Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 72  All

Author Topic: M98: Русская Mafia (Game over! Town won!)  (Read 206895 times)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1050 on: May 02, 2017, 05:37:51 pm »

The kkrieg wagon at peak:

gkrieg, e, Robz, TWM

kkrieg would have been a good lynch for scum. I would think that mafia is on here somewhere, but all of these players are non-mafia reads for. So probably my reads are off.
Who was awake/ in a place with a reasonable time zone that could have hammered?
You claimed one hour after TWM put you at L-1. I don't think we can expect that scum would have hammered kkrieg if they weren't on the wagon already, there wasn't enough time.
And stupid to do so without claim, etc. the person who did that would be highly suspected the next day.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: May 02, 2017, 05:38:12 pm »

Presumably we could get TWM to vote for schadd, but that's still just three of us, and no one else has expressed any interest in this lynch.

Someone willing to do schadd? Andrew? kkrieg?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: May 02, 2017, 05:39:10 pm »

Presumably we could get TWM to vote for schadd, but that's still just three of us, and no one else has expressed any interest in this lynch.

I don't think schadd can conceivably be mcmc's partner. What do you say to that?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: May 02, 2017, 05:41:39 pm »

Going to sleep now; will be here half an hour before deadline.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: May 02, 2017, 05:42:36 pm »

twm, do you think it is a fair assessment you've been more harsh at people pressuring you this game than in the newbie?
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: May 02, 2017, 05:44:57 pm »

I don't think schadd can conceivably be mcmc's partner. What do you say to that?

I would say: schadd can conceivably be mcmc's partner. Anyone could conceivably be mcmc's partner, except kkrieg. And Andrew is very unlikely, because of the slip.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: May 02, 2017, 05:46:01 pm »

twm, do you think it is a fair assessment you've been more harsh at people pressuring you this game than in the newbie?
Yes.

But again context. Newbie game was Day 1, which i would say was similar to today's Day 1, and then I was a claimed IC. You can't compare Day 2s because my situation is so different.

I wash pretty harsh to you and Jake/RR in newbie game but because of pressure, but vice versa.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: May 02, 2017, 05:47:31 pm »

I would say: schadd can conceivably be mcmc's partner. Anyone could conceivably be mcmc's partner, except kkrieg. And Andrew is very unlikely, because of the slip.
Ok. That was a bad choice of words. I think it highly unlikely that he is compared with others based off how he responded to the mcmc wagon and breakup. For that reason he isn't a great vote, but if it between him and me, I would go for it, but wouldn't be thrilled.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: May 02, 2017, 05:49:23 pm »

i'm trying to think of a better analogy than "i'm such a good starcraft player, look at how many minerals i have"
I don't know what that means.

you pushed on him during the day, yes. end of day is whenlynches happen and at end of day you lynched awaclus for voting the guy you're trying to get towncred for pushing
I am aware at how mediocre my Day 1 performance was. Thank you very much. And I am not saying I should be the IC. I just don't think I should be the default lynch or the go-to suspect today. I think the evidence argues against that.
well it also so happens that leaving a bus through the emergency exit is your scum thing
do you know what i was referring to with this?
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: May 02, 2017, 05:50:27 pm »

Ok. That was a bad choice of words. I think it highly unlikely that he is compared with others based off how he responded to the mcmc wagon and breakup. For that reason he isn't a great vote, but if it between him and me, I would go for it, but wouldn't be thrilled.

I will try to go back and look at it more carefully, but I'm not sure I'll have time before deadline.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: May 02, 2017, 05:51:47 pm »

i'm trying to think of a better analogy than "i'm such a good starcraft player, look at how many minerals i have"

you pushed on him during the day, yes. end of day is whenlynches happen and at end of day you lynched awaclus for voting the guy you're trying to get towncred for pushing
I am aware at how mediocre my Day 1 performance was. Thank you very much. And I am not saying I should be the IC. I just don't think I should be the default lynch or the go-to suspect today. I think the evidence argues against that.
well it also so happens that leaving a bus through the emergency exit is your scum thing
Sure. I did it twice in previous scum games.

Once with RR in your game and once with Andrew in the other. But neither time on Day 1?

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: May 02, 2017, 05:52:03 pm »

I will try to go back and look at it more carefully, but I'm not sure I'll have time before deadline.

