Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Still A Better (Love?) Story Than Twilight - The Thread  (Read 12127 times)

Minotaur

• Margrave
  • Respect: +3960
    • View Profile
Re: Still A Better (Love?) Story Than Twilight - The Thread
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2017, 05:50:20 am »

The first picture is a family vacation of Duke and Duchess

Edit: I have an achievement idea for ShuffleIT:
"Family vacation", set aside a Duke and a Duchess with a single Island.

You would need KC to achieve the elusive Duchy Island vacation, though.
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2017, 05:51:17 am »
+1

That second picture raises a lot of questions, specifically "What happened to the other two girls?"

On second thought, I'd rather not hear the answer.

They got up and walked to the other side of the room to make room for Vagrant.
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2017, 11:27:23 pm »

Spice Goons

A chilling look inside the "spice" trade.  Insider deals, shakedowns, bribes, extortion.  A real eye-opener.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2017, 08:44:00 am »
+3

Adventurer goes to the villages at the border of the kingdom seeking new adventures. At first, he finds nothing of interest, but the ending is a cliffhanger.

In the sequel, Adventurer meets an Explorer while fighting a Sea Hag, and falls in love with her. At the same time, a Young Witch falls for the Adventurer and tries to break them up.
In a fit of rage, the Explorer teams up with the Young Witch against the unlikely pair, saying "What kind of story is this where the Adventurer falls in love with a Sea Hag!"
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 09:02:59 am by LibraryAdventurer »

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2017, 05:32:01 am »
+2

Graverobber

In the middle of string of recent missing Peddler cases, a Peddler is on the run from the ominous Graverobber.  The local Bishop offers protection.  Twist ending: The Graverobber is actually the good guy.  Saves Peddler from Bishop at the last minute after following her down two Highways.  (Ed. note:  Saw the twist from a mile away.  Nice lighting and acting, but the suspense was null for this reviewer. 3.5/5.)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 08:48:53 am by Minotaur »

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2017, 08:48:26 am »

Minion/Pawn

Better love story than Twilight.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2017, 08:53:33 am »

Graverobber

In the middle of string of recent missing Peddler cases, a Peddler is on the run from the ominous Graverobber.  The local Bishop offers protection.  Twist ending: The Graverobber is actually the good guy.  Saves Peddler from Bishop at the last minute after following her down two Highways.  (Ed. note:  Saw the twist from a mile away.  Nice lighting and acting, but the suspense was null for this reviewer. 3.5/5.)

...Only to offer the Peddler to his brother, also a Graverobber.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2017, 11:30:40 am »

Wandering Vassal

A story about a Lord-in-training who finds himself spending more and more time at the local Inn learning the art of song, to the exclusion of his duties.  (Ed. note:  Sort of a cosplay version of Ferris Bueller's Day Off made better by the choice to make the protagonist somewhat likeable.  Why was Matthew Brodderick ever a thing?  Score: 4/5)

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2017, 11:49:38 am »

Conspirator Laboratory

Virtual coins, how do they work???

(Ed. note:  Wow, the History channel has gone to crap.  Utter rubbish.  I wanted to give this a negative score, but the formatting won't allow it.  0/5.)

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2018, 06:15:45 pm »
+1

The Librarian and the Militia

(Trashy romance novel.)  Who's making noise in the library?  Myra the librarian has always said that there's nothing she hates more than a bunch of loud, smelly men making noise in her Library.  Apparently their presence at the gates of town causes Myra so much distress that she discards her Moat instead of revealing it......  Three times in a row.  Not one to raise the drawbridge, that Myra.

ipofanes

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: ipofanes
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2018, 03:57:13 am »

There once was a poor Vagrant who wandered from town to town, accomplishing virtually nothing. One day, a kindly business owner with wares to sell took pity upon him and gave him some job Training. He's now very successful, gathering even more green than the other Peddlers.

When Vagrant + Training came up in an IRL game, I had to laugh at Vagrant + Training = Peddler. It's even something worth doing.

It is not too surprising to me that the Adventure card enhancer tokens have on average a better return on investment on cheap pedestrian cards than on the Grand Markets. Vagrants being able to draw themselves is an awesome bonus of course.
Lord Rattington denies my undo requests

weesh

• Conspirator
  • MOAR MAGPIES
  • Respect: +351
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2018, 08:57:43 am »
+1

Quarry: hey babe, I got what you need...
Stonemason: sounds great, look, do you mind if i bring some friends?

