Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 72  All

Author Topic: M98: Русская Mafia (Game over! Town won!)  (Read 206146 times)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #350 on: April 22, 2017, 12:38:56 pm »

This is true of course, but then if you establish this as a norm too strongly, it gives scum license to behave wacky and anti-town and get away with it... which is what scum wants to do anyway, since it's easier.
That's right, but I don't think f.ds meta is anywhere near that level.

I do think some people can get away with it better than others.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 22, 2017, 12:46:56 pm »

So this game. Kinda sucks, right? We have a weekend coming up soon and then the deadline for today will be right at the end of that weekend, Monday at 5 am. I will be around then, but I assume that none of the US people will. So we really should step it up today and tomorrow.
Well this didn't happen.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 22, 2017, 12:49:37 pm »

Andrew's ratio of saying things to things having been said about him is very low.

Is this more likely to happen to scum or to town?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 22, 2017, 12:50:44 pm »

Post count for me to see who is responsible:

Awaclus - 9
Robz888 - 17
The_Wine_Merchant - 21
шэдд (I assume this is schadd by PoE - LaLight, please change this) - 46
Eevee - 17
gkrieg13 - 19
AndrewisFTTW - 4 (VLA)
2.71828..... - 7
faust - 28
mcmcsalot - 10
kkrieg - 7

Everyone with single-digit post count and no VLA is a disgrace.

In my mind, TWM is lurking, so seeing him high up is kinda strange. But I guess it's all relative.

Vote: e LAL

Why did you pick e here over kkrieg?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 22, 2017, 12:52:08 pm »

Vote: E for lurking, and also, would probably be good to have a real wagon at this stage of Day 1.

This is a little bit questionable from Robz.  He would want a partner to get a good wagon on a bad reason going D1.  Just something to think about later.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 22, 2017, 12:52:50 pm »

So this game. Kinda sucks, right? We have a weekend coming up soon and then the deadline for today will be right at the end of that weekend, Monday at 5 am. I will be around then, but I assume that none of the US people will. So we really should step it up today and tomorrow.
Town points for this btw, I had no idea the deadline was so close.

I don't think this is right.  I think deadline stuff is the easiest thing to get towncred for, when it is by far the easiest thing to fake.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 22, 2017, 12:54:16 pm »

also it is telling that the people that voted for him couldn't take the 5 seconds to go and see what he had actually posted and see if he was actually lurking and find that little tidbit.

Technically that would've taken more than 5 seconds.  And I think town is more likely to just vote for little reason without actually reading compared to scum.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 22, 2017, 12:58:30 pm »

also it is telling that the people that voted for him couldn't take the 5 seconds to go and see what he had actually posted and see if he was actually lurking and find that little tidbit.
If someone is VLA, they should post in the appropriate thread. If they fail to do this, that's on them and not on us.
Sure. But I would think that players would actually go and and assess whether someone was lurking and not completely rely on your vote count. It wasn't like it was hard or onerous for me to do so.
Sure I could have reread e, but why? Nothing suggested that I would find such a post. Maybe you remembered it and that is why you checked, which is fine.

Can we lynch faust now? Not caring enough about possibly mislynching e to actually reread at all.

Also gkrieg's "realization" about faust is... interesting. Not sure I buy it. If one of them flips scum we should lynch the other. This isn't taking into consideration other information of course.

If there was a "Super Crazy V/LA" thread I would've posted in that. I'll be back in business on Sunday.

This seems like just a strange post.  Like why are you choosing to question these things?  Not rereading people D1 is a pretty normal thing to do.  Usually you want to reread things for interactions, so just going off of gut and cases D1 is normal.

And questioning my gut feels seems very strange.  And making such a definitive statement as we should lynch the other seems very strong D1 for someone who is saying we need to reread people already.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 22, 2017, 12:59:34 pm »

It is interesting that no one brought up my vote on eevee, rather just how I was lurking. No one wants to buddy eevee? He is such a buddy-able person. Super friendly to everyone

Buddying only works if the person townreads you as a result of your buddying.  As it stands, eevee doesn't really let niceness affect his reads.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 22, 2017, 01:00:17 pm »

If someone is VLA, they should post in the appropriate thread. If they fail to do this, that's on them and not on us.
Sure. But I would think that players would actually go and and assess whether someone was lurking and not completely rely on your vote count. It wasn't like it was hard or onerous for me to do so.
Sure I could have reread e, but why? Nothing suggested that I would find such a post. Maybe you remembered it and that is why you checked, which is fine.

Can we lynch faust now? Not caring enough about possibly mislynching e to actually reread at all.

That's a pretty unfair reading of what faust said in response to TWM. Vote: Andrew

Yeah I guess you're right.

Unvote

BUT! faust's case on e is pretty much that he's lurking, which is kinda lame, amirite?

And then he is convinced by Robz?  That is kinda scummy.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: April 22, 2017, 01:00:39 pm »

vote: e

What's up with this? Your post before this was saying lynching lurkers doesn't work.

True, but wagons do work.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 22, 2017, 01:01:04 pm »

LAL (lynch all lurkers) day 1 has never worked.
Neither has not lynching them.

Very accurate. Scum have lurked to victory several times. The more you post the easier it is to come across scummy...or appear towny.

