Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 72  All

Author Topic: M98: Русская Mafia (Game over! Town won!)  (Read 206175 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #275 on: April 21, 2017, 04:24:25 am »

Robz voting e for lurking is definitely hypocritical as Robz's whole play so far has been actilurking.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 21, 2017, 08:51:29 am »

And now for mcmc.

First post:
Hey everyone! I agree I like the bodyguard claiming and being an ic over being a useless bodyguard. Reading the setup though a bodyguard claim lets mafia know 100% the setup. A bodyguard is only present in two scenarios and in one of those mafia has a power.

Though I'm not sure if it's a problem if mafia know what the setup is. I feel like this setup is more solevable than most from one or two roles so I don't think mafia can really fake claim.
Interesting that mcmc thinks in terms of fakeclaims when that was not what I had in mind as a drawback.

He fights a lot with TWM. Somehow odd, I like TWM's behaviour here. I guess that is part of the disagreeing thing.
mcmc, do you think i think you're town or scum?

will ask again later

I think you think I'm town.
I think that is the answer I expect from scum.

Then this post does not make much sense; I have already addressed it.

Also, his last post is over 40 hours ago  >:(
Prod: mcmc

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 21, 2017, 08:56:37 am »

Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 21, 2017, 09:06:35 am »

I find it difficult to judge mcmc's play. Last game we agreed a lot and he was scum. So how would scum!mcmc play this? Probably not the same. But I think he would try to interact with me. There hasn't been a lot of that. So town? Maybe it's just too early to tell.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 21, 2017, 09:06:51 am »

Vote: Robz

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 21, 2017, 09:12:48 am »

Woo I'm here! Umm I guess I don't know why more people don't think twm is scummy because I do but maybe I'm wrong. Faust seems like Faust. I would say I feel like 2.7 is lurking more then robz because I feel like I can remember the things robz has said better but that probably just because he is my brother. I don't feel like much has happened yet.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (PMs are out! N0)
« Reply #281 on: April 21, 2017, 09:13:17 am »

Vote Count 1.4

Robz888 (2): schadd, faust
AndrewisFTTW (2): Awaclus, Robz888
Awaclus (2): The_Wine_Merchant, kkrieg
The_Wine_Merchant (1): mcmcsalot
2,71828..... (2): Eevee, gkrieg13
kkrieg (1): 2,71828.....
Not voting (1): AndrewisFTTW

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch. Day 1 ends Monday, 24th of April at 5 am FT.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 21, 2017, 09:21:26 am »

I'm probably a lurker right now huh?
Faust seems fairly towny which makes me want to jump on the e train.

You mean the eevee train.

This post is really interesting by kkrieg. And I think scummy

Vote: kkrieg
Haha my reasoning for posting that was "I have no scum reads so I'll try to be helpful by showing I'm town by agreeing with someone else who seems towny."

Seems like that backfired.
that seems less like a reason for your post and more like exactly the thing that you postsed
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 21, 2017, 09:21:59 am »

Woo I'm here! Umm I guess I don't know why more people don't think twm is scummy because I do but maybe I'm wrong. Faust seems like Faust. I would say I feel like 2.7 is lurking more then robz because I feel like I can remember the things robz has said better but that probably just because he is my brother. I don't feel like much has happened yet.

Agreed. Townie post.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 21, 2017, 09:23:55 am »

I want to take a look at some people that we haven't talked about a lot.

First, Robz:
Beginning is some theory and then fluff, for quite a while. He continues to say that he's bad at reading Andrew. Okay. Some more theory stuff. Then this:
Just caught up, whole lot of completely empty posts from schadd, which I don't think is scum indicative but boy is it annoying.
The first post even resembling a read. Some more complaining that he doesn't follow. Oookay, the first read is on Andrew, who is town because he's quiet. So the one guy Robz said he cannot read is his first read? Also Andrew was VLA. First vote is e for lurking. Then Andrew vote again. What's with his strange obsession with Andrew? And that's it. A single read (which later flipped), nothing else. Not sure if this is scummy, but it is bad for town.

