Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 72  All

Author Topic: M98: Русская Mafia (Game over! Town won!)  (Read 206869 times)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #600 on: April 26, 2017, 10:55:33 am »

Only three more for the mcmcsalot wagon to go!  Any takers?  Kkrieg, why do you think Awaclus is a better lynch than mcmcsalot?
babe you know it's past my bedtime don't ask hard questions

he reacted pretty quickly to my initial kinda random vote at him
he hasn't been particularly helpful
he jumped on the mcmc train

honestly my reasons are weak but heyy it is day 1

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #601 on: April 26, 2017, 11:09:59 am »

i'm trying to think of a better analogy than "i'm such a good starcraft player, look at how many minerals i have"
I don't know what that means.

you pushed on him during the day, yes. end of day is whenlynches happen and at end of day you lynched awaclus for voting the guy you're trying to get towncred for pushing
I am aware at how mediocre my Day 1 performance was. Thank you very much. And I am not saying I should be the IC. I just don't think I should be the default lynch or the go-to suspect today. I think the evidence argues against that.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: April 26, 2017, 11:10:20 am »

and if you hadn't made the switcheroo it would have likely been a d1 correct lynch. it seems as though e would have voted mcmc and faust would have kind of been forced into it
Yes. Yes. Yes. I am a bad town player and I should feel bad.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: April 26, 2017, 11:11:07 am »

Uh, I don't think SK wants to kill scum N1 here. If I were SK I would want to let mcmc live and try to lynch him again today. You get towncred for lynching scum, so you want them alive for that. At least the first night.
Yeah; that is why the mcmc kill makes very little sense to me. If the SK thinks mcmc is scum, they want to keep him alive and push a lynch. If they think he's town, then they would much rather kill a PR than a claimed VT.

It speaks to newb!SK, and the fact that TWM thought this flip would make him look townie adds to that narrative.
Wait, you think I am the SK?

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 26, 2017, 11:12:46 am »

Oh go away for a little bit.

You are obviously going to be able to win any argument that I put at you because you are better at twisting words and using select quotes and appealing to emotions in a way that people still like you at the end of it.

So I am not even going to try and get frustrated with you. I'll put up some stuff later today (today as in today in this game by the way, like Saturday or Sunday) as long as I don't get lynched.

Then you can just totally demolish it and get everyone to ignore it.

Uh I'm really surprised you are so touchy about this. Say why doing what you did D 1 is townie.
I will. I am just not going to have an opportunity to go back and spend an adequate amount of time to put that together until the weekend. I have a feeling I will get derphammered before I have a chance and that once I do someone (faust) who is better with words will manipulate it and tear it to shreds. But I will give it a try.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: April 26, 2017, 11:17:34 am »

i'm trying to think of a better analogy than "i'm such a good starcraft player, look at how many minerals i have"
I don't know what that means.

you pushed on him during the day, yes. end of day is whenlynches happen and at end of day you lynched awaclus for voting the guy you're trying to get towncred for pushing
I am aware at how mediocre my Day 1 performance was. Thank you very much. And I am not saying I should be the IC. I just don't think I should be the default lynch or the go-to suspect today. I think the evidence argues against that.
well it also so happens that leaving a bus through the emergency exit is your scum thing
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: April 26, 2017, 11:21:57 am »

If you guys think TWM is the SK why are you referring to his interactions with mcmc so much?
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: April 26, 2017, 11:22:26 am »

Uh, I don't think SK wants to kill scum N1 here. If I were SK I would want to let mcmc live and try to lynch him again today. You get towncred for lynching scum, so you want them alive for that. At least the first night.
Yeah; that is why the mcmc kill makes very little sense to me. If the SK thinks mcmc is scum, they want to keep him alive and push a lynch. If they think he's town, then they would much rather kill a PR than a claimed VT.

It speaks to newb!SK, and the fact that TWM thought this flip would make him look townie adds to that narrative.
Erm, yes. That's what I've been saying all along.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: April 26, 2017, 11:23:20 am »

If you guys think TWM is the SK why are you referring to his interactions with mcmc so much?
I think that. I think him being mcmc's partner is also an option, but significantly less likely. His interactions with mcmc are relevant because they show he had motive to kill mcmc.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 26, 2017, 11:23:54 am »

I think that. I think him being mcmc's partner is also an option, but significantly less likely. His interactions with mcmc are relevant because they show he had motive to kill mcmc.