Depends on the content, and on the person.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 22, 2017, 01:02:37 pm »

Any interest in mcmc or gkrieg?
Not really? The only thing I remember about mcmc is that we disagreed about something. That is usually a town tell for him.
Why is it ok for mcmc to lurk, but not 2.7?
It's not. Did I not just say I don't actually want to push lurker lynches? At least not now. Close to deadline may be a different story.
You say it's not. But your voting is indicating differently. I am trying to figure out why that is. You are voting for 2.7 and the only reason you have given is that he is a lurker. Therefore, I am concluding you want to push a lurker lynch. I am sorry if I can't read between the lines to find nonexistent subtext.

I still think this is townie from TWM.  It is definitely different from the scum games he has played.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 22, 2017, 01:02:56 pm »

Any interest in mcmc or gkrieg?
those are the two people i currently find most interesting. maybe other than faust

Why those three?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 22, 2017, 01:03:49 pm »

I'm probably a lurker right now huh?
Faust seems fairly towny which makes me want to jump on the e train.

You mean the eevee train.

This post is really interesting by kkrieg. And I think scummy

Vote: kkrieg

What about that post was scummy?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 22, 2017, 01:05:11 pm »

mcmc, do you think i think you're town or scum?

will ask again later

I think you think I'm town.
I think that is the answer I expect from scum.

What answer would you expect from town?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 22, 2017, 01:06:19 pm »

Vote: Robz

Interesting to me that faust is bouncing his vote off of major wagons.  Which, with people sheeping him a lot, maybe this is a good thing.  See who gets sheeped on to, and see who doesn't get any other traction.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 22, 2017, 01:08:20 pm »

And 'acti-lurking" is becoming something of a smear, where anyone who isn't lurking, but is also not the number 1 post leader, is somehow act-lurking.
i beg to differ. i'm the number 1 post leader and i'm actilurking

This is true.  I feel like I don't remember anything significant from schadd, but just fluff and things that he seems to think he will be able to get good reads from.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 22, 2017, 01:11:46 pm »

That's why I didn't answer before, I don't really have a better answer then I think what twm did is scummy. I mean it's not even crazy scummy, it's just the scummiest thing I have seen yet. Maybe it helps if I tell a narrative that fits.

I feel like scum!twm want to add his vote to yours when he sees you vote but doesn't want to be the one "pushing" the wagon so he just sheeps and when I ask him about his reasons he gives me this its the same reasons as Faust, go see for yourself. It's just wierd for a towny to say that especially given the fact that it wasn't obviouse what your reasons were for multiple people. Furthermore once you give your reason and gkriegs says it's reaching twm doesn't back you up, he becomes more cryptic about what his reasons are. Just feels like scum hoping you or other townies will take the lead in going for an awaclus lynch.

I think I get your reasoning here.  And I think they only apply if people think TWM is generally townie and they like to sheep him.  Like this would be a good case on faust, but not a very good case on TWM.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 22, 2017, 01:14:41 pm »

Also gkrieg's "realization" about faust is... interesting. Not sure I buy it. If one of them flips scum we should lynch the other. This isn't taking into consideration other information of course.

If there was a "Super Crazy V/LA" thread I would've posted in that. I'll be back in business on Sunday.

This seems like just a strange post.  Like why are you choosing to question these things?  Not rereading people D1 is a pretty normal thing to do.  Usually you want to reread things for interactions, so just going off of gut and cases D1 is normal.

And questioning my gut feels seems very strange.  And making such a definitive statement as we should lynch the other seems very strong D1 for someone who is saying we need to reread people already.

Nope. I only made that comment because faust mentioned he didn't feel the need to reread, which I took to imply that he would otherwise reread but feels strongly enough to vote early without doing so. As Robz pointed out, faust was really referring to rereading for a potential V/LA podt from each but he didn't feel the need to, and I simply misread.

Anyway, what do you think so this scumslip from e?

So that's why I go after townies as lynch targets. That being said, while I know I probably won't get much movement on kkrieg, I really like my vote
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 22, 2017, 01:15:38 pm »

I meant "vote e" not "vote early". Gotta watch out for those autocorrects.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 22, 2017, 01:16:56 pm »

And also "e" instead of "each". See where technology has gotten us?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 22, 2017, 01:17:17 pm »

only one of them is scum though
I've been thinking about this more and if you pick any two people in this game, the chances that one of them is scum is pretty high.
are you, uh, calling me an unimpressive town player?

Uh, I'm just saying that I don't think this really says anything.  It seems like you have talked a lot, but not too much about the game, so I was thinking this is something that looks like it is a read, but doesn't really say anything.

the thing about those is you have to think about whether it makes sense to be alignment indicative and whether there might be natural reasons i might decide not to do it. one might not be led to believe so but i've been trying to thin my arsenal of tells
That is very anti-town of you.
sorry, i didn't understand what you were calling anti-town. that i've been retiring tells i have that don't work?

I actually misread that.  I thought you were saying that you were trying to be less readable, which is anti-town.  Not that you were talking about other peoples' tells.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #373 on: April 22, 2017, 01:17:33 pm »

Awaclus why should I not be voting for you?

I haven't, in any way, shape or form, indicated that I have any information that only scum would have or a scum perspective.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 22, 2017, 01:18:56 pm »

Awaclus why should I not be voting for you?

I haven't, in any way, shape or form, indicated that I have any information that only scum would have or a scum perspective.

Who do you think has indicated they do?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 19 queries.