Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 72  All

Author Topic: M98: Русская Mafia (Game over! Town won!)  (Read 55290 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

2.71828.....

  • Saboteur
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1289
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Game over! Town won!)
« Reply #1700 on: May 19, 2017, 10:52:54 pm »

This was one of my favorite games to play. I thought Faust had an amazing game, every time I tried to prove him scum I couldn't find any concrete evidence.
Logged
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Robz888

  • Margrave
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2630
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Game over! Town won!)
« Reply #1701 on: May 19, 2017, 10:53:40 pm »

I think schadd deserves an MVP nomination here. I almost never lose because I've been out-argued, and while schadd had it good because he had hard evidence on his side, he presented the case really well.
Logged
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

The_Wine_Merchant

  • Alchemist
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 39
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Game over! Town won!)
« Reply #1702 on: May 19, 2017, 10:56:35 pm »

This was one of my favorite games to play. I thought Faust had an amazing game, every time I tried to prove him scum I couldn't find any concrete evidence.
Which goes to show that sometimes pseudoscience, gut reads are better than pure reliance on concrete methods.
Logged
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

2.71828.....

  • Saboteur
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1289
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Game over! Town won!)
« Reply #1703 on: May 19, 2017, 10:59:29 pm »

My favorite part of this game was that on D3 when we were deciding who to lynch, whether i was actually the jk or scum.... any faction had a shot at winning. Not too often do we have a game with that scenario. I loved it
Logged
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Robz888

  • Margrave
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2630
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Game over! Town won!)
« Reply #1704 on: May 19, 2017, 11:01:46 pm »

My favorite part of this game was that on D3 when we were deciding who to lynch, whether i was actually the jk or scum.... any faction had a shot at winning. Not too often do we have a game with that scenario. I loved it

Ehh.... easy for you to say. I actually think town had like an 80% chance of winning at that point, I had like maybe an 18% chance of winning, and mafia had a 2% chance of winning.
Logged
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

2.71828.....

  • Saboteur
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1289
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Game over! Town won!)
« Reply #1705 on: May 19, 2017, 11:06:42 pm »

My favorite part of this game was that on D3 when we were deciding who to lynch, whether i was actually the jk or scum.... any faction had a shot at winning. Not too often do we have a game with that scenario. I loved it

Ehh.... easy for you to say. I actually think town had like an 80% chance of winning at that point, I had like maybe an 18% chance of winning, and mafia had a 2% chance of winning.

I can see that. Biggest problem scum (mafia and sk) had was their inability to kill the PRs. Too many ICs hanging out
Logged
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

gkrieg13

  • Board Moderator
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 509
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Game over! Town won!)
« Reply #1706 on: May 19, 2017, 11:17:40 pm »

Town did very well at night
Logged

AndrewisFTTW

  • Saboteur
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1129
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Game over! Town won!)
« Reply #1707 on: May 19, 2017, 11:19:50 pm »

Sad I was killed so early.  :(
Logged
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

gkrieg13

  • Board Moderator
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 509
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Game over! Town won!)
« Reply #1708 on: May 19, 2017, 11:26:31 pm »

Sad I was killed so early.  :(

Makes sense now that Robz explained his killing strategy.
Logged

Robz888

  • Margrave
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2630
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Game over! Town won!)
« Reply #1709 on: May 19, 2017, 11:27:20 pm »

Sad I was killed so early.  :(

Makes sense now that Robz explained his killing strategy.

Yup! A strategy that went horribly wrong here...
Logged
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

AndrewisFTTW

  • Saboteur
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1129
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Game over! Town won!)
« Reply #1710 on: May 19, 2017, 11:32:22 pm »

Sad I was killed so early.  :(

Makes sense now that Robz explained his killing strategy.

Yup! A strategy that went horribly wrong here...

I'm confused about your strategy. You were trying to shoot someone mafia was unlikely to shoot, but that implies you were gunning for town. So you had townreads on mcmc and me?
Logged
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

mcmcsalot

  • Explorer
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 338
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Game over! Town won!)
« Reply #1711 on: May 19, 2017, 11:59:22 pm »

My mvp vote goes to 2.7, if we're talking actual most valuable player, there no way town accomplishes everything they did without 2.7 blocking every single mafia kill. Granted he got the perfect storm assist from robz killing the only other mafia member who could make a nk, but still the understanding that he did infact block mafia, not protect a target, really neutered the entire scum team.

Valiant effort by robz and wonderful close out by schadd/kkrieg to seal the deal.
Logged
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Robz888

  • Margrave
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2630
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Game over! Town won!)
« Reply #1712 on: May 20, 2017, 12:45:29 am »

Sad I was killed so early.  :(

Makes sense now that Robz explained his killing strategy.

Yup! A strategy that went horribly wrong here...

I'm confused about your strategy. You were trying to shoot someone mafia was unlikely to shoot, but that implies you were gunning for town. So you had townreads on mcmc and me?

That's correct. I believed mcmc when he said he was a VT, and you have made some slip that suggested you were unlikely to be anything special. I was killing off people I didn't think the mafia would target. This backfired horribly, since the mafia were unable to kill any PRs.
Logged
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

  • Margrave
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2630
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Game over! Town won!)
« Reply #1713 on: May 20, 2017, 01:05:33 am »

Yeah, 2.7's stellar blocking probably carried the day.