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2018, 04:19:18 pm »

Quarry: hey babe, I got what you need...
Stonemason: sounds great, look, do you mind if i bring some friends?

Stonemason is a creep who won't stop asking Peddler out on a date.  Harasses her at Market Square every day.

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1795
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2018, 06:34:09 pm »

There once was a poor Vagrant who wandered from town to town, accomplishing virtually nothing. One day, a kindly business owner with wares to sell took pity upon him and gave him some job Training. He's now very successful, gathering even more green than the other Peddlers.

When Vagrant + Training came up in an IRL game, I had to laugh at Vagrant + Training = Peddler. It's even something worth doing.

It is not too surprising to me that the Adventure card enhancer tokens have on average a better return on investment on cheap pedestrian cards than on the Grand Markets. Vagrants being able to draw themselves is an awesome bonus of course.

I suspect you're mixing that up with Inherited Vagrants... :)

weesh

• Conspirator
  • MOAR MAGPIES
  • Respect: +351
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2018, 07:02:42 pm »

The spy went to see their lover at the site of the castle's construction, but sadly, the mason's shoddy work crumbled from the rampart above them, crushing both the spy and the mason under a huge stone.

but this story does not end in tragedy, as a necromancer happened along and now, the zombie spy and zombie mason can be together forever!

awwwwww... ^_^

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2018, 01:19:26 am »

Crypt Harem

Some sick old dude has some women sealed in his tomb after he dies.  One by one, they sneak out.  (Ed. note: It's Suckerpunch all over again.  A #metoo flick a lot of people wanted to like, but at the end of the day, 80% of the film is just bloat wrapped in layers of metaphor.)

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
  • DSF lowest ratio upvotes-posts 14 yrs & counting
  • Respect: +228
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2018, 01:39:59 pm »

Awesome, another cool thread where I want to post something, but I can't think of anything clever enough.

Still a better love story than twilight.  The love triangle between your intellect, confidence and inferiority complex had me moved so much closer to the point of tears than that pile of shit.

I used to like movies...

"Rap game Julio Franco, Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger/ Ice on my fingers look like I slap-boxed a penguin." -- Riff Raff Proverbs 4:20

"Sometimes I say some things people may think are just outlandish, but I'm going to have the last laugh." -- Riff Raff  Exodus 6:66

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2018, 11:48:14 pm »
+1

Where the hell is the link to the Herbalist/Alchemist story from a few years back?
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Gherald

• Minion
  • Awe: +35
  • Respect: +1397
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2018, 12:11:27 am »
+4

Star Cross'd Lovers of Dominion: HERBALIST/ALCHEMIST: A LOVE STORY
My opponent has more loot than me

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2018, 01:43:10 pm »

Star Cross'd Lovers of Dominion: HERBALIST/ALCHEMIST: A LOVE STORY

Thank you!

I un-voted it just so I could upvote it again.

ADK worked in so many Dominion cards, but I think I found at least three that weren't yet cards in there.

Also that story is FOUR YEARS OLD this forum is SEVEN YEARS OLD I am OLD
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2018, 02:39:00 pm »

Oh wow, I can't believe I didn't click that story link the first time.  That was nuts.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2018, 06:26:56 pm »

I hope this doesn't inspire me to write out the story of Myra the Librarian...

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2018, 07:34:19 pm »

Herbalist/Alchemist isn't actually a thing, though, right? If you're drawing your deck with Alchemist you'll get the Potion anyway, and Potion is a treasure so you want it on the bottom instead of the top. And if you're relying on Herbalist to get you your Potion, well, there's no guarantee you'll draw the Herbalist itself. It's less likely, actually, because the Herbalist is another stop card in your deck.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2018, 08:25:12 pm »

Herbalist/Alchemist isn't actually a thing, though, right? If you're drawing your deck with Alchemist you'll get the Potion anyway, and Potion is a treasure so you want it on the bottom instead of the top. And if you're relying on Herbalist to get you your Potion, well, there's no guarantee you'll draw the Herbalist itself. It's less likely, actually, because the Herbalist is another stop card in your deck.

Shocking twist - the Prince falls in love with the Herbalist at the ball.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2018, 07:49:58 am »

Also that story is FOUR YEARS OLD

HERBALIST/ALCHEMIST is a powerful combo that can act as a fan fic instead if necessary. Oh, and it's ALSO FOUR YEARS OLD.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.