Oh please.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 26, 2017, 11:24:18 am »

Oh please.
?

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: April 26, 2017, 11:27:13 am »

You observed that TWM pushed mcmc's wagon and then "destroyed" it, as you said, and then he decided to kill him as SK?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #612 on: April 26, 2017, 11:37:32 am »

Oh, we are back on!

Only three more for the mcmcsalot wagon to go!  Any takers?  Kkrieg, why do you think Awaclus is a better lynch than mcmcsalot?
babe you know it's past my bedtime don't ask hard questions

he reacted pretty quickly to my initial kinda random vote at him
he hasn't been particularly helpful
he jumped on the mcmc train

honestly my reasons are weak but heyy it is day 1
I remember being surprised kkrieg could come up with that many that good reasons for the switch (and wondering why hadn't she said those things before being asked - kind of felt like she made the vote, and then only thought of the reasons after being pressed for it).

Just phone access now, but mcmc being the almost-lynch of yesterday should be helpful in determining the second mafia at least. Like, probably not e based on his voting, so my suspicion on yesterday was wrong on that at least (again, probably).

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: April 26, 2017, 11:38:38 am »

I think this is a valid point, although then we could also look to kkrieg as a contender. Really, they are both contenders for both, in my view.

TWM's righteous indignation is reading a little townie to me though.

I must say I'm pretty suspicious of kkrieg at the moment. I gave her a newbie pass on Day 1, but now I'm getting a bad feeling.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: April 26, 2017, 11:39:00 am »

You observed that TWM pushed mcmc's wagon and then "destroyed" it, as you said, and then he decided to kill him as SK?
The point is that mcmc scumread TWM.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: April 26, 2017, 11:39:07 am »

TWM repeatedly saying how good faust is in forming arguments feels panicky to me, like feels to me like he is anticipating not having good enough arguments and having to "resort to" discrediting the person, not the argument that's bringing the suspicion on him.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: April 26, 2017, 11:39:11 am »

Vote: Kkrieg

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: April 26, 2017, 11:39:31 am »

TWM repeatedly saying how good faust is in forming arguments feels panicky to me, like feels to me like he is anticipating not having good enough arguments and having to "resort to" discrediting the person, not the argument that's bringing the suspicion on him.

Definitely, but that's sort of townie, isn't it?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: April 26, 2017, 11:39:36 am »

I think someone who was suspected by mcmc is far far more likely to shoot him.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: April 26, 2017, 11:42:32 am »

I really don't think so.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: April 26, 2017, 11:43:52 am »

Is it? I could see it going both ways, but I feel TWM is being more panicky than I would expect, which makes me feel there are other circumstances in play I'm not aware of (such as him being scum and quite unluckily going from narrowly escaping his partners lynch to losing said partner and finding himself in hot water).

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 26, 2017, 11:46:24 am »

I really don't think so.
Why? Mcmc is what I'd call an influencial townie - definitely someone who is willing to push for their opinions, and often is pretty stubborn about them too. Scum teams usually think "who can we get lynched tomorrow?" and "what risks might there be for getting one of those lynches too", and to me being heavily suspected by mcmc would definitely constitute a risk that I would want to eliminate.

Actually, I guess the better question is, how do you think they'd decide who to shoot if not like that? Why else would they have shot a claimed VT?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 26, 2017, 11:53:29 am »

Is it? I could see it going both ways, but I feel TWM is being more panicky than I would expect, which makes me feel there are other circumstances in play I'm not aware of (such as him being scum and quite unluckily going from narrowly escaping his partners lynch to losing said partner and finding himself in hot water).

Well I've never actually seen town TWM. I've seen very calculated, cautious scum TWM.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 26, 2017, 12:01:39 pm »

Erm, yes. That's what I've been saying all along.
Well, fuck me sideways. I had no idea.

That completely changes my response. Basically I can say it in one sentence.

There is no way I would have played the way I did if I were SK. I would have stayed in the background, jumped quietly onto a wagon like 2.7's or Andrew's and brought zero to little attention to myself.

Imagine if I had stayed on mcmc and the lynch had gone through. I would be the primary, number 1, NK target for mafia and there would have ended my game. No that would have been too risky.

The SK is someone who stayed in the background and made little to zero waves. Certainly not me.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: April 26, 2017, 12:01:54 pm »

Well I guess that was more than one sentence.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.256 seconds with 20 queries.