Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 72  All

Author Topic: M98: Русская Mafia (Game over! Town won!)  (Read 206990 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1275 on: May 05, 2017, 03:45:29 pm »

And bring me too because I am about ready to claim IC status.

You should have done that yesterday....no one will believe you today

I hadn't earned it yet. Now we know schadd, Eevee, and either you or faust are scum.

We really need to lynch the SK here, right? Because there could still be two kills tonight, otherwise. We can't count on the JK if we still have the SK, the SK could still have Strongman. Strongman punches through JK, right?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: May 05, 2017, 03:48:50 pm »

Robz is totally copying what I'm saying!

(things scum do)

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: May 05, 2017, 03:49:07 pm »

hi friends.

HI. Why are Robz and eevee scum, with you actually being the vt

-i'm the only one of us that concretely pushed mcmc and defended awaclus
-robz was on kkrieg. i didn't defend her really but i told her she didn't have to claim
-the two of them teamed up on me toward eod2 and sort of coerced me into the twm lynch (though i did want to lynch him either way).

uh

eevee makes more sense to me as sk by day stuff. last game eevee was town, i was null on him and a bunch of other people scumread him; last time he was scum, i scumread him and the majority townread him. this game he seemed super town to me by tone and had no defenders. i would think his sk game looks more like his town game in that sense, but that's not a given, and the fact that sk & traitor exist could have changed the way he thought of the game if scum (hence why i don't like sk stuff)

robz was an intuitive mcmc partner to me at the start of d2.

that eevee claimed vt rather than ccing gkrieg is worth noting.
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: May 05, 2017, 03:52:51 pm »

that eevee claimed vt rather than ccing gkrieg is worth noting.

It is worth noting. What does it mean? It sort of points to Eevee as SK, no? Because probably the SK would see less value in counterclaiming gkrieg. It doesn't matter as much to the SK.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: May 05, 2017, 03:53:53 pm »

@Eevee @Robz
Can you both also answer the question of why you are the VT and the other two in (eevee, Robz, schadd) are scum?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: May 05, 2017, 03:54:38 pm »

Mafia!Eevee has almost nothing to lose counterclaiming gkrieg.

Well, I guess if Mafia!Eevee doesn't counterclaim gkrieg, is believed to be VT, we lynch schadd/me... okay that works out fine for Mafia!Eevee.

This has got to be one of the more insane Day 3s ever.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: May 05, 2017, 03:56:40 pm »

Robz feels like a SK.

SK plays the anyone but me (heyo, survivor reference!), and Robz has been willing to join wagons. OTOH, SK hates conflict, and I don't really remember Robz coming hard after anyone all game.

Doing analysis of that sort about schadd is above my pay grade, for now at least. Maybe 20 games from now.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: May 05, 2017, 03:59:26 pm »

@Eevee @Robz
Can you both also answer the question of why you are the VT and the other two in (eevee, Robz, schadd) are scum?

Sure. I am VT because I say I am. I'm not the SK because I wouldn't have killed mcmc, a claimed VT, on Night 1. Scum want to shoot at PRs, and mcmc said he wasn't one. He's also someone I'd rather keep alive.

I don't have anything particularly compelling to say for why I'm not mafia, unfortunately. As it said in my profile until recently, I've had a lackluster performance, which points to me as town. Gkrieg and faust still be alive should be a huge clue, I always advocate killing them off if I have killing powers. I was town in Mafia 97, I think if you were in that game and then saw me now, you'd recognize town!Robz here.

But of course these things aren't an exact science, I don't think anyone is crazy for thinking I could be mafia.

Why are schadd and Eevee scum? I admit I townread Eevee most of this game, so this will just be example number 9,437 of me having bad reads. Schadd I've had a bad feeling about for a while now, and I've said so.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: May 05, 2017, 04:00:52 pm »

@Faust, what do you think of this? There have been lots of posts but I would love of you could respond to this one in particular whenever you get back

Due to that possibility, I think lynching eevee is our best course of action.

If.....
Eevee flips SK, we rejoice with great rejoicing. I will Jailkeep faust, lynch him tomorrow, then we find a traitor among robz/schadd with 5 alive, only 1 scum

Eevee flips goon, I am scum, faust is Jailkeeper, he can hopefully block a kill and it is 5 town 2 scum. This will not occur.

Eevee flips town. We lose. Simple as that. Who wins between scum/sk? Not sure.

Eevee flips traitor. I Jailkeep faust, we know he is lying unless really weird kill choices and such occurred to prevent kills from happening. We will go into tomorrow 5/2, lynch faust, 3/1 lylo vs the SK.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: May 05, 2017, 04:01:27 pm »

The things that have happened at night--mcmc dying, shots being blocked, gkrieg living--are not things that happen when Robz is scum, is the best thing I can say in my defense.