I'm not obsessed with Andrew, but his vote for you was like the first thing that happened this game where I had some opinion. It was a bad vote, and I called it out. So that's a contribution, sorry there hasn't been more, but I didn't really follow the TWM thing and well, what else has even happened? And 'acti-lurking" is becoming something of a smear, where anyone who isn't lurking, but is also not the number 1 post leader, is somehow act-lurking.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 21, 2017, 09:28:47 am »

You mean the eevee train.

This post is really interesting by kkrieg. And I think scummy

Vote: kkrieg
Haha my reasoning for posting that was "I have no scum reads so I'll try to be helpful by showing I'm town by agreeing with someone else who seems towny."

Seems like that backfired.

It is the trying to seem helpful without actually committing to anything that I think is scummy. I know that is something that I did in one of my first scum games and was caught because of it. That is what I see here.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 21, 2017, 09:29:50 am »

And 'acti-lurking" is becoming something of a smear, where anyone who isn't lurking, but is also not the number 1 post leader, is somehow act-lurking.
i beg to differ. i'm the number 1 post leader and i'm actilurking
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 21, 2017, 09:38:18 am »

I want to take a look at some people that we haven't talked about a lot.

First, Robz:
Beginning is some theory and then fluff, for quite a while. He continues to say that he's bad at reading Andrew. Okay. Some more theory stuff. Then this:
Just caught up, whole lot of completely empty posts from schadd, which I don't think is scum indicative but boy is it annoying.
The first post even resembling a read. Some more complaining that he doesn't follow. Oookay, the first read is on Andrew, who is town because he's quiet. So the one guy Robz said he cannot read is his first read? Also Andrew was VLA. First vote is e for lurking. Then Andrew vote again. What's with his strange obsession with Andrew? And that's it. A single read (which later flipped), nothing else. Not sure if this is scummy, but it is bad for town.

I'm not obsessed with Andrew, but his vote for you was like the first thing that happened this game where I had some opinion. It was a bad vote, and I called it out. So that's a contribution, sorry there hasn't been more, but I didn't really follow the TWM thing and well, what else has even happened? And 'acti-lurking" is becoming something of a smear, where anyone who isn't lurking, but is also not the number 1 post leader, is somehow act-lurking.
I feel like I should put my standard response to this easily copy&pastable.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 21, 2017, 09:41:55 am »

Agreed. Townie post.
Why is it townie?

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 21, 2017, 09:43:56 am »

I find it difficult to judge mcmc's play. Last game we agreed a lot and he was scum. So how would scum!mcmc play this? Probably not the same. But I think he would try to interact with me. There hasn't been a lot of that. So town? Maybe it's just too early to tell.

From the two games I have played with him, he is more M91 (where he was partners with me and super lurky and barely posting early) than M96 (where he was super active and basically leading the town).

So, I am finding him scummy based on that alone. But probably not worth a vote on that alone.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 21, 2017, 10:00:52 am »

Agreed. Townie post.
Why is it townie?

Because it mirrors my thoughts, and I am a townie.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 21, 2017, 10:02:39 am »

Agreed. Townie post.
Why is it townie?

You also can rembember things you said better because you are your brother?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 21, 2017, 10:03:32 am »

More importantly maybe, do you also think TWM is scummy?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 21, 2017, 10:38:31 am »

Agreed. Townie post.
Why is it townie?

You also can rembember things you said better because you are your brother?

I agree that faust seems like town, and E's lurking is worse than mine own, and nothing much has happened yet, and yes I remember things mcmc says better than other people.

I actually don't really have a scum read on TWM, though. That's because TWM has been scum in both of the other games I've played with him, and I actually had a strong hunch that he was scum very early on in both those games, and I'm not getting that hunch here.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 21, 2017, 10:53:38 am »

From the two games I have played with him, he is more M91 (where he was partners with me and super lurky and barely posting early) than M96 (where he was super active and basically leading the town).

So, I am finding him scummy based on that alone. But probably not worth a vote on that alone.

