor!

Once in the game, at night, you may target another player. That player will die.

You will be converted into a Mafia Goon if you are targeted by the mafia nightkill, or if both your partners have died. If this happens, you will lose your Vigilante shot.

You are the Mafia 2-shot Ninja!

Twice at night, if you perform your faction's kill, you may activate your power. If you do, the Watcher cannot detect your actions.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 07:09:15 am by faust »

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 08:53:47 am »

/tag
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 10:19:00 am »

At the beginning of the game, a random maximal matching will be chosen for the following bipartite graph:

Any vertices that a part of the maximal matching will be added as roles to the game.

Just so you know, this is completely incomprehensible to me!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 10:54:56 am »

Any vertices that a part of the maximal matching will be added as roles to the game.

Just going with the flavor for now ;) There will be a less math-slang-y explanation soon.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 11:16:35 am »

I suppose I have to

\in

Going to be on vacation for the next two weeks, but I'm guessing it won't start for a little bit.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 11:36:19 am »

/tag

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 01:13:40 pm »

Just going with the flavor for now ;) There will be a less math-slang-y explanation soon.

You also need to explain how the random matching is chosen. Are all maximal matchings equally likely? Or do you randomly add edges until you get a maximal matching?

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 01:21:47 pm »

/comod if want
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 01:23:24 pm »

as we learned in M90 we have good timezone coverage together
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2017, 01:30:45 pm »

also incidentally i initially figured mathia was an anime or something

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2017, 01:34:41 pm »

/in
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2017, 03:41:03 pm »

/tag
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2017, 03:46:25 pm »

/interested.

Maybe double check with me before starting this up? Not completely sure I can fully commit to this.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2017, 05:28:11 pm »

/tag for now
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2017, 10:44:54 am »

/comod if want
Sure, thanks.

There is no mod QT so far, but I will send it as soon as I get around to creating it.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2017, 11:12:45 am »

/tag

Math is not my thing.  What's the maximum number of roles possible?  Is it all of them depending on the random selection thing?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2017, 11:13:43 am »

Actually, I'm also /interested. Depending on when this starts, can you double check with me before it starts though?

I don't want to be an inactive pain like last game I played
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2017, 12:01:40 pm »

I think I get it now, so I should probably /in
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2017, 12:09:15 pm »

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2017, 12:12:45 pm »

/tag

Math is not my thing.  What's the maximum number of roles possible?  Is it all of them depending on the random selection thing?
several of the colored lines are selected such that:
-no two of the selected lines are connected to the same role
-if you added any more lines, it would always break the first rule

the minimum is 2 town / 2 scum roles & the max is 3/3
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 12:56:49 pm by schadd »

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2017, 12:20:56 pm »

/tag. Probably in as long as this doesn't start immediately.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2017, 12:46:06 pm »

in

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2017, 05:44:02 pm »

Yay, mathsy stuff!

Very much /in :-)
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2017, 06:01:21 pm »

/in
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26  All

Page created in 2.048 seconds with 19 queries.