Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 72  All

Author Topic: M98: Русская Mafia (Game over! Town won!)  (Read 206855 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1425 on: May 08, 2017, 05:10:30 pm »

This setup is super confusing to me

It's going to get a lot less confusing after this lynch.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1426 on: May 08, 2017, 06:21:56 pm »

Scummy from Robz D1.

Woo I'm here! Umm I guess I don't know why more people don't think twm is scummy because I do but maybe I'm wrong. Faust seems like Faust. I would say I feel like 2.7 is lurking more then robz because I feel like I can remember the things robz has said better but that probably just because he is my brother. I don't feel like much has happened yet.

Agreed. Townie post.

People who don't to explain stuff are usually town PRs, in my experience.

Well, I do not have scum reads. I have a big townread on Eevee, his post about worrying that people will see him as hedgy or buddying and suspect him for it seemed like the kind of self-aware thing you self-censor if you're scum.

Vote: Robz

This is an L-2 vote on me.

I guess I'm not the worst lynch ever, if that's what's going to happen. I am a Vanilla Townie.

I would go for E if the votes were there. If not I'll stick with Andrew. Awaclus is also fine. This does not feel like scum mcmc to me.

I am sort of inclined to go after one of the mcmc pile-on ers. But maybe avoiding mcmc's wagon was the safest thing for scum to do.

Boy, I have to learn how to read mcmc.

Rough night for scum.

Yes, TWM looks very bad in light of faust's analysis. Vote: TWM

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: May 08, 2017, 06:32:41 pm »

I know this explanation is grating, but it's the truth: as scum, I would never be in a position where I look so scummy.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: May 08, 2017, 06:37:22 pm »

Scummy from Robz D2.

Want to lynch: TWM, kkrieg
Could lynch: 2.7, schadd, Andrew
Not inclined to lynch: gkrieg
Won't lynch (not today): Eevee, faust

I don't think faust is acting like scum at all.

I'm sort of losing confidence in either TWM or kkrieg flipping scum. I don't know, TWM's righteous indignation about being suspected is all of a sudden feeling more townie to me. And when I called kkrieg out for not voting TWM yet, her reaction seemed pretty townie to me.

But I don't what the next best option would be.

A faust vote is better than a schadd vote.

Nah, I'd rather lynch you than faust.

I would lynch TWM, I guess, or schadd. Perhaps I'd lynch Eevee. In fact, sure, I'd lynch Eevee.

I'm just not a fan of this faust wagon. Gkrieg and kkrieg both seem like definitely town. Who does that leave? Andrew and 2.7, I'm leaning townier.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: May 08, 2017, 06:38:51 pm »

Well I prefer a massclaim to lynching me.

I think you'll find "Robz being on all the wagons" is far more indicative of town Robz than scum Robz.

I want to keep in mind TWM's scumread was on faust, but it's almost pointless to speculate about who's scum until we massclaim. Although I see why it's possible to speculate about me. But nope, I'm just what I said I was.

Could you do this for me?  Could you see if from your last scum game and your last town game if you were on more mislynches per Day as town or as scum?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: May 08, 2017, 06:51:39 pm »

dylan and andrew. you decided andrew was a little townier.

why is it pointless to speculate scummos before massclaim?

Well it's not pointless, okay, I'm most suspicious of faust and schadd. What I mean is, now if we do this massclaim, turns out you are an unchallenged PR, the fact that I suspected you doesn't mean much. Maybe it means something to you, something about me.

Well, I'm not the Serial Killer, or a scum of any kind, so it would be really bad if we lynched me. How can I convince you, so that we don't lose?

I would not have killed mcmc, for one thing, as I think multiple people recognized. He had claimed VT, and also, it's mcmc. He's my brother. He's one of the players I'm more adept at manipulating. Having him dead isn't worth the WIFOM it would have bought me.

I am always a staunch advocate of shooting the gkriegs and fausts of the word, the fact that they are still alive should be good indication I have no killing power.

Killing mcmc, a claimed VT, is the sort of batty thing a schadd Serial Killer would do, I guess? I'm still unclear whether I have to presume schadd is the SK. It's because E says schadd can't be SK? But isn't E scum?

The things that have happened at night--mcmc dying, shots being blocked, gkrieg living--are not things that happen when Robz is scum, is the best thing I can say in my defense.

Eevee is right that I have avoided conflict, but I also avoided conflict in my last several town games.

Have you really been avoiding conflict in your past town games?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: May 08, 2017, 06:53:13 pm »

Well I prefer a massclaim to lynching me.

I think you'll find "Robz being on all the wagons" is far more indicative of town Robz than scum Robz.

I want to keep in mind TWM's scumread was on faust, but it's almost pointless to speculate about who's scum until we massclaim. Although I see why it's possible to speculate about me. But nope, I'm just what I said I was.

Could you do this for me?  Could you see if from your last scum game and your last town game if you were on more mislynches per Day as town or as scum?