I totally get why you feel that way. I think it's more of the fact that I played a couple scum games where town was really inactive and manipulating people as scum was really easy so when I drew a town pr where getting nightkilled was beneficial I tried my absolute hardest to be a super active townie. The results of that were leading town toward two mislynches and being caught by scum who worked around my pr for an all around loss.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 21, 2017, 10:53:52 am »

I would prefer you jumped the Robz train.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 21, 2017, 10:55:08 am »

I totally get why you feel that way. I think it's more of the fact that I played a couple scum games where town was really inactive and manipulating people as scum was really easy so when I drew a town pr where getting nightkilled was beneficial I tried my absolute hardest to be a super active townie. The results of that were leading town toward two mislynches and being caught by scum who worked around my pr for an all around loss.
Would you answer the questions I posed earlier?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 21, 2017, 11:18:51 am »

Oh my bad, all of your questions I think relate to one post.

This feels like it is reaching from faust on Awaclus.

I agree. Keeping my vote on faust for now.
I feel like I have to ask now: What does this even mean?

I don't see what you don't get. Gkriegs thinks you finding awaclus scummy for his joke about andrew is reaching. Andrew agrees with gkriegs and is going to keep his vote on you.

I think it's an okay theory about why scum!awaclus would make that joke post but I see why gkriegs thinks your reaching. It's an early theory though so they are kinda all reaching. I also hink it's scummy that awaclus is leaving his vote on andrew after explaining that it was a single joke post, but I don't see the harm in his vote being here so I would t expect him to unvote either.

Basically a lot of null/early game stuff going on as opposed to mind reading twm who thought you thought the same thing he did about awaclus and voted for him and now won't say what his reasons which he thought were your reasons are/were. He's scummy.
First you ask me to paraphrase reaching because it's still confusing. I kinda thought this was explained but gkriegs is just saying you are making a case out of nothing, or that you are taking a small thing, awaclus' post, and making a bunch of jumps to conclusions. It was then discussed that that's understandable because it's early.

Then you ask
I also hink it's scummy that awaclus is leaving his vote on andrew after explaining that it was a single joke post, but I don't see the harm in his vote being here so I would t expect him to unvote either.
I must have skipped the middle of this post. You think it's scummy, but you would not expect him to act differently? That does not seem to make a whole lot of sense.
I am saying that I don't have a good read on awaclus. It's a bit strange he decided to leave his vote after explaining it was sort of a joke vote, but upon second thought it's not like there are wagons formed, it's not like Andrew has been super townie, there is no real reason I would expect town!awaclus to unvote in this situation so I shouldn't find it scummy that he doesn't.

And this question
Basically a lot of null/early game stuff going on as opposed to mind reading twm who thought you thought the same thing he did about awaclus and voted for him and now won't say what his reasons which he thought were your reasons are/were. He's scummy.
What's scummy about that?
Twm sheeped you and voted for awaclus and also said he thought he knew your reasons and that he was voting for the same reasons and tried to make me look bad for asking him about his reasons by saying why don't I go look for them. Me and a few others then looked for your reasons and really couldn't find any. That was when you clarified your reason which gkriegs called reaching and twm said he was voting for awaclus for different reasons but that he didn't want to share them. To me all of what I just described twm doing is scummy.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 21, 2017, 12:22:30 pm »

What's scummy about that?
Twm sheeped you and voted for awaclus and also said he thought he knew your reasons and that he was voting for the same reasons and tried to make me look bad for asking him about his reasons by saying why don't I go look for them. Me and a few others then looked for your reasons and really couldn't find any. That was when you clarified your reason which gkriegs called reaching and twm said he was voting for awaclus for different reasons but that he didn't want to share them. To me all of what I just described twm doing is scummy.
I know that all of this happened; it's in the thread. But this answer brings me no closer to understanding why you think TWM is scum.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 21, 2017, 01:23:59 pm »

That's why I didn't answer before, I don't really have a better answer then I think what twm did is scummy. I mean it's not even crazy scummy, it's just the scummiest thing I have seen yet. Maybe it helps if I tell a narrative that fits.

I feel like scum!twm want to add his vote to yours when he sees you vote but doesn't want to be the one "pushing" the wagon so he just sheeps and when I ask him about his reasons he gives me this its the same reasons as Faust, go see for yourself. It's just wierd for a towny to say that especially given the fact that it wasn't obviouse what your reasons were for multiple people. Furthermore once you give your reason and gkriegs says it's reaching twm doesn't back you up, he becomes more cryptic about what his reasons are. Just feels like scum hoping you or other townies will take the lead in going for an awaclus lynch.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.