Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Collecting  (Read 6922 times)

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
Re: Collecting
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2017, 04:16:12 pm »

How do you keep track of all your vynils? In fact, how do you store them? My main difficulty when trying to collect stuff is space... I have a modest conmemorative coin collection, maybe 100 or 200 of them (assuming I've hid them well enough for family not to use them as spare change), but that's about it.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 04:17:13 pm by pacovf »
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2017, 05:34:14 pm »
+1

Well, I started collecting the vinyl way ahead of trying to catalog them. I store them in road cases like these. They are sorted alphabetically by artist. I started at some point trying to log them in a spreadsheet with things like the label number and tags like import, colored, reissue, extra inserts, etc. I think maybe I got to the letter D.

I thought about making some sort of database app similar to myfitnesspal that could scan barcodes and stuff, but life...

I have accidentally bought a record I already owned a few times in case you are wondering.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2017, 06:07:54 pm »
+1

I collect foreign coins.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2017, 12:42:00 am »
+2

I collect dust.

OK, OK, we also collect books.  I have a number of signed first editions and then just a few (literal) tons of other books, mostly SFF but not all.

We actually left a bunch behind when we moved across the country, for weight considerations.

Edit:  one of the most interesting books we have is a copy of Grey's Anatomy that some med student used for cadaver dissection... in 1898.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 12:43:44 am by Kirian »
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2017, 09:52:03 am »
+4

I actually have a small but weird collection. It started off as a joke when I was at a friend's house and he told his dad about my awesome collection of dishcloths I had under my bed. I just went along with it for a while, and some laughs were had. When I got home, I actually started to collect them. Due to the space issue, I only collect unique ones with special prints. And of a certain sponge material that's really popular in Sweden. Wettex. I'm getting close to 20 of them stored in binders (card game player at heart). I often forget I have them, so I miss them in stores all the time. It's fun, though.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.