Eevee is right that I have avoided conflict, but I also avoided conflict in my last several town games.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: May 05, 2017, 04:02:23 pm »

@Eevee @Robz
It's really hard to do that! In the last post I already gave my thoughts for why Robz makes sense for a SK. For myself, I know my play has been a little lackluster, at least for me it's harder to stay engaged as a VT. I think I would have faked more reads or content as scum, looking back I'm surprised I skated by this far without really doing much.

Oh, one other argument, Robz is a pretty common night kill (and we even had two once), whenever he lives this long, he is more likely to be scum. Especially with the kills this far having been a VT claimed and out of left field - Andrew.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: May 05, 2017, 04:03:38 pm »

Oh, one other argument, Robz is a pretty common night kill (and we even had two once), whenever he lives this long, he is more likely to be scum. Especially with the kills this far having been a VT claimed and out of left field - Andrew.

This just isn't true! I live unbelievably long, very often now. I'm naturally suspicious, and I'm not super threatening townie, so when I'm town the scum just let me live.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: May 05, 2017, 04:04:26 pm »

Robz claiming VT seems SK'y as well. Kind of feel dumb for missing this. Especially for Robz, as the SK avoiding the night kill would be a big big priority. What better way than an early VT claim? Robz doesn't tend to claim early (or VT) in my experience.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: May 05, 2017, 04:04:56 pm »

This just isn't true! I live unbelievably long, very often now. I'm naturally suspicious, and I'm not super threatening townie, so when I'm town the scum just let me live.
Well, yeah! You are scum every other game, and usually do very well!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: May 05, 2017, 04:09:15 pm »

Robz claiming VT seems SK'y as well. Kind of feel dumb for missing this. Especially for Robz, as the SK avoiding the night kill would be a big big priority. What better way than an early VT claim? Robz doesn't tend to claim early (or VT) in my experience.

I mean, I claimed what I am, and I did it because I was L-1ed. I think.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: May 05, 2017, 04:14:47 pm »

from just now

This is so insane.
from m90. similar situation

fortunately my position is out already
kkrieg: [...] mostly she has done a few things that would be rather unintuitive for a first-time scum performance on forum: this post in particular is just exactly how town feels there, and is the kind of emotional segue you see from experienced scum players (robz does this an asston, see end of m90) but it would be so hard to think to do unless you've seen people do it and get townread for it. a few other posts have given me this same impression.
from nm10

i don't think he bothers to say that as town, whereas he says that as scum as a filler of sorts

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: May 05, 2017, 04:16:02 pm »

from just now

This is so insane.
from m90. similar situation

fortunately my position is out already
kkrieg: [...] mostly she has done a few things that would be rather unintuitive for a first-time scum performance on forum: this post in particular is just exactly how town feels there, and is the kind of emotional segue you see from experienced scum players (robz does this an asston, see end of m90) but it would be so hard to think to do unless you've seen people do it and get townread for it. a few other posts have given me this same impression.
from nm10

i don't think he bothers to say that as town, whereas he says that as scum as a filler of sorts
if i ever use that for nefarious purposes please mail me anthrax

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: May 05, 2017, 04:16:49 pm »

Sure. How is the VT claim evidence of you not being the SK? What other role (or type of other role)  would you have claimed if you were the SK?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: May 05, 2017, 04:44:08 pm »

And bring me too because I am about ready to claim IC status.

You should have done that yesterday....no one will believe you today

I hadn't earned it yet. Now we know schadd, Eevee, and either you or faust are scum.

We really need to lynch the SK here, right? Because there could still be two kills tonight, otherwise. We can't count on the JK if we still have the SK, the SK could still have Strongman. Strongman punches through JK, right?

Yes.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: May 05, 2017, 04:59:20 pm »

Sure. How is the VT claim evidence of you not being the SK? What other role (or type of other role)  would you have claimed if you were the SK?

Honestly if I were the SK I think I would have claimed VT, but I also think anyone else playing competently would do so as well. This is not a fake claim friendly setup.

kkrieg

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: kkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: May 05, 2017, 05:00:11 pm »

I'm at work so I just skimmed everything. I'll catch up tonight.
For the record I think I believe gkrieg
100% win rate at RLM

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: May 05, 2017, 05:02:28 pm »

Don't think you believe him, just believe him!

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: May 05, 2017, 05:04:09 pm »

haha babe.  You don't have a choice [cat yawning emoji]

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: May 05, 2017, 05:27:31 pm »

It's always fun to see how those closest to us are ultimately the hardest to completely trust in these games.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.