Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: What`s going on?  (Read 2081 times)

Kunstschmied

• Pawn
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
What`s going on?
« on: April 09, 2017, 09:23:54 pm »
+1

Hi!

I cannot login to Dominion online any more. The connection just shows always the same picture: "Reconnecting … Cancel & resign". Wherever I click, nothing changes.

Could U please help me? I love this game, played it since Isotropic times. I'm currently ranked No. 1 in Austria. This is a bit embarrasing.

-Stef-

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
Re: What`s going on?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 12:40:22 pm »
+7

This bug has been going on a bit too long now. Fortunately a lot of progress today, I hope to bring this live tomorrow.

What happens in these cases is that you're matched with someone who isn't actually there (anymore). I'm still not sure about the actual cause (either a bug on our side or an infinitely slow internet connection) but the impact of such cases is way bigger then necessary. This non-existent user only got removed from the automatch queue when he got into a game, instead of as soon as he got matched, and since the first never happened this one faulty connection could keep disturbing all the automatches for quite a while.

Also quite some improvements in the feedback while connecting to a game. Instead of just the black spinner, you'll see it going from "connecting to gameserver" to "connected to gameserver" to "waiting for X, Y" to "loading the game".
Join the Dominion League!

Kunstschmied

• Pawn
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 07:23:10 pm »
+1

Sorry, but it's still the same mess.

Nevertheless, big thx for Ur answer. I appreciate this. No bad feelings, best wishings for this wonderful implementation. I cannot even imagine the tortures (ha, ha) you're going through.

Greetz from Vienna,
Leo

markus

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: markus
  • Respect: +434
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 06:26:08 am »
+1

If you click "cancel & resign" there's a popup to confirm. Maybe that is blocked somehow by your browser?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.