I'll go find my post.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: May 02, 2017, 05:54:12 pm »

Once with RR in your game and once with Andrew in the other. But neither time on Day 1?
why would it be different d1?

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: May 02, 2017, 05:54:24 pm »

Also just happened to see this right after my 482 from schadd:

it does, but mcmc is a good scum player

schadd isn't mcmc's partner. He isn't going to be talking me into a lynch right after I express an opinion that I want to avoid it and then further tries to put the brakes on the Awaclus wagon:

i mean, someone that makes a point of obscuring his reasoning shouldn't be the d1 lynch because of his shoddy reasoning. what do we have on him?

Sorry I missed this before, but I am putting schadd up there along with 2.7 and gkrieg of not mcmc's partner. (This conclusion totally overrode the original intent of this post, but I guess it was worth it).

Messed up the quoting so tried to do an easy fix, but the relevant schadd quotes are still there.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: May 02, 2017, 05:55:46 pm »

schadd, uhm.. if we can't get the TWM lynch through, my second preference of the people currently having votes on them would be you.
i don't have any votes

(except for the ones that people will cast in response to this post)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: May 02, 2017, 05:56:53 pm »

why would it be different d1?
Because I think a correct scum lynch would be much harder to overcome if it went through, so risky. The other days it was apparent that Andrew and RR had good chances of being lynched going into the day and I wanted to be a part of it for credit. Day 1 starts with an open slate, so no plan or precog going on.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: May 02, 2017, 05:58:45 pm »

you didn't finish the day voting him though. if you're scum you wouldn't have planned to, and you've gotten away with such rather easily in the past.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: May 02, 2017, 06:01:59 pm »

you didn't finish the day voting him though. if you're scum you wouldn't have planned to, and you've gotten away with such rather easily in the past.

I know I wasn't.

And gotten away with such? Jumping off a wagon? Sure, because they didn't get lynched. But again if mcmc gets lynched because of a wagon I started,whether I am on it or not, is going to be very bad for mafia, right? And it isn't like I got on early and then jumped. I got on late.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: May 02, 2017, 06:03:24 pm »

This seems ridiculous. I am trying to answer questions of what I would have done as scum, when I really can only speculate. It doesn't seem very useful. Go look at my posts and ask me why I did them as town. That I can answer, not this speculation shit.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: May 02, 2017, 06:06:15 pm »

But again if mcmc gets lynched because of a wagon I started,whether I am on it or not, is going to be very bad for mafia, right?
you didn't start the wagon, as you note in the next sentence.

do you remember if you thought mcmc was scum during n1?

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: May 02, 2017, 06:08:28 pm »

This seems ridiculous. I am trying to answer questions of what I would have done as scum, when I really can only speculate. It doesn't seem very useful. Go look at my posts and ask me why I did them as town. That I can answer, not this speculation shit.
yeah, i know. the thing about scumreads is that they're weak if the thing they did has a reasonable town explanation. i'm doing my derndest

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: May 02, 2017, 06:08:59 pm »

But again if mcmc gets lynched because of a wagon I started,whether I am on it or not, is going to be very bad for mafia, right?

Help move along then.

And I didn't do any thinking about the game during the night.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: May 02, 2017, 06:09:37 pm »

yeah, i know. the thing about scumreads is that they're weak if the thing they did has a reasonable town explanation. i'm doing my derndest
Oh sure. I am not being critical of you, I just can't answer your questions very well.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: May 02, 2017, 06:10:26 pm »

I think I just VT slipped, so I guess I am stating I am a VT. Sorry.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: May 02, 2017, 06:14:35 pm »

Help move along then.

And I didn't do any thinking about the game during the night.
well that's the worst vt claim i've seen in my adult life

what i'm getting at is that it's super weird to me that you came in to d2 expecting some amount of towncred for pushing mcmc - not because you didn't deserve it, but because if you did change your mind at the day, you would have been thinking "dern, i was pushing town this whole time" up until the flip, whereas if you knew you were bussing you would be like "hey man where's my towncred"

Oh sure. I am not being critical of you, I just can't answer your questions very well.
the tip to improving at mafia et al. is that you can be critical of yourself more often than you're supposed to.

how about.

you said at the start of toDay that you should stick to your guns more. how have you been doing that?

(i'm just a job interviewer now i guess)

ppe lma000
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.