By the way, I think that was my first time being a Serial Killer in a game of mafia.
Logged
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

gkrieg13

  • Board Moderator
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 509
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Game over! Town won!)
« Reply #1714 on: May 20, 2017, 01:27:17 am »

Yeah, 2.7's stellar blocking probably carried the day.

By the way, I think that was my first time being a Serial Killer in a game of mafia.

So I think Faust shot you, but did you use strongman and bulletproof N4?
Logged

faust

  • Board Moderator
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2752
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Day 5)
« Reply #1715 on: May 20, 2017, 03:09:06 am »

Also, schadd is wrong. I had to kill gkrieg myself. Faust shot E.
Of course I did. I knew the SK would need to prevent further investigations, and I needed to force 2 town deaths.
Logged
Since the number of points is within a constant factor of the number of city quarters, in the long run we can get (4 - ε) ↑↑ n points in n turns for any ε > 0.

faust

  • Board Moderator
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2752
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Game over! Town won!)
« Reply #1716 on: May 20, 2017, 03:09:51 am »

Would like to know how many shots Robz had actually left.
Logged
Since the number of points is within a constant factor of the number of city quarters, in the long run we can get (4 - ε) ↑↑ n points in n turns for any ε > 0.

faust

  • Board Moderator
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2752
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Day 5)
« Reply #1717 on: May 20, 2017, 03:25:49 am »

So, if anyone is curious, it's absolutely true I would not ever kill mcmc, generally. What made me do it is that he had claimed VT, and since he had claimed VT, I thought it was unlikely the mafia would shoot him. My goal, as SK, was to just not duplicate the mafia's kill. That's the sole reason I shot him--I thought there was no way the mafia would also shoot him. In any other circumstance, I would not shoot mcmc.

I can't believe no one thought of that, by the way.
Uh. Having a player die that you really want dead beats skipping the 10 % chance of hitting the same player that mafia does.
Logged
Since the number of points is within a constant factor of the number of city quarters, in the long run we can get (4 - ε) ↑↑ n points in n turns for any ε > 0.

faust

  • Board Moderator
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2752
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Game over! Town won!)
« Reply #1718 on: May 20, 2017, 03:28:35 am »

Yeah, 2.7's stellar blocking probably carried the day.

By the way, I think that was my first time being a Serial Killer in a game of mafia.

So I think Faust shot you, but did you use strongman and bulletproof N4?
I shot him. I thought schadd was SK, so I blocked schadd. I should have blocked Robz as well, which would have prevented the Strongman if he only had 1 shot left because BP takes precedence.
Logged
Since the number of points is within a constant factor of the number of city quarters, in the long run we can get (4 - ε) ↑↑ n points in n turns for any ε > 0.

faust

  • Board Moderator
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2752
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Game over! Town won!)
« Reply #1719 on: May 20, 2017, 03:31:24 am »

The in-thread assumptions about how I as mafia would play were really off. For some reason nobody saw that I basically had the power to decide the game unless the SK had both shots left.
Logged
Since the number of points is within a constant factor of the number of city quarters, in the long run we can get (4 - ε) ↑↑ n points in n turns for any ε > 0.

faust

  • Board Moderator
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2752
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Game over! Town won!)
« Reply #1720 on: May 20, 2017, 03:32:24 am »

I also thought Eevee blocked e N2 (that he didn't still baffles me), and since I targeted schadd there, that would have made him the SK.
Logged
Since the number of points is within a constant factor of the number of city quarters, in the long run we can get (4 - ε) ↑↑ n points in n turns for any ε > 0.

faust

  • Board Moderator
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2752
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Game over! Town won!)
« Reply #1721 on: May 20, 2017, 03:34:35 am »

To think, we could have started D3 with all VTs dead... that would have been most hilarious.
Logged
Since the number of points is within a constant factor of the number of city quarters, in the long run we can get (4 - ε) ↑↑ n points in n turns for any ε > 0.

Eevee

  • Saboteur
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1010
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Game over! Town won!)
« Reply #1722 on: May 20, 2017, 06:20:19 am »

I also thought Eevee blocked e N2 (that he didn't still baffles me), and since I targeted schadd there, that would have made him the SK.
I had a roleblocker? This is news to me.
Logged

Eevee

  • Saboteur
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1010
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Game over! Town won!)
« Reply #1723 on: May 20, 2017, 06:22:09 am »

Also gg kkrieg and the rest of town and thanks to LL for running this, fun game. My personal contribution wasn't the most exciting this time, I was kind of doing nothing all game and then got lynched.
Logged

faust

  • Board Moderator
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2752
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M98: Русская Mafia (Game over! Town won!)
« Reply #1724 on: May 20, 2017, 06:27:03 am »

I also thought Eevee blocked e N2 (that he didn't still baffles me), and since I targeted schadd there, that would have made him the SK.
I had a roleblocker? This is news to me.
Err... what?

-.-
Logged
Since the number of points is within a constant factor of the number of city quarters, in the long run we can get (4 - ε) ↑↑ n points in n turns for any ε > 0.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 72  All
 

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 20 queries.