Sure thing! Hold on.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: May 08, 2017, 08:23:00 pm »

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: May 08, 2017, 08:23:52 pm »

I screwed up the quoting there a little bit, but you get it.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: May 08, 2017, 08:24:04 pm »

*hyperlinking, not quoting

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: May 08, 2017, 10:05:45 pm »

I know this explanation is grating, but it's the truth: as scum, I would never be in a position where I look so scummy.
you usually aren't if you don't expect scum to get killed. in M92 you were all set up to be in okay shape but then oops we lynched gkrieg. this game you were set up to look fine and be on a mislynch you could probably talk yourself out of but oops mcmc got shot and so that didn't work out.

And no, I did not know the immediate historical record would demonstrate this so obviously before I took a look.
i don't buy it.
Damn, wagon analysis reveals Robz to be early on all mislynches and absent on the correct lynch. Too scummy to be scum...
you didn't reply to this one but you replied to me replying to it.

like d2/3 m96 i made it painfully apparent that throwing effort and caution to the wind was town-indicative for you in the climate of the time, and it was a rather confident and accurate read (that i shouldn't have discarded). if you have that reputation there's no reason not to milk it like hell as scum. and it does work, like how you're not getting autolynched on d3 for proudly sporting your double-mislynch voting history, for example.
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: May 08, 2017, 10:08:41 pm »

you usually aren't if you don't expect scum to get killed. in M92 you were all set up to be in okay shape but then oops we lynched gkrieg. this game you were set up to look fine and be on a mislynch you could probably talk yourself out of but oops mcmc got shot and so that didn't work out.

That was so, so, so, so, so different, though. And it's obvious it was different, because it that situation I was truly screwed and was actually lynched on Day 2 because of how screwed I was. In this game, I survived Day 2 no problem.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: May 08, 2017, 10:10:06 pm »

And no, I did not know the immediate historical record would demonstrate this so obviously before I took a look.
i don't buy it.

It's absolutely true, I had no idea. I didn't even remember these games that well, since I was a VT and absent for stretches of them. I mean, I had no idea, clearly, that gkrieg was going to put me through that exercise.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: May 08, 2017, 10:23:57 pm »

That was so, so, so, so, so different, though. And it's obvious it was different, because it that situation I was truly screwed and was actually lynched on Day 2 because of how screwed I was. In this game, I survived Day 2 no problem.
you did survive d2 this game by gunning for the one person in worse shape than you, yes (having learned from m92 that gunning for someone in better shape than you tends to not work). it's not like you went without being scumread, though, and here we are in day 3, wherein gkrieg (among others) is scumreading you, and he has an annoying tendency to be right.

i don't buy it.

It's absolutely true, I had no idea. I didn't even remember these games that well, since I was a VT and absent for stretches of them. I mean, I had no idea, clearly, that gkrieg was going to put me through that exercise.
i believe you that you didn't foresee gkrieg asking you to splay your town voting histories d3 of this game. but you're suggesting that you, as scum, would be unable of forming the game plan of "okay i'm just gonna vote towns and not bus and then point to my recent poor town performances and confuse people with my eloquence"
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: May 08, 2017, 11:17:06 pm »

I honestly think schadd is town here.

I also think faust is the scum in e/faust.

Which means Eevee/faust/Robz are the scum.  And the traitor knew the mafia.  Looking at those in a little bit.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: May 08, 2017, 11:30:43 pm »

hm.

okay, i believe you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: May 08, 2017, 11:49:45 pm »

Which means Eevee/faust/Robz are the scum.  And the traitor knew the mafia.  Looking at those in a little bit.

Will you at least acknowledge that I completed your task? In a manner that screams "Robz is town!!!!'

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: May 08, 2017, 11:51:59 pm »

you did survive d2 this game by gunning for the one person in worse shape than you, yes (having learned from m92 that gunning for someone in better shape than you tends to not work). it's not like you went without being scumread, though, and here we are in day 3, wherein gkrieg (among others) is scumreading you, and he has an annoying tendency to be right.

Now you're buddying an IC. Gkrieg is a great player but he gets things wrong, too. In Mafia 97, he was no more right about anything than I was, and I was wrong about most things.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: May 09, 2017, 01:21:32 am »

Will you at least acknowledge that I completed your task? In a manner that screams "Robz is town!!!!'

I acknowledge you did it!  You're super townie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :-\ :P :P :P ??? :o ;D

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: May 09, 2017, 05:34:32 am »

Impressive stats, but being cognizant of his own current meta and being able to manipulate it has always been scumRobz's#1 strength. But I guess it colors my analysis a little I know him to be scum.

@gkrieg
Noooo!

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: May 09, 2017, 05:50:29 am »

Impressive stats, but being cognizant of his own current meta and being able to manipulate it has always been scumRobz's#1 strength. But I guess it colors my analysis a little I know him to be scum.
How do you know him to be scum?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: May 09, 2017, 05:50:50 am »

Nevermind ;)

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: May 09, 2017, 05:51:49 am »

The fact that Robz plays this like a town game does not mean in any way that he's not the SK by the way. Comparing to regular scum games just doesn't work.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: May 09, 2017, 05:52:08 am »

I'll try to get a schadd reread in today.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (PMs are out! N0)
« Reply #1449 on: May 09, 2017, 06:06:43 am »

Vote count 3.HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KKRIEG!

Eevee (2): 2,71828....., Robz888
Robz888 (1): Eevee

Not voting (4): schadd, gkrieg13, kkrieg, faust

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch. Day 3 ends Friday, 12th of May at 1 am